Photo

custom boss

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:53 AM

Ok I want to make this Gohma:IPB Image
which is pretty much stationary. His/her (What ever sex it may be.) little claws move I want it so that when each claw comes forward, it shoots a fire ball or what not. And you have to shoot it in the eye to kill it.

Now I read the "idontknow" tutorial for it, but is seems more complex than what I want. So can some one help me figure out how to accomplish this?

#2 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:35 AM

No prob.

First off: What kind of boss do you want to make?

An ffc boss,
A comby cycling/animated old school boss,
Or a scripted boss.

If you are usinf a 2.11+ beta I recomend the first option; ffc boss.

Secondly: What do you want your boss to do?
EDIT: aah, missed that part of what it does...This might depend on the first question.

Edited by Gleeok, 18 February 2008 - 02:37 AM.

#3 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Feb 17 2008, 11:35 PM) View Post

No prob.

First off: What kind of boss do you want to make?

An ffc boss,
A comby cycling/animated old school boss,
Or a scripted boss.
If you are usinf a 2.11+ beta I recomend the first option; ffc boss.
Secondly: What do you want your boss to do?
EDIT: aah, missed that part of what it does...This might depend on the first question.

I want it to be a shooter type, that is stationary, unless I can use all of these tiles:IPB Image And I was thinking that after 30 0r second it spawns two little 16X16 enemies. So probably scripted boss. So that means this needs to be in the script form could a mod please move it there please.

So basically, I want to script it to be like Gohma in Oot. So the script would have it do this.

Gohma eyes are the blue color link cant shoot it yet, then while the eye is blue it shoots two projectiles at link one from each claw(that is extended) then it spawns two 16X16 enemies, after that link kills them,(16X16's) then Gohma's eyes turns light red color, which means link can now shoot it, Gohma then lays down and link then has to use the sword. And that would have to be repeted two or three times to defeat Gohma. Simple enough? icon_deformed.gif

#4 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:48 AM

If you are operating in 2.5 with scripts, you can do amazing Custom Bosses with scripts.

If you don't want to learn scripting, they won't be as fancy, but I made a tutorial for that here:

http://zcu.sephiroth...;showarticle=33

Since I assume you want scripting, you won't be able to use only my tutorial, but it might help you anyway. icon_shrug.gif

#5 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

at first I didnt want to script it, but gleeok kind got me thinking I do.

#6 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:30 PM

Well, scripting is awesome. Still, I'm sure my tutorial could help you anyway.

#7 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:53 PM

Well any mod out there want to move this to scripting discussion And rename it Custom boss script request please. I know it did not start out as a script request, but now it is so...

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(ennonfenom @ Feb 18 2008, 12:14 PM) View Post

at first I didnt want to script it, but gleeok kind got me thinking I do.

I think you should not use a script. You just can't beat good old combo cycling custom bosses. It seems simple enough not to require a script.

#9 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Feb 18 2008, 05:06 PM) View Post

I think you should not use a script. You just can't beat good old combo cycling custom bosses. It seems simple enough not to require a script.

So I could make it were the boss spawns two mini enemies, and is it possible to shoot it in the eye, and make it drop down, then have to use the sword with out scripts? Thats sounds kinda tedious to me. icon_sweat.gif

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE(ennonfenom @ Feb 18 2008, 09:43 PM) View Post

So I could make it were the boss spawns two mini enemies, and is it possible to shoot it in the eye, and make it drop down, then have to use the sword with out scripts? Thats sounds kinda tedious to me. icon_sweat.gif

The fact that it's tedious is what gives you that huge sense of accomplishment when you complete it. That is what makes custom boss making so rewarding. Which is why I love it. Just the feel of victory, making a custom boss, getting it bug free, and then dying when you try to face it. It's the best part of ZC.

#11 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:30 PM

Well Alright, I will give it a shoot, hopefully I can get it done. So I will ready the tutorials again but I will probably still need help getting it done! icon_shrug.gif

#12 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(ennonfenom @ Feb 19 2008, 05:30 PM) View Post

Well Alright, I will give it a shoot, hopefully I can get it done. So I will ready the tutorials again but I will probably still need help getting it done! icon_shrug.gif

I'll be glad to help. Custom bosses are my specialty. And last time I offered to help somebody with custom bosses, I ended up starting a quest with said person. I am sure a certain member here will remember that. *Cough* Ghost King Boss *Cough*

#13 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

^ alright that'll be really cool of you. So basically, I want to do what I posted in #3 up there. So I guess you could either tell me how to do it, and or I will finish ripping the rest of those tiles And I can give you a temp copy of my qst, to help set it up which ever way is more convenient for you.

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:19 PM

That seems simple enough. Just rip the tiles in, send the quest to me, tell me what version, tell me where to put it, and I'll set it up.

#15 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

• Banned

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:23 PM

Ok will do. Although I am kind busy for a few days so it might be thursday? or some?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users