Photo

Screenshot of the Week 379

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 379 (51 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Haven't you learned anything, The Satellite? Zelda Classic isn't about "fun"! It's about following graphical trends and cranking out "pretty" screenshots endlessly. I mean, come on, how could you even have such awful taste as to use a tileset that isn't The Minish Cap? icon_rolleyes.gif

(In case the irony is lost on anyone, I wasn't being serious about anything in this post at all.)

#32 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

IPB Image

Voted for TS because I honestly find LttP refreshing. I really hope that screen is part of a full LttP-style quest!

#33 Separys

Separys

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Gotta vote for The Satellite's, purely for the nostalgia and the great tileset.

#34 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Aug 29 2012, 02:40 PM) View Post

Oh yeah, sure. "I don't like how it looks, so don't use that." That's rude and selfish, honestly. There are many graphics I think are ugly, like square ALttP mountains or these mountains, among other popular design decisions, but I don't tell people to stop using them. It's like Scootaloo said; people may actually enjoy using them and think they look good. I think ALttP looks good and I enjoy using it; DoR mountains, on the other hand, give me headaches. And not everyone agrees with you anyway; many people (at least ten) on this site like how the set looks, or else they wouldn't have voted for it.

So yeah, if you want to "demotivate" people from having fun, then go ahead and be a killjoy.

I agree with you TS. (By the way, I voted for you icon_smile.gif cause you use ALttP graphics really well and I love ALttP) If someone uses a set well, or even if they don't use it well, the graphics in use should not be what makes a "great shot". It should be the way they are used. Also aaa2, trying to stop people from using a set just because you don't like the graphics is a very petty thing to do. I don't like Z1 graphics, but I do remember voting for a classic screen in one of the past contests. icon_wink.gif Just try to relax more aaa2, okay? We are not your enemies, those moblins are. icon_xd.gif

#35 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

aaa2, I fail to see why The Satellite should drop a whole tileset just because you dislike it. I've never liked the default 2.5 graphics but that doesn't mean I tell everyone who uses it to stop what they like using because I dislike it. Plus, this is Screenshot of the Week not Graphics of the Week. icon_shrug.gif

#36 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

Don't waste your time Shane. It's fun to see aaa2 starve to death. icon_lol.gif

I personally enjoy TS's ALTTP shots. It's just this one doesn't catch my eye as much as his other ALTTP shots.

#37 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

I voted for TS. I'm not going to go into details on each shot because I'm lazy. Even excusing the mountains in Ducktape's shot, which aside from being next to flat ice isn't so bad, none of the shots are terribly exciting. I think TS's shot is just my favorite in it's simple look and charming feel and ALTTP is refreshing. All three shots are designed well.

#38 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

Ventus: Hey man, nice shot! I'm really digging this. I still stand by my sentiments though: somebody, PLEASE create some new tall grass tiles for this set. They just look so bad.

-DuCkTApE-: I won't bother involving myself in the mountain thing because everyone else has already said it, but otherwise, this is a nice GBC shot.

The Satellite: It's a damn shame you couldn't get the sprites into this shot because it really would have completed the ALttP feel you've created. This shot looks like something you would see in the game.

My vote this week goes to Ventus. The shot is simple but effective, if you ask me.

#39 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

Ventus - 20 votes = 41.67%
-DuCkTApE- - 13 votes = 27.08%
The Satellit - 15 votes = 31.25%

Total Votes: 48

Ventus
IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic