Photo

Screenshot of the Week 749

Mitchfork HeroOfFire Sephiroth Shane

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 749 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 February 2021 - 01:21 PM

Thanks to our contestants this week. I'm sure they'd appreciate some feedback, so consider leaving some along with your vote.

HeroOfFire
HeroOfFire.png
Because every jungle needs ancient ruins somewhere...

Mitchfork
Mitchfork.png
carved out of stone, earth, blood and bone

Sephiroth
Sephiroth.png
Ahh, the fresh breeze of a new adventure!

Shane
Shane.png
Oh Hell Nah they put Right of Storm in Door. :shiver:
  • Sephiroth, Twilight Knight, Hari and 1 other like this

#2 Ghost

Ghost

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:25 PM

HereOfFire easily. Some fun custom(?) monsters, interesting subscreen, fun use of trees.

#3 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 16 February 2021 - 10:37 PM

Voted for Sephiroth because I tried making a shot like that a few months ago but got stopped at the mixed water transitions between cliff walls and beach and so I'm happy to see someone has figured out something that looks good :P

• Sephiroth likes this

#4 Chris

Chris

The Sun Is in Your Hand!

• Members

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:57 AM

Hero of Fire: I neither enjoy the tileset nor its colors, but overall the screen composition and the plant theme are great, I likely would have voted here if not for my bias.

Mitchwork: A piece of art, no idea how else I should describe it. Reminds me of Demonlink's (was that his username?) gb screens, great to see something similar again. Voted here.

Sephiroth: I'm in the same boat with Colin here, this might also be the first time I think that Link sprite actually fits in. Still not a big fan of the tileset, but that's one of the finest screens made with it I have seen so far.

Shane: I like that character sprite a lot. The screen itself looks somewhat like one of ywlks screens to me, so I kinda miss the oracle girls. ;)
  • Sephiroth, Twilight Knight and Shane like this

#5 Hari

Hari

Snivy Gang

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:05 AM

ah hell naw hairytiro voted for shan's screen

(I love the tile choices and palette in Shane's entry. I think it's a nice translation of that RotS screen into DoR)

• Shane and Matthew like this

#6 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 February 2021 - 05:30 AM

Tough choice, but my vote is for Shane. The screen is fairly simple, but it's clear, and that's what's important. The pillars look askew next to the doors though.

HeroOfFire: I like the diversity of the mountains. I find the colors a bit... saturated or overly strong or something though.

Mitchfork: Colors are there, details are there, but it's on the busy side for me.

Sephiroth: A really pleasant scene with good, subtle details. Seeing as most of the action will be on land, though, I think it's a tad too water-heavy.

#7 Ephemeral.7

Ephemeral.7

• Members

Posted 20 February 2021 - 06:41 PM

HeroOfFire - Big fan of the cartoonish graphics. Those trees are really cool! Almost reminds me of low-poly game graphics! Good work!

Mitchfork - I voted this screen because I love GB style graphics. The screen itself is well put together. I like the heavy and light detail combinations in the tiles used. Mixes it up, and gives a realistic / retro feel combination. Nicely done!

Sephiroth - Huge fan of the DOR Tileset. I enjoy the color of your beach very much. Open yet detailed. Feels vast in exploration. Standard! 

Shane - Looks cold! I really like the black BKG behind the dungeon walls, Crisp! The floating Ice looks really nice along with that waterfall. Blue fire to match the cold vibe is lit! I'm digging it! Very Nice!

:) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mitchfork, HeroOfFire, Sephiroth, Shane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users