Domain Name Issues

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

For those of you who got redirected from purezc.net, you might notice that we currently are on a new domain: http://www.celestialrealm.net You're not getting redirected to any malware or anything. :P

Basically, our domain name got messed up somehow.  I'm still trying to get that resolved, and I've moved the domain over to another host.  But for now, I have setup celestialrealm as a temporary domain so that people can still access PureZC.

I'm sorry for the trouble, and I hope to get everything back to normal as soon as I can. :)

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Ya, for some reason, the main site shows up as purezc.net, but then when I go to the forums I get redirected to celestialrealm.net, and get signed out. Hope you get it fixed, however the issue occured! :)

Edit: Also, earlier today, for some reason, I was having trouble connecting to purezc on my computer only (it worked on my phone and other computers in my house), but only for like 2 minutes. Do you think that is related to this in anyway (or was it just my router being stupid again)?

#3 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Is the main page being worked or something I can't access it

#4 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

How are you accessing the main page, and what url are you trying to go to?

Edit: Also, earlier today, for some reason, I was having trouble connecting to purezc on my computer only (it worked on my phone and other computers in my house), but only for like 2 minutes. Do you think that is related to this in anyway (or was it just my router being stupid again)?

Yeah that's related.  That's what sparked all this.

#5 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Thanks so much for the alternative, LTM. You're seriously a hero to this website.

• Eurysilas and The Satellite like this

#6 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

Yeah that's related.  That's what sparked all this.

I see. Well, hopefully you can get it fixed! And thanks for making the effort to keeping this site online by making a temporary domain! :)

#7 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Just to let everyone know, if you hit a 404, you're probably hitting something that's cached.  Go to either http://www.celestialrealm.net/ or http://www.celestialrealm.net/forums/ and hit ctrl-f5.

#8 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

I didn't get redirected but, Magikarp relocated me :)

Hopefully this is fixed soon :P

#9 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

It seems like now purezc.net does not work. Hope your able to fix this. :) (yes, I've said that already :D)

#10 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

It seems like now purezc.net does not work. Hope your able to fix this. :) (yes, I've said that already :D)

This is basically the situation that prompted the temporary celestialrealm domain to begin with. It's just that some people haven't noticed that the domain is broken yet since their internet providers and/or computers haven't updated their DNS caches to the broken information. Sometimes this takes way too long, which is why you probably only just noticed this.

Just be patient. :)

• David likes this

#11 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:04 AM

I know, I'm just curious. :)

#12 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for alternative temporary domain and I hope this issue gets fixed soon! I was a bit worried when I couldn't access this site anymore. ;)

#13 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

Hopefully this issue is resolved soon :3 Took me forever to find this site (thanks to armageddongames)

#14 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Phew... Thank god that this is place is still here... I almost thought the page was long gone never to be seen again... Well at least till I seen something of at AGN about it, surely LTM can get this resolve soon as I wish him luck on getting it resolved.

#15 bladeofjudgement

bladeofjudgement

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Man, what a mess. What a relieve it's still there. Hopefully it's solved soon. Good that I also have an armageddon link in my favorites or I had never found this great side again, until it's fixed that is. But good to know PureZC is not a goner. I feared the worst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users