Forbidden Ascent Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

Emily's red bow can be obtained by using the Downward Dagger to bounce off the Orne in that room and up to the ledge. If you don't have the dagger, try going to the far left of the desert caverns, through a secret passage.

Regarding the final boss, there's an easy way through and a harder way. For the harder path, you've already discovered that Lucas's Chakram one-shots the blue barrier. For the red, Emily's charged red bow will destroy it in two shots, or four uncharged shots. When he teleports around, he's easiest to hit with her. For the yellow barrier with Caelan, it's a bit tougher, but it's easiest to hit him by jumping over him when he dives at you and using your wind blades to hit the barrier from above. When he lands, shred him by jumping with Lucas's red sword and attacking.

Alternatively, when he lands and pulls out his large sword, you could try grabbing it from him. With Caelan, if you have the dash wing, shooting yourself upwards with wind blades makes getting it trivial. With Emily, you'll have to wall jump to reach it. That should make things significantly easier. :P

Regarding the item above the first save point, a character you meet in the post-game will tell you how you can access that.
  • Deedee and Epsalon ZX like this

#17 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

I think I found that dagger before on the first version (which I never finished because of the third tower)

Never would have guessed I could grab that sword.

I didn't find Lucas' Red Sword either. Another hidden passageway?

Ok....time to treasure hunt. 

#18 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:49 AM

Oh my. You made it to the end of the game without either Emily's or Lucas's level two weapons? No wonder the final boss is giving you trouble. To find that sword, you should take the dagger to the top of the pyramid. There's a path inside you'll notice you can't normally reach leading to the very top. If you dagger off the lines of thwomps, however, you should be able to get up there.
  • Epsalon ZX likes this

#19 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:03 AM

I remember that path..and Yes...now I remember I did get these on my first play through, and the dagger. I beat the boss, and got his weapons too. Only thing I'm missing...is the fifth item slot. Is that post game?

#20 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:44 AM

That space in the subscreen is just separating the character specific items from the ones everyone can use.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#21 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:40 AM

I see. Time to explore now then. Thanks for the help.

#22 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

BTW...that exploit against the first boss mentioned in the first post is still there. 

#23 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

... of course it is. :doh:

I can bug fix I promise.

#24 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

Oh my. You made it to the end of the game without either Emily's or Lucas's level two weapons? No wonder the final boss is giving you trouble.

Me right now.

I'll go get the red bow. It's my own fault though, I could have found that on my own with some more exploration xD

Should we use this thread instead of the other? Anyway, I can't reach this thing (this is why I don't like the grapple hook. It seems like it should work): 

zaxRNXF.png

Btw, 17? Did I really miss so many secret places? Found none of these.

Also awesome music and great story!

Edit: And beat! What a great quest. Now I've played forbidden ascent but not freedom in chains. Hehe. Anyway, done 4 challenges too and they're pretty cool. Hopefully I'll be able to find any other challenges at all. I could probably get the one in that screenshot with caelums firejump.

Edited by Avataro, 06 May 2017 - 12:24 PM.

#25 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

Me right now.

I'll go get the red bow. It's my own fault though, I could have found that on my own with some more exploration xD

Should we use this thread instead of the other? Anyway, I can't reach this thing (this is why I don't like the grapple hook. It seems like it should work): 

zaxRNXF.png

Btw, 17? Did I really miss so many secret places? Found none of these.

Also awesome music and great story!

Edit: And beat! What a great quest. Now I've played forbidden ascent but not freedom in chains. Hehe. Anyway, done 4 challenges too and they're pretty cool. Hopefully I'll be able to find any other challenges at all. I could probably get the one in that screenshot with caelums firejump.

Spoiler

Edited by Dimentio, 06 May 2017 - 04:07 PM.

#26 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

It seems like you should've been able to get that with just the grapple hook, but it doesn't work. I got it with Caelum and dashwing though. I've also found half of the other data thingies.

It's odd how this optinal challenge area and the engine are the only areas I can use the spacebar map in.

Any idea whats this?

Spoiler

I found all challenges except 19 and 20. I'd like some hints. :)

Edited by Avataro, 06 May 2017 - 03:22 PM.

#27 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

That room there is an easter egg and in-joke with no other real purpose.

Have you completed all the other challenges? I think the last two are unlocked that way.

#28 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

That room there is an easter egg and in-joke with no other real purpose.

Have you completed all the other challenges? I think the last two are unlocked that way.

Thanks, I thought I'd find them all first before doing them. I'm at it now.

#29 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

Any tips on the bonus boss' third form? Can't seem to hit it fast enough or do much damage either...

Spoiler

BTW, I hate you guys for the 19th challenge, almost had a heart attack doing that one. :P

#30 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

BTW, I hate you guys for the 19th challenge, almost had a heart attack doing that one. :P

Hehehehe. We had fun with that one.

Anyways, regarding the boss...
Spoiler

• Demonlink likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users