Photo

Screenshot of the Week 615

Demonlink Eddy Avataro TheRock Sheik Alestance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 615 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:44 PM

Eddy
Eddy.png
Nodnol Village. Just a simple screenshot, though this is a personal special screen for one reason. Try to find out why :P

Demonlink
Demonlink.png
"Why are you humans so heartless!? Just because we are monsters, doesn't mean we act like them! My brother Jyra wasn't ready to leave this world, but now, he can rest in peace. That peak was his favorite spot of this mountain..." - Kans the Moblin

"... No innocent blood is going to spill anymore. Seeing Kans' pain, I see now that this war has to come to an end. Even if that means turning against my comrades... and, the King of Hyrule..." - Leon, Third in Command of the Hylian Army.

TheRock
TheRock.png

Sheik
Sheik.png

Alestance
Alestance.png
An old tileset that uses only the level c-sets for enemies, items, Link, and background objects. Never completed, highly unusable, but here it is.

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

About Eddy's screenshot, I think it's special because "Nodnol" is "London" backwards. Could be something totally different though, but it seems a bit odd because Eddy lives there. :D

• Eddy likes this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:00 PM

I voted Eddy. It makes me so excited to play it I might throw a thing. [/inside_joke]

• Eddy likes this

#4 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:09 PM

I threw a thing and the thing hit Eddy's screenshot. So I voted for it.
  • Eddy likes this

#5 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:15 PM

I REALLY loved Eddy's screenshot and would have voted for it; but, I think Demonlink's is just the tiniest bit more appealing to me. It could be the tileset, but I think Demonlink's shot just has an amazing atmosphere and makes me really want to play the quest to find out the full story. Although, Eddy's shot is beautiful...

• Eddy and Demonlink like this

#6 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:35 AM

Eddy - looking down on the house looks a bit odd while I see everything else from the front. And the rocks might look better in a more rock-like color I think. Beautiful screen.

Demonlink - another great screen. Lost Isle comes to mind. Story sounds also great. Hero of Dreams comes to mind. The mountain going down behind the big tree look a bit odd with the transition to the higher areas. Not a big deal though.

Avataro - the walls would look better with some details to indicate that they are walls. Especially the corners and edges. I really like the screen structure. Voted here.

TheRock - looks somewhat empty. And the statues look placed random. Some tiles that indicate an old ruin, a place that is falling apart would be nice.

Sheik - the mountains and rock borders form a few straight lines that look a bit too unnatural. The colors, tiles as the screen design are a feast to the eyes.

Alestance - is this supposed to be a night-screen? It just looks dark. I don't like the colors in general, especially Link's and the enemies'. The round mountain-corners and the low mountain on the right also look odd. Beside that a nice, solid screen.
  • Demonlink likes this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:18 AM

About Eddy's screenshot, I think it's special because "Nodnol" is "London" backwards. Could be something totally different though, but it seems a bit odd because Eddy lives there. :D

Well, that's one thing, but the village name is just because I ran out of name ideas lol (Credits to Yoshi for that). The reason is something else, look back through the screenshots of my older quests on the database and see if you can spot something :P

Eddy - looking down on the house looks a bit odd while I see everything else from the front. And the rocks might look better in a more rock-like color I think. Beautiful screen.

Can't do much about the house, even if I wanted to. Mostly because if I try to fix up the house with my fantastic spriting skills, it would end up looking absolutely horrible. I'm just gonna have to live with the default house tiles :P And as for the 'rocks' (or what I think they're supposed to be dirt patches), I could probably try to find a different colour like brown or grey, but I dunno, it seems fine to me IMO. I could try and mess around for a bit though and see what I can get.

Was totally not expecting to get close 2nd place here, honestly thought Demonlink would've been completely dominating the contest by being so far ahead lol (would've voted for him or Sheik if I didn't submit)

• Jenny likes this

#8 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:13 AM

Wow what a fantastic week! Always great to see classic-esque shots with much more realized life and detail Eddy :) . Love the palette Demonlink, the whole shot feels bathed in the orange/pink sunset glow, especially the cliff browns. Sheik strikes again with that fantastic BS+ tileset that looks so great, especially the vibrant trees and soft gold colors on the thatched roof (even has Mutoh!). Eddy and Shiek are super close IMO, but I'm voting Eddy because using classic well is never easy. Llew enod!

Edited by Cukeman, 12 June 2017 - 06:16 AM.

• Eddy and Sheik like this

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

Demonlink, how did Kans manage to afford and buy such a fabulous headstone for his brother if they are hated by humans? :P

• Demonlink likes this

#10 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

Don't let yourself get blinded by prejudice! Moblins are just normal people like you and me, they can make their own fabulous headstones.

(Lejes's 24h-quest comes to mind)

• Demonlink likes this

#11 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

(even has Mutoh!)

And Anju! And on of the carpeters.

• Cukeman likes this

#12 Binx

Binx

Formerly Lineas

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

Well, that's one thing, but the village name is just because I ran out of name ideas lol (Credits to Yoshi for that). The reason is something else, look back through the screenshots of my older quests on the database and see if you can spot something :P

Can't do much about the house, even if I wanted to. Mostly because if I try to fix up the house with my fantastic spriting skills, it would end up looking absolutely horrible. I'm just gonna have to live with the default house tiles :P And as for the 'rocks' (or what I think they're supposed to be dirt patches), I could probably try to find a different colour like brown or grey, but I dunno, it seems fine to me IMO. I could try and mess around for a bit though and see what I can get.

Was totally not expecting to get close 2nd place here, honestly thought Demonlink would've been completely dominating the contest by being so far ahead lol (would've voted for him or Sheik if I didn't submit)

Well, one thing you COULD do is edit the top of the house to only be 1 tile tall, rather than 2 (relatively easy, just cut the top and bottom tiles in half then overlay them), I think the second tile is what's making it look too thick, which is why it looks odd.

#13 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 12 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

Demonlink, how did Kans manage to afford and buy such a fabulous headstone for his brother if they are hated by humans? :P

What Naru mentioned. Don't underestimate Moblins my dear friend. Even they deserve fancy graves. :P

Don't let yourself get blinded by prejudice! Moblins are just normal people like you and me, they can make their own fabulous headstones.

(Lejes's 24h-quest comes to mind)

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:18 AM

Well, one thing you COULD do is edit the top of the house to only be 1 tile tall, rather than 2 (relatively easy, just cut the top and bottom tiles in half then overlay them), I think the second tile is what's making it look too thick, which is why it looks odd.

I might mess around with it for a while then and see what I can come up with. IMO I think it currently looks fine the way it is, but I'll see what I can do.

• Jenny likes this

#15 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:47 AM

It's fine, Eddy. Classic isn't really perfect on perspective to begin with... :P

• Eddy and Jenny like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demonlink, Eddy, Avataro, TheRock, Sheik, Alestance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users