About the event
Screenshot of the Week is a weekly contest where members face off in a Zelda Classic screen-design competition. The contestant who receives the most votes by week's end is the winner!
Entering your shot
1. In Zelda Classic or ZQuest, take a screenshot of a single non-spliced screen that you've had a hand in creating.
2. Crop out everything that would appear outside of the Zelda Classic window border. (For example, remove the user interface from a picture taken inside ZQuest.)
3. Upload your picture to the file-hosting website of your choice and copy the direct link to the image.
4. Create a new topic in the Screenshot of the Week Dropbox. The title should contain the number of the contest you're entering (for example, "Screenshot of the Week 1234"). In the body of the post, paste the direct link to the image. You may provide an optional caption if you choose. Please consult the example if you're confused.
5. Once you post this topic, it will vanish from sight. Do not be alarmed; the Screenshot of the Week Staff will be able to see the topic and process it for the next contest. Please send a personal message (PM) to a contest leader if you have any doubts.
6. Animated GIFs are allowed so long as the animations are simple (flowers waving, rain falling, etc.), and the filesize is kept as low as possible; it should not be several hundred kilobytes in size. If you submit a GIF and the SotW staff find it to be larger than it needs to be, we will contact you and ask you to resize it on your own; the SotW staff will not reduce its filesize for you.
Contest schedule and voting
1. The contest poll will be posted Saturday or Sunday, provided at least three shots have been submitted. (In the rare case there are not enough entries, the contest will be delayed until the following Saturday or Sunday.)
2. There are many different qualities that comprise a screenshot, including, but not limited to, its tileset, layout, details, and palette. It is up to the voter to select the best entry based on whatever metric he or she chooses.
3. If you enter the contest, you may vote for yourself if you choose. Of course, you may also vote for a competitor or decline to vote altogether.
1. When commenting on screenshots, please leave constructive feedback. The screenmaker will find it most helpful if you list both the positive and negative aspects of their screen in a clear, polite manner. Note: On rare occasion, someone may caption their screenshot with "No comments, please." If this occurs, respect their wishes and do not comment. Failure to comply will result in your post being edited and a verbal warning, and repeated offenses will result in further warnings.
2. You may only have one screenshot in each competition. However, you are free to submit to future contests ahead of time as well, if you so choose.
3. In general, avoid saving screenshots in JPG format, as this format irreversibly reduces the quality of the image. You may use this format if you wish, but know that it may draw negative feedback from voters.
4. On the first Sunday of every month, a Screenshot of the Month will be hosted, consisting of the winners of the previous month's Screenshot of the Week contests. The winners of Screenshot of the Month will compete in an annual Screenshot of the Year extravaganza, eventually leading to one screenshot crowned the year's best!
5. HAVE FUN! Whether you participate as an contestant, commenter, voter or all three, please do what you can to keep the contest enjoyable for everybody who's a part of it.
Current Screenshot of the Week staff
Screenshot of the Week Info and Rules
Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:35 PM
About the event
- Neppy likes this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users