Photo

Screenshot of the Week 398

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 398 (42 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Theryan
IPB Image
That feel when you want a chest, but never learned how to swim...

demonlink14
IPB Image
Awesome preview of Hyrule Castle

Rambly
IPB Image
*~*

Scootaloo
IPB Image
Princess Hero

-----------

Public Service Announcement
Hey everyone! SotW 400 is coming up really soon. In fact, it's the SotW after the next one! So let's try to get a great showing for it. icon_smile.gif

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Theryan - Solid shot, but if that coconut between the two tiles isn't a walkable tile, then it seems like it's in the way. Unless that's the point of the screen, and you're supposed to get the flippers before you can do anything, in which case, nice idea. icon_thumbsup.gif

demonlink14 - Solid shot, though the color of the flames seems a bit off.

Rambly - Solid shot, no complaints at all, except for that coconut (I always thought it was a coconut anyway) near the bottom right, it seems too close to the walkable area. Unless of course you can walk over it, then it's no problem at all.

Scootaloo - Solid shot, only thing that really bugs me is the repetitive grass, unless of course that's how it normally works in the actual GB games; I've only played Link's Awakening and I don't remember how all the screens work.

Solid shots this week, everybody.

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Rambly wins my vote. Theryan a close second.

demonlink14 - If you ever watched Soul Eater. (<- Intended to be a joke) It's not 100% symmetrical, which is not a bad thing, but the tile placement is pretty cluttered and messy. I also see 3 known tile errors on that screen.

Scootaloo - You nailed the grass detail, but it does look pretty empty.

Edited by Dawnlight, 18 February 2013 - 11:56 PM.

#4 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

FACT: Theryan's screenshot uses only palm trees.
FACT: Rambly's screenshot uses only palm trees.

FACT: Theryan's screenshot features palm trees on those forest ledge things that usually don't have palm trees on them.
FACT: Rambly's screenshot features palm trees on those forest ledge things that usually don't have palm trees on them.

FACT: The Satellite commented on a coconut combo causing walkability issues in Theryan's screenshot.
FACT: The Satellite commented on a coconut combo causing walkability issues in Rambly's screenshot.

QUESTION: Have you ever seen Rambly and Theryan in the same room at the same time? Coincidence? I think not.

I just figured I'd point that out... anyway:
demonlink14 - It's a nice shot. Nothing too spectacular about it though.
Rambly - No complaints here, solid shot.
Scootaloo - This reminds me a lot of GB. The only issues I have are the open corners and the fully grown tree in the middle of that dirt pathway.

I nulled for obvious reasons.

#5 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Theryan and Rambly both disqualified for being the same person. Or uh, I guess scratch the both.

Nulled, of course. (Also I just don't have an issue with open corners all the time) :<

#6 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Theryan
Pretty solid all in all, but I'm not a big fan of the random details like the shell, wood fragments, and sprouts.

demonlink14
Not much to complain about, but nothing special either. The perspective on the torches is a little odd when they'e placed so close to the south wall.

Rambly
Vote goes here. Good mellow colors and subtle but effective detail does me in.

Scootaloo
Not much to write home about. Nice open design, but the detailed grass makes the screen look oddly dirty.

#7 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

I voted for Theryan this week. It was really close to Rambly as I love the palette. However, the trees in the water look a little odd.

This was a great week. Good job everyone!

#8 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Voted for Theryan, not only for excellent screen design, but also for them treasure chest feels. Damn, I wanna cry for Link's troubling predicament icon_frown.gif

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Rambly's shot has trees in the water. I did not notice Rambly's shot had trees in the water. Rambly's shot is made of win.

TENOUTTATEN!

Edited by Moosh, 20 February 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#10 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

I like them all. still looking for the supposed errors in the castle shot. perspective SNAFUs are all I see. great stuff, kids.

#11 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

FACT: Theryan's screenshot uses only palm trees.
FACT: Rambly's screenshot uses only palm trees.

FACT: Theryan's screenshot features palm trees on those forest ledge things that usually don't have palm trees on them.
FACT: Rambly's screenshot features palm trees on those forest ledge things that usually don't have palm trees on them.

FACT: The Satellite commented on a coconut combo causing walkability issues in Theryan's screenshot.
FACT: The Satellite commented on a coconut combo causing walkability issues in Rambly's screenshot.

QUESTION: Have you ever seen Rambly and Theryan in the same room at the same time? Coincidence? I think not.

I just figured I'd point that out... anyway:
Theryan - No complaints here, solid shot.
demonlink14 - It's a nice shot. Nothing too spectacular about it though.
Scootaloo - This reminds me a lot of GB. The only issues I have are the open corners and the fully grown tree in the middle of that dirt pathway.

I nulled for obvious reasons.

(In all seriousness: I'm really surprised I got as many votes as I did and that the reaction to my screenshot was as positive as it has been considering I threw it together specifically so that SotW would have enough entries to start. icon_razz.gif Thanks, everyone!)

#12 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

Theryan - 22 votes = 59.46%
demonlink14 - 1 vote = 2.70%
Rambly - 12 votes = 32.43%
Scootaloo - 2 votes = 5.41%

Total Votes: 37

Theryan
IPB Image
That feel when you want a chest, but never learned how to swim...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users