New Host and Changes

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:20 AM

My initial impression = Excellent work on the new dark skin!

We'll have to wait a while before I can give you anything more useful then that at the moment, once I get comfortable and familiar with it. I also like the Like system, curious if that will stay or if it is intended to be disabled.

Edited by franpa, 13 May 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#17 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:40 AM

Yes, the new skin is awesome. Darker skins are much easier for me to look at. The databases are all loading much faster, too. Haven't tried lurking around the forums much yet, though.

However, I've got this error message coming up on the site's main index, in both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome:

https://sites.google...misc/whoops.png (image size 999x250)

It's not just on the default skin either, it's showing up on all of them.

#18 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Nice! Seems much faster. Well done!

#19 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

Maybe it's my monitor but in the dark green scheme I can't really see who liked a post.

swbQBpK.png

I really love this colour scheme.

• LinktheMaster and Jenny like this

#20 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Another round of applause for Matt.  The site definitely runs faster for me, and the new dark skin is easy on the eyes.  Nice color choices.  I also really like the shades of green used for the reply box.

#21 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for this update! Everything is better now, and help topics on the main site and all is a great move.

#22 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

Maybe it's my monitor but in the dark green scheme I can't really see who liked a post.

swbQBpK.png

No this happens to me too, so you're not alone.  I didn't say anything because I thought I'dve been a one-man army.

Edited by Koh, 13 May 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#23 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:19 AM

swbQBpK.png

This should be fixed now. :) The like buttons have been changed too.

My initial impression = Excellent work on the new dark skin!

We'll have to wait a while before I can give you anything more useful then that at the moment, once I get comfortable and familiar with it. I also like the Like system, curious if that will stay or if it is intended to be disabled.

Glad you're liking it!  I'm not too familiar with making skins, so it's usually rough going for me.  This skin is after a very, very ugly attempt at a dark skin.  Nick set me straight before I got further with that, though. :P

Also, I think the like system will be staying unless issues come up.  I like the system as well so that people can still show that they like stuff without actually making a post for it.  In the future, if there aren't any problems, the like functionality will probably expand to the main site for topics there (and maybe reviews?).

Yes, the new skin is awesome. Darker skins are much easier for me to look at. The databases are all loading much faster, too. Haven't tried lurking around the forums much yet, though.

However, I've got this error message coming up on the site's main index, in both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome:

https://sites.google...misc/whoops.png (image size 999x250)

It's not just on the default skin either, it's showing up on all of them.

You have the main site set to not show the quest project feed, right?  If so, then that issue should be resolved.  It will now show the latest site topics as well underneath the news entries.

• Nathaniel likes this

#24 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

You have the main site set to not show the quest project feed, right?  If so, then that issue should be resolved.  It will now show the latest site topics as well underneath the news entries.

Yep, problem's solved.

#25 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Also, I think the like system will be staying unless issues come up.  I like the system as well so that people can still show that they like stuff without actually making a post for it.  In the future, if there aren't any problems, the like functionality will probably expand to the main site for topics there (and maybe reviews?).

As long as you don't add a "dislike" button too haha. Anyway, I like it too :).

#26 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

how do i use the dark theme? (i cant find anything that changes the theme)

#27 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

how do i use the dark theme? (i cant find anything that changes the theme)

On the very bottom left, there should be a link called "Change Theme." Click on that to select different themes.

#28 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

Now that the site is running faster than ever, The only thing that could make PureZC better is its own Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor.

#29 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

This is great, LtM! The dark skin alone makes all these changes worth it (it looks fantastic). Thanks again for all of your hard work!

#30 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm going to blacklist the original PureZC.com domain, if it isn't still being used to host anything at all. It wouldn't do for Noscript to keep it as a trusted website if anyone could get to it. :/ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users