Photo

Screenshot of the Week 198

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 198 (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite Screenshot of the Week

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

Evile
It's my favorite out of all the shots, though in my opinion I liked the old character better.
link1996
The screen design is a little straight, but the cow killing joke is funny. icon_lol.gif
LostInHyru1e
Ugh, it's alot like Link1996's shot, but I do like the water. icon_smile.gif
Migokalle
This one was a very close vote for me, I love the tree's and the canyons and stuff.
TriMaster001
Love the new pallete, though I don't like how the cage structures cuts of the dungeon borders. icon_unsettled.gif
------------------
My vote goes to Evile! icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by HeavyTitanium, 17 February 2008 - 04:40 PM.

#17 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Feb 17 2008, 03:33 PM) View Post

Hey, no offense taken, but I disagree with you.
You don't like DoR's Summertime Palette!? I love it. icon_smile.gif
Hey, I've seen some of your older shots, your first ones with new tilesets sucked too. icon_biggrin.gif Just give me a little time to get better, don't tell me to stick with an older tileset.

Well... yes, they sucked... but I didn't enter SotW with any of em, or finished a quest with them, did I?
Nope... I waited, and trained. You do that too... you'll fel happy of yourself... really...

#18 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:15 PM

Evile: It looks good, but I am tired of seeing the forest pictures.
link1996: Guy with ax+cow=awesome!
LostInHyrule: Transparent Water! The screen is very well put together, but try putting some underwater things, like rocks and plants, in the river. I made a thread a little bit ago in the developers exchange that has some tiles in it.
Migokalle: Here is my honest opinion: That screen needs a mystery tree. I know you hate them, but they look so good. And I must admit, the idea of taking a key from a monkey's carcass is rather vulgar.
TriMaster001: It looks good. I love that new palette!

After thinking for a while, I'm going with LostInHyru1e. It has nothing to do with the fact that that screen is going to be in a quest done jointly by me. icon_whistle.gif

#19 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

I vote for Migokalle.

#20 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:03 PM

Well... yes, they sucked... but I didn't enter SotW with any of em, or finished a quest with them, did I?

No, but I'm bored and I don't feel like entering SotW with Classic, which was your original recommendation. icon_razz.gif

EDIT Link1996 is watching, everybody. Beware. Why don't you post, Link1996?

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 17 February 2008 - 07:03 PM.

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

I just relized he never posted at all. I'd say his first submission was pretty good. Although it looks almost like a frozen version of LostInHyru1e's.

#22 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

Link 1996... icon_cry.gif poor cow... icon_sweat.gif

#23 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:14 PM

I just relized he never posted at all. I'd say his first submission was pretty good. Although it looks almost like a frozen version of LostInHyru1e's.

Yeah, he hasn't posted yet. But I wouldn't say his shot looks that much like mine... 'cept for the river and the bridge...

Link 1996... icon_cry.gif poor cow... icon_sweat.gif

icon_biggrin.gif

#24 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:59 PM

Sorry for alway posting similar shots people, I'll put an interior one in next time if the tiles are ready. icon_wink.gif

#25 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:00 PM

Yes, very poor cow. I found that scene kind of disturbing as I am not a fan of blood.

Again, very very poor cow. icon_cry.gif

edit: oops, I posted almost the same time as evile

Edited by ZebraStallion, 17 February 2008 - 09:01 PM.

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Feb 17 2008, 06:00 PM) View Post

Yes, very poor cow. I found that scene kind of disturbing as I am not a fan of blood.

Again, very very poor cow. icon_cry.gif
edit: oops, I posted almost the same time as evile

You have to admit, it is kind of clever. Although I would not want to see that same screen about five seconds later either. Why must the good die young? icon_cry.gif

#27 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

Link1996 told me he planned to make "Grill" tiles and "Hamburger" tiles next week, and change the axe to a spatula.

If he could pull it off, I would love to see that. icon_biggrin.gif

#28 TetriTek

TetriTek

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:49 PM

Migokalle all the way, like how the screen is. and I happen to LOVE those bushes! icon_razz.gif

#29 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:43 PM

Evile - 8/10
A well put together screen in a way that nature intended it to be. My only complaint is that it doesn't look quite as beautiful as Migokalle's screen.

link1996 and LostInHyrule - both 5/10
I decided to comment on both of these together mainly because I see the exact same flaw in both screens. The first thing that comes to mind when looking at these is "vertical lines". While the choice of tiles are certainly good ones, outside of that I am not seeing much creative thinking. When I play a quest and I walk through screen after screen of these, my thought is that the designer was simply going through the motions (as if trying to get them over and done with). The best screens feel like something the designer is passionate about and thus not in a hurry to put together.

Migokalle - 9/10
Now this is what I call pure beauty. I won't take off for a lack of a subscreen, mainly because all the others in this week's competition were standard issue for the most part. This is a natural looking forest, and you can tell that Migokalle put his heart into every facet of this. I can tell he was passionate about the creation of this screen and very likely any of the screens that would surround it. Everything blends in very nicely and nothing feels out of place, except possibly link, considering his greater brightness.

Trimaster001 - 7/10
An interior screen that is no doubt full of good gameplay. Some of the transitions on the floors look awkward, but I do like the variety of details along the walls, as much as I am used to seeing them (but that's okay icon_smile.gif ).

Migokalle of course gets my vote this time.

#30 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Feb 17 2008, 07:34 PM) View Post

Link1996 told me he planned to make "Grill" tiles and "Hamburger" tiles next week, and change the axe to a spatula.

If he could pull it off, I would love to see that. icon_biggrin.gif

That I have got to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users