A Friendly Reminder About Tact

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

With the approach of the holiday season and (for some of us) the end of a school semester, stress levels are bound to be at an all-time high. It is always our goal to make sure PureZC is a place where people can relax and not have to worry about the stresses of the real world; however, we also understand that the added stress of the season can shorten tempers and spur out-of-character reactions. I know that I personally am under quite a load between work and school and I'm sure that I have been shorter with people than I intended to at times, for which I apologize.

So what I'd like to ask all of us to do as we continue headlong into this stressful time of year is try and keep in mind that everyone is going through this season at the same time. When making posts and responding to others, try and maintain a level of respect for one another and if you disagree with others, make sure not to target the individual instead of the opinion you disagree with. I don't want to discourage people from sharing their views and opinions, but try to understand who your audience is within a topic that it's being posted. Basically, be tactful and considerate of everyone else.

Also, if you have a serious issue with something being said in a topic that you think might just require clarification, before responding publically it might be better at times to message the individual to get the answers you're looking for. Alternatively, if you really think a member is specifically attacking you within a thread, please be sure to report it to the staff instead of trying to return fire. Finally, if you read something that severly upsets you, please take a few moments before responding with a hail of gunfire, because that's just going to make it more likley to hit innocent bystanders in the process, which in turn might completely derail a topic. If we all work together towards keeping this a peacful, friendly community even during this time of year, then I think we can all agree that it'll only help us through it.

Thank you very much.

• Magi_Hero, Rambly, Hergiswi and 8 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users