Photo

Screenshot of the Week 252

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 252 (44 member(s) have cast votes)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

Dawnlight
IPB Image
Wild Wild West Pure Style - First Cameo Revealed

Shiek
IPB Image
Zoras Domain

Nuvo
IPB Image

Link R us
IPB Image
Tried my hand at some GB work...Heeeere, kitty, kitty, kittyyy! ~♪

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

Nulled.

I would have voted fot Dawnlight, it's pretty.
Nuvos also looks good but I miss some trees.
Link R us' screen a little too plain, even if it's planned to be original Gameboy-style. Give us more detail icon_wink.gif !

#3 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE(Shiek @ Apr 20 2009, 10:59 PM) View Post

Nuvos also looks good but I miss some trees.

Yeah, I agree. It's kind of hard to fit objects the size of trees into a cramped shot though. I'll see what I can do, however.

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:51 AM

Shiek all the way!
This is the true water screen! It has excellent layout, beautiful (shining?) building and real deep (transparent) flowing water!
There's a tiny mishap, though. The borders suggest that the water is very shallow, only the trees reveal that its deep. There shouldn't be border where the water falls and/or the north borders need transparent water on their south sides. Moreover, there shouldn't be a horizontal water over the trees. They have round ranch, so let the branch be out of water, but only the branch.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Apr 21 2009, 08:51 AM) View Post

Shiek all the way!
This is the true water screen! It has excellent layout, beautiful (shining?) building and real deep (transparent) flowing water!
There's a tiny mishap, though. The borders suggest that the water is very shallow, only the trees reveal that its deep. There shouldn't be border where the water falls and/or the north borders need transparent water on their south sides. Moreover, there shouldn't be a horizontal water over the trees. They have round ranch, so let the branch be out of water, but only the branch.

Thanks.

I found a million more mistakes like the unfitting trees (there are speific Zora-trees), unfitting detail (there are even corals) and the ones you named. However I was in a rush and I guess it's the first time for anyone to use transparent water with GB... Well. I will make something more responsible next week.

#6 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:49 AM

Voted for Dawnlight, suprised I'm the only one...
Dawnlight: Great desert screen, I really like it.
Shiek: Great Zora Domain screen... But how you put the transparent water around is weird...
Nuvo: Don't like those overuse of sharp edges, makes it look bad designed.
Link R Us: Average GB, but it doesn't draw my attention so much.

#7 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:30 PM

Wow shiek cant stop of impressing me icon_clap.gif
really clean zora domain, theres a bug on the tree of the corner.

#8 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

I voted for Dawnlight. Looks great! icon_thumbsup.gif

#9 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:20 PM

icon_shrug.gif I've never really worked with GB much before, and I tried to make it look more like the Oracle games then some super fancy one. Oh well.

Had I not entered, I'd have voted for Shiek. Very nice shot.

#10 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

I nulled, none of them really caught my eye.

#11 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

Dawnlight: 7/10
I think it's thoroughly average. icon_shrug.gif No glaring flaws, but really nothing there that grabs me and pulls me into the shot either.
Shiek: 7/10
First of all, I love this concept. But I think it has some major perspective issues that prevent me from voting for it- for example, the water level at the cliff bases is extremely shallow, like a small puddle, but it extends halfway up the trees. icon_unsettled.gif It all left me very confused and disoriented looking at the shot.
Nuvo: 9/10
One of my favorite shots. I may be in the minority, but I think this shot is excellent. While I think some of the diagonal edges were too straight, the flow of the screen is unmatched and the palette works with the shadows phenomenally.
Link R us: 5/10
Very plain. Definitely not the worst GB screen I've seen, but there are some major improvements to be done. The ground detail is the first thing- you need to mix it up more than you have been. See some of drzchulo's or Relic's Newfirst shots for an idea of what I'm saying. You also need to work on more creative mountain usage, as the straight edges make the shot boring and give it a "I've seen it before" look.

#12 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

I wanted to show something new. I think I already shown too many Overlook, River, and Forest Shots.

#13 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

Sheik's is phenomenal- I love it. The colors, design, everything about it says epic win.

The rest of the shots are all good in their own style, solid shots. Sheik is the obvious win in my book, though.

#14 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:35 PM

I overdone my transparten water use now with your tips, if you like you can see it in SR4 when the Poll opens. I'm pretty greatful for your tips icon_wink.gif and for voting it even if it has major graphical / logical even stylistical problems oO.

#15 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

Dawnlight 9/10 what a great wild-western shot you have there

Shiek 10/10 you just gave me an Idea for zoras domain and the shot looks so like a domain!

Nuvo 9.5/10 what a good shot to bad I can't vote for 2 icon_cry.gif

Link R us 9/10 truly a OoS(ish) shot 1 question will the cat come down icon_biggrin.gif

So Shiek grabs my vote... well done all of yous icon_biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users