The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Nature

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#31 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:19 PM

thanks alot plissken sure ..ill PM you with my idea with the new title screen . i have a question. how do i import a new script without erasing the current buffer?

#32 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:22 PM

You put all the scripts into one .z file. Just paste the second script after the last } of the first script. "Import std.zh" only has to be in there once at the very top though.

#33 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:32 PM

oh i know that im saying so how do i like copy and paste from notepad onto zquest? or i have to re-do the entire FFC's scripts onto notepad again and adding the cane of somaria all the way on the bottom of the last ''}''?

#34 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:34 PM

Always keep all of your scripts in your external .z notepad file. That way you just import the entire thing again whenever you add something new.

#35 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:08 PM

icon_smile.gif ok got it. luckily i had a save file from all my scripts. Now i added the ledge script and the cane of somaria ..but im very unsure about the cane of somaria it seems buggy and confusing to me icon_sorry.gif

Edited by drzchulo973, 22 September 2008 - 06:09 PM.

#36 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(drzchulo973 @ Sep 22 2008, 01:26 PM) View Post

Farore doesnt count as an oracle i think..shes based on secrets which is nothing so i ''x'' her out icon_biggrin.gif

You know, she was going to have her own game (called Oracle of Secrets) but they canceled it because it would be too hard to link it with the other ones. You should at least give poor Farore a mention. icon_smile.gif

#37 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

ehh, i dont know she was always kind of annoying to me icon_biggrin.gif is there anything else anybody want added to the game?

#38 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE(drzchulo973 @ Sep 22 2008, 08:08 PM) View Post

ehh, i dont know she was always kind of annoying to me icon_biggrin.gif

Not only was that, she had the most useless power in Ocarina of Time.

I think that you should have a lot of exploration area right after the first level or so, because exploration was really lacking in the other oracle games.

#39 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:56 AM

exactly so i ''x'' her icon_cool.gif and with the exploration i actually cancelled the graveyard and for the first level im goin to make an exploration lake in there. any ideas of names i should call it? how does hersilia's lake sounds?

Edited by drzchulo973, 23 September 2008 - 07:56 AM.

#40 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

Drzchulo973, your Demo was interesting, but has a lot of work to be done before it is ready for release as a full quest. You need to fix a fair few mistakes up grammatically, but that isn't such a big thing. I liked your intro cutscenes, they were very true to the Oracles intro's.

And on another note, I can see you get a lot of inspiration from Joe123's work on The Fort Knights:

Joe123:
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

drzchulo973:
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

#41 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

Man I knew I had seen those screens before. Yeah...not cool man, not cool. That was bugging me for quite awhile, thought my mind was going crazy or something.

#42 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

i followed every detail to his screen designs so you can say i learned from the best . yeah you can say i have inspiration from his screen desings

#43 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:24 PM

I wouldn't call it inspiration, I'd call it changing a few combos and calling it your own. Basically plagiarism icon_shrug.gif

#44 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

no not really i just took ''his'' style in making screens and basically and learned how he did make them which was only ''two screens'' to fit the village's style but other than that..the rest is all my work

#45 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:28 PM

Plagiarism is the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.

Yeah, I'm still staying by the thought it's plagiarism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users