Photo

NOT AGEN! PLZ HELP!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:18 PM

Then try CSets 2 or 3.

#17 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:18 PM

Did you try pressing B again? And if all else fails just reopen all the programs. It seems that that can actually help with a lot of stuff.

#18 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:21 PM

Yes i press B! thats what i thot work befor but it didnt :\

#19 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

B doesn't always work. Thankfully, it doesn't need to. It only takes effect within ZQuest, most of the time.

By the way, please check your spelling before you post. Thank you.

#20 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

Please, listen to The Satellite: your problem is that you're using CSet 6. DO NOT USE CSET 6.

#21 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

Thank you, Eb.

That would have to be your problem, dude.

#22 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:33 PM

Topic Merged. Seriously.

If pressing B worked for him the first time, and (According to his lack of details) all of the conditions are the same, then if pressing B doesn't do it, like it will occasionally fail to, then Aaron will just have to trust that it'll be fine when he plays the quest.

#23 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

Im pisss now! RELY PISS! Plz explain to me about CSet's, i thot i knew what u ment about it but i gess i dont, plz explain it so i get it!

#24 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Aug 6 2007, 11:17 PM) View Post

Read this entire tutorial. It should point you in the right place.
I don't suppose you read the tutorial there, right? If it didn't help explain things, then what would you say would? I'll bet people would use less images and notes in their own explanations, as fewer people would want to spend as lengthy a time on theirs as I did.

You may as well give it a shot. Don't resign yourself to saying "This is too long!" Otherwise you'll never get anywhere.

#25 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

csets are the color set hold on ill get a picture

IPB Image

this is cset 2 this is good color and this...
IPB Image
is cset 6 the color is messed up

Edited by newbydude, 07 August 2007 - 07:42 PM.

#26 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

Read that tutorial first. (The second half of it, at LEAST. But don't skimp on it. It explains pretty much all of the basics relating to ZC's graphics. If you don't read it, your expectations may become unrealistic.)

A Cset is indeed a Color Set. ZC's graphics are a heavily intertwined series of rules and User-Interface setups defined by rigid hardcoded positions of color slots within an array of colors.

lol, in other words, certain rows of colors do certain things to your ZC Quest. Cset 6 is the Cset Link will use. If you mess with Cset 6, Link will probably look all funky. If you mess with Cset 7, all blue enemies will look bizarre, depending on how you messed with it. Each Cset has its own purpose.

Csets 2, 3, 4, and 9 are used by the Dmap you're on to determine the colors of the world around you. They're your basic building blocks of the world, though you can also slap down some combos that are colored like Link or whatever.

To use an analogy, imagine the world around you. Your body is colored in Cset 6. Your bedroom uses colors from Csets 2, 3, 4, and 9. (9 for little objects belonging in your room and your room alone.) When you go outside of your room, say, into the neighborhood, the neighborhood will ALSO use Csets 2, 3, 4, and 9, but the colors of those Csets will be different.

Yes, take a look at newbydude's screenshots. Note how when you press Keypad + or - several times, the colors of the combos you can put down change. It's not changing any colors, actually. It's just switching the Color Set (Cset) that the combos will draw upon when you put them down. It's sort of like changing the color of your highlighter before you draw with it. The same drawing can be drawn with different color pens, but that doesn't change what the drawing is. Know what I mean?

#27 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:54 PM

I read that entire tutorial, ALL OF IT! did it help? NO! im going to end up not making a quest anymore! I cant beleve this...

#28 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:55 PM

switch csets or download it again

#29 wsuraider88

wsuraider88

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

Shadows aren't important to a quest anyways. It's the CONTENT (challenge level) of the quest itself.

#30 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(Aaron1046 @ Aug 7 2007, 08:54 PM) View Post
I read that entire tutorial, ALL OF IT! did it help? NO! I'm going to end up not making a quest anymore! I cant believe this...
Wow, your spelling seems to have taken a dramatic shift for the better. Thank you!

So what part of it didn't help? I'm really not sure what you mean by "NO!" but it sounds like you already knew everything that was mentioned in it. The tutorial wasn't mean to be an exact solution to this problem of the incorrect color of the shadows, (Note how you didn't say that anything else was affected.) whereas people here have suggested the "B" Method several times, and you have verified it yourself that it works and does not work on occasion.

Once more, 90% of the time, it will fix itself when you actually play the quest. There are some things within ZQuest that just look different when actually playing the quest in the ZC Player.

switch csets or download it again
Switching Csets might help, but then you wouldn't have the colors you'd have liked, would you? I'm not sure that downloading it again would fix the problem, as either you'd be downloading the same content all over again, or reverting to an earlier, unwanted save and would have to work your way back, or, if you were expecting the contents of the download to be different, what are the chances that this exact item would be the sole entity that had changed?

Shadows aren't important to a quest anyways. It's the CONTENT (challenge level) of the quest itself.
I like this perspective a lot, but it's not the only one at play here. If there is a problem, it's only fair that the true nature of it become unearthed to have no need to return to it to diagnose it again in the future.

... Hm.

I just discovered that I've had a piece of duct tape stuck to my elbow for the past eight hours. Remarkable. It must have had phenomenal ninjitsu skills to have evaded detection for so long while wearing a short-sleeved shirt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users