Looking for "Link's Return to Snortsia Master Quest demo"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 15 June 2021 - 02:50 AM

Heya, does anyone know where the demo of this quest can be found? It's a remaster of https://www.purezc.n...e=quests&id=135 and was in development when ZScript was still extremely new and error prone. The author disappeared after releasing the demo.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 15 June 2021 - 02:50 AM.

#2 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 16 June 2021 - 04:35 PM

The author disappeared after releasing the demo.

The demo disappeared as well due to logistics and storage issues regarding the services I used to distribute the demo. Unfortunately I do not have it.

I may or may not revisit the idea of remastering these older quests, but at this time I have no interest in the prospect of such a project.

e: That said, this is a good question. I know there's likely someone that may have a copy of the demo still floating around out there. If possible, I too would like to get my hands on it. About 3 years back I lost practically everything I had ZC related due to a hard drive failure, so I have been slowly, ever so slowly rebuilding an other project that I managed to scavenge a super early build of somehow. ...

Edited by Sephiroth, 16 June 2021 - 04:47 PM.

• Jared likes this

#3 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 16 June 2021 - 07:23 PM

I could try searching for it on my computer. I have a ton of old ZC quests, and demos and stuff. Do you remember what the file name might have been, or at least part of it?

#4 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 17 June 2021 - 05:23 PM

@Anthus ... Probably not, demo maybe, but that's a vague term. ... maybe mqdemo ... not sure but as far as knowing what the file name would've been, .. no. ... It would be a pain in the butt to find. Much appreciated tho.

Edited by Sephiroth, 17 June 2021 - 05:24 PM.

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 June 2021 - 10:04 PM

@Anthus ... Probably not, demo maybe, but that's a vague term. ... maybe mqdemo ... not sure but as far as knowing what the file name would've been, .. no. ... It would be a pain in the butt to find. Much appreciated tho.

Yeah looks like I don't have it. searched both, and nothing looked like it would be it. :/

• Sephiroth likes this

#6 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 March 2024 - 12:09 AM

The demo disappeared as well due to logistics and storage issues regarding the services I used to distribute the demo. Unfortunately I do not have it.

I may or may not revisit the idea of remastering these older quests, but at this time I have no interest in the prospect of such a project.

e: That said, this is a good question. I know there's likely someone that may have a copy of the demo still floating around out there. If possible, I too would like to get my hands on it. About 3 years back I lost practically everything I had ZC related due to a hard drive failure, so I have been slowly, ever so slowly rebuilding an other project that I managed to scavenge a super early build of somehow. ...

I was really digging the disco vibe that you had going in the Master Quest version.

#7 Rawrl!

Rawrl!

• Members

Posted 23 March 2024 - 10:21 PM

Huh, I wish I'd seen this sooner.

I'm not sure if it's what you or Sephiroth are looking for, since I'm pretty sure it's a 2.10 quest, no ZScript, but I have Demo 3 of the Master Quest from way back when (file date is mid-2005).

I threw it up on Google Drive, but I have no idea how long they retain stuff, and I don't exactly check it often. Get it while you can:

https://drive.google...?usp=drive_link

Figured it was worth de-lurking to make sure this wasn't lost.

• Taco Chopper likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users