Photo

Screenshot of the Week 148

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 148 (62 member(s) have cast votes)

8 more shots this week! ^_^

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:48 AM

We have another good bunch of shots this week! Thanks for the entries everyone! icon_biggrin.gif Great to see them.

WindStrike
IPB Image
The Temple's Entrance...

blaman
IPB Image
Nobody said climbing Rokia Mountain would be easy.

mudvayne
IPB Image

Revfan9
IPB Image
...What? Linkus did it...And won... @_@ *gets shot*

rocksfan13
IPB Image
My... this looks awfully familiar.

Fire Wizzrobe
IPB Image
Rhashad's sword cannot save him from the fireball... or can it?

Lotus Eater
IPB Image
Those are some big bugs . .

Sharon Daniel
IPB Image
Hero wanted. Apply within.

Looks like some good competition this week. Good luck to all of you. icon_wink.gif

#2 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:02 AM

Windstrike:

It looks like everything was just crammed into one tile...

Blaman:

Nice RPGM rips, but the grass sucks and nothing really blends.

Mudvayne:

Nice mountains, and overall nice layout, but nothing really stands out.

Revfan9:

That shot SUCKS!!!! Your gonna get PWNT to death.

Rocksfan13:

Basic Pure shot... A lot of work went into the subscreen however.

Fire Wizzrobe:

Nice walls, but the perspective is off and the windows are too large... The fireballs also look more like red whirlpools than fire. Gets my vote.

Lotus Eater:

Nice SD3 graphics, but the mountains need a lot of touchup.

Sharon:

Nice Castle edits... But I cannot vote for you, and the shot is a tad bland anyway.

#3 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:41 AM

Well, time to look at the shots again.

Windstrike - Nice Ice Temple, but there's not much breathing room. I feel claustrophobic just looking at it. j/k icon_razz.gif Just make a little more room.

blaman - The screenshot looks great! Nothing much else to say, though.

mudvayne - A lot of detail was definitely put into that forest. The owl, Link, and the Piece of Heart kinda stand out a little too much. Maybe a black transparent layer would work?

Revfan9 - uhh wow. There's not much to look at in the screenshot, though. Maybe some more action would work.

rocksfan13 - A little crammy in the subscreen, but the rest of the shot looks ok. Looks like the first screen of a Zelda 1 Remake. It looks pretty good.

Fire Wizzrobe - NICE! AN ACTION SCENE! I really like that planet in the background.

Lotus Eater - Reminds me of Golden Sun a bit. The enemies and character look great!

Sharon Daniel - It's a nice-looking castle. Not much else to say.

I think Fire Wizzrobe would have the best chance of winning this week's SotW. I'd like to see more scenes like that. icon_thumbsup.gif

#4 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:34 AM

Great shots
Lotus Eater gets the cookie.

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:08 AM

My vote goes for blaman. Very nice screen setup, and the colors are nice and calm. Just a good, well-rounded shot

Sharon is a close second, just because of those plain grass tiles

#6 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:31 AM

*announcer voice*

Jim: Well here we are in yet another very prosperous SotW! Ain't that right Bob?

Bob: Yes Jim it seems that the recent drought of SotW entries was just the calm before the storm. Chipsets seem to be a strong theme this week, with 5 of the 8 shots having chipset tiles in them!

Jim: Well Bob it's anyone's race at this point but Blaman and Fire Wizzrobe seem to be the crowd favorites so far... With Lotus Eater and Mudvayne having a bit of a boost already!

Bob: And it seems that Revfan, who spent a total of 17 hours ripping that beautiful dungeon set is being left in the dust! That must sting! It looks like Revfan is going to walk away PWNT again!

We'll be right back with SotW 148 after this commercial break!

Vote for your favorite quests in Featured Quest of the Month! Or we'll stab you! :O!

Jim: And we're back folks! The projected Winner seems to be Fire Wizzrobe, with Sharon and Blaman being in second, Mudvayne being in third, and the rest snagging a vote or two.

Bob: And Revfan spent 17 hours on that dungeon set! So sad to see a little guy try so hard and get PWNT!!

Rev: I'm a girl!!! *stabs Bob*

Bob: Ugh.... *dies*

Jim: OMG! You killed Bob!

Kyle: You b@$t@rd$!

*Santa comes down the Chimney*

Santa: Hohoho! Merry Christmas! :O! Presents for everyone!

Jim: Did I get my GI Joe!?!

Santa: No son... You get a box of... ACTIVE GRENADES!!! :O!

Jim: :O! *jumps out the window*

Santa: OH SHI- *asploads*

Jim: *realizes he just jumped out of a 20th story window* Curse yooooooooooooouuuu.... *splat*

Rev: >_> Who are these people?

Punx: It's the Spanish Inquisition! :O!

*The Real Spanish Inquisition pops in*

SI: NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! :O!

Rev: The Spanish Inquisition wasn't a person...

SI: ALL YOUR US ARE BELONG TO BASE! :O!

Punx: Wait wut? *gets shot*

Rev: <_< I hate these family reunions... I can't believe I am related to these freaks...

Punx: Lol i c wut u did thar :O!

Rev: Uhhh... This has been SotW 148 first report... Godspeed... Or whatever...

Santa: Merry Christmas! :O!

#7 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 11 December 2006 - 06:43 AM

I nulled. Nothin' eye-popping this week, and I don't vote when I enter anyway.

I know my shot is boring. I only entered that shot because the castle is pretty much the only thing I've added to the quest in the past week. icon_unsettled.gif

#8 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:26 AM

blaman gets my vote. It's a pretty and interesting looking screenie.

Mudvayne's shot is great as well. It's so well constructed screenie, woah.

Honorable mentions to Fire Wizzrobe and WindStrike, but both of their shots could use some more detail IMO.

#9 Lotus Eater

Lotus Eater

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 08:37 AM

I nulled, I always Null when I enter.
Windstrike - There is way too much going on there, it needs to settle down a bit

Blaman - I don't really care for this shot, but I also don't see anything wrong with it.

Revfan, the buildings look good, but the sprites are rather bright for the environment don't you think?

Rocsfan13 - Again nothing wrong here, just a basic ZC shot.

Fire Wizrobe - Like I said in your forum, those windows have no depth, and hence the background like painted onto the wall.

Lotus Eater - Well that shot pwns.

Sharon Daniel - Well those updated castles are great, good work.

Later,
Lotus

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:24 AM

Lots of excellent shots this time! This has made it very difficult for me to decide on who to vote for, but that is a good thing.

WindStrike - A nice looking split screen. I am always a fan of such screens in dungeons. Kind of tight quarters, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and certainly not in this case. This screen does make me interested in knowing what the rest of the level looks like, which is also a big plus. Nice job on bringing down the light indicating a hole in the ceiling.

blaman - Nice looking tiles you are using there (all of them), and I like how everything is placed. I love those trees. Very nicely done overall.

mudvayne - Excellently done as well! I love those rock formations and how you make use of them.

Revfan9 - Nice looking building, and very nice looking sprites, although they don't go all that well with each other. Overall well done though.

rocksfan13 - Your basic functional ZC screenshot. Good for gameplay, but tough to be considered the best.

Fire Wizzrobe - Nice looking custom tiles (I think), especially the windows. Outside of the few unique things in the shot, it doesn't look all that interesting.

Lotus Eater - Beautifully done with the bridge and sprites. I am not sure what else to say, though.

Sharon Daniel - Very nice castle entrance and bottom portion of the subscreen. This shot depicts a significant moment for link, as it marks the beginning of a new chapter in his life.

I don't like to null, so I went through the hard decision of making a choice. In the end I chose Sharon, both for its good design and the fact that it seems to tell a story well without the use of words.

#11 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:39 PM

To be honest, I didn't think I would really get that much of a response from it. But I figured anyway. What the heck and submitted it. It could be worse though.

I do plan on submitting better ones in the future though. Stuff from Link's Retirement 4 and such. I'm just glad that nobody has totally hated it so far.

By the way, do you guys really think I put too much in the subscreen?

Edited by rocksfan13, 11 December 2006 - 12:40 PM.

#12 Lotus Eater

Lotus Eater

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 01:15 PM

Yes, I do, You could easily cut the text out, or shrink it, Magic Boomerang is pointless as I know what I have, Hyrule could be a lot smaller, and use smaller icons for the Keys, Bombs, etc.

That would make it look a lot nicer.

#13 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:35 PM

Ho ho... I like this. None of them really stand out, but at the same time there are actually unique! Huzzah Huzzah.

Wind- Nice to see a shot thats actually from a game, but it seems kinda cramped.

Blam- This would have gotten my vote, but I seriously hate the water. It completly destroys the screen. You should look at transparent water, something like M did. Methinks it would look a lot better.

Muda- Plain sexyness. I dont really know why, but I like it. Gets my vote.

Rev- 2 things. 1, please dont enter cropped shots. Its not that hard to make link invisible and take a shot in Zquest. 2, the top part needs something... seems like a area of empty space.

Rock- Nice shot, just not quite as appealing as Mudas.

Fire- Already saw it, and the windows still bug me to much to vote for this. That and the repition with the blasts. You should make 2-3 of those explosions with different times on each. Looks a lot better icon_biggrin.gif

Lots- Dispite the fact that its impossible to have sprites that big, the shot is very bland. The thing that bugs me about this is that you did nothing but rip a couple of graphic throw them together and send it in. Out of curosity did you even rip all of them so that they are animated, not just sitting around?

Shda- I like a lot... it actually took me a little bit of squinting to relize you did edit things, but its definatly a improvment on what it used to be. The only real turnoffs are the tiles that you dident edit (ex. the taller grass... you must make those fit in better), and the top part of the castle walls could use some work to. The blue doesent fit in with the rest of the screen, as its a lot brighter than the rest of it... making a solid stone roof would proaboly look a lot better. All in all though, it still isent quite as sexy as Mudas. Good shot though icon_biggrin.gif

#14 Lotus Eater

Lotus Eater

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 02:40 PM

Eatin Cake, the character is fully animated and my Link replacement and all the other sprites have their animations already in the system and ready to go for the 2.5 Enemy Editor, that way I don't have to rip the later, so yes, it's all fully functional. I just have to wait for the enemy editor before they'll actually be "real"

Edited by Lotus Eater, 11 December 2006 - 02:40 PM.

#15 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:11 PM

You should look at transparent water, something like M did. Methinks it would look a lot better.

It is better for you, to type /M/, since you typing M would confuse others. Either way, I wouldn't appreciate someone copying my way of designing water. If he does transparent, at least some different style. Not mines. So, don't suggest it. IMO, I think the water is perfectly fine and realistic.

Edited by /M/, 11 December 2006 - 03:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users