Pendants / Spiritual Stones / Medallions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:43 PM

Hey, guys!  I haven't done any ZQing since the 192/184 days and ZQuest is looking pretty different lately.  I was just wondering.  I see the new Custom Items thing, and there's a classification called "Triforce Pieces".  Now, since I've picked this back up, I've started a quest where I want there to be six Triforce pieces to get (2 in Temples of Power, Temples of Wisdom, and Temples of Courage, each).  But I also want the player to be able to get the three Pendants of Virtue from LttP to unlock the Master Sword*

Is it possible to do that in ZQuest?  Would they be custom items?  Does the "Triforce Piece" class mess with keeping count of actual Triforce pieces?

I mean, it must be possible... just how would I do it?

*And if you're wondering, the pendants wouldn't be found in separate dungeons, but basically IN the Temple of Time...  I'm wanting it to have some kind of duplicate map that I can pass off as an "ancient past" idea where things are different; so as to compensate for the amount of dungeons.  I might even make it a Phantom Hourglass style dungeon, but the idea was that the Timeshift things from Skyward Sword could be pretty easy to do well in ZC with insta-warps and duplicates of the map.

**(I'm really trying to emphasis nonlinearity and the idea of an open world, so I'd love to have a single dungeon where I can equip the player with some basic items needed to get around Hyrule to enforce that nonlinearity.)

Edited by Reflectionist, 13 October 2016 - 09:49 PM.

#2 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:51 PM

Scripting.

Or, since generally "scripting" is not the first thing someone wants to hear... You could have the Pendant be a Triforce Piece located in a DMap that' not Level 1-8, and have it warp you to a screen with secrets activated that carries over to another screen, and, using warps, have it detect if you've found all the Pendants and then warp you to a Master Sword cutscene.

Or String Control Codes, but nobody seems to use those D:

(EDIT: Just to clarify, you only "obtain" a Triforce piece if it's in Levels 1-8. Well, you actually gain one for the level you are one, IIRC, but the engine only checks for the first 8 (or 6, if you have the 6 Triforce Piece Quest Rule on (or 4, if you have Big Triforce Piece Quest Rule on (or 3, if you have 6 Triforce Piece and Big Triforce Piece Quest Rules on))))

Edited by Dimentio, 13 October 2016 - 09:55 PM.

#3 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 13 October 2016 - 10:14 PM

I'm okay with trying scripting, I just don't know anything about it.  

I'm not 100% sure what you said, but...  
I would start with a custom item, set it to Triforce Piece # 7 (since 1-6 are quest-related, 7-9 can be pendants), 
Then have, copies of the "Door of Time" room with no Pendants, with all Pendants?  

I guess, to make it easy, I could have the player need to 'put' the Pendants in their spots to open the door... 
Wouldn't that be 9 different screens depending on which combination of 'put' the player does?  I don't know, maybe I'm not understanding.

Edited by Reflectionist, 13 October 2016 - 10:15 PM.

#4 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:39 AM

An ffc script that let you walk up to it and "place" a specific item into it, changing its combo, and then triggering screen secrets if it's the last one, would be fairly simple.

#5 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:21 PM

Thank you!

I don't even know where to start with that, but I could give it a shot.  

There are a couple of really interesting scripts in the database here that I'm wanting to try out anyway.  I'll see if I can put them in at least.  If I'm still stuck after doing that and reading through the Shardstorm ZCWiki page on Scripting, I'll come back.  The way I read it before, FFCs were mostly just for NPCs?  I get the acronym, Freeform Combo, but I don't understand it, yet.  Is it basically a versatile way to circumvent that old method of doing NPCs by having a tile warp you to and from a duplicate screen where a string would be?

If you decide to try it out, let me know if it works, but I do at least want to give it a shot before just asking someone if they would do it for me. 

I'll get there, thank you for your help!  

Edited by Reflectionist, 14 October 2016 - 12:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users