Photo

Screenshot of the Week 225

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

Poll: SotW 225 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for your favorite screen!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

Holy crap! I'm not in last place! icon_xd.gif

Null'd of course. Great job, guys!

#17 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 26 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

Alright, time for my review.
gray0x: 7/10
It's pretty good. The detail level is great, but the screen design is very standard and open.
jimmyb: 7/10
The details are done nicely, but some of the objects (the gray stakes and rocks) don't fit in as well as the other objects. I also feel that the screen design and grass details are simply average.
Majora: 6/10
I'm not rating this lower because they're ripped graphics. I'm rating it lower because your screen is just graphics. There is no action and hardly any design quality.
TheMasterSwordsman: 7/10
I've used the mountains like that before, and I don't think it looks very good to have so many one tile height mountains stacked like that. The screen looks very top heavy in its current arrangement, and I think that you could've probably gotten away with a lot more dramatic and risky mountain use.

All in all, I felt this week wasn't very solid. I decided to cast my vote to Gray0x for being the most well-rounded of the four.

EDIT: Wow, I really voted against the majority this week. I usually at least vote for the close second shot, but this week my tastes were really out there, I guess.

#18 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 12:23 PM

Gray0x- Same old screen we keep seeing from you. icon_shrug.gif It's a very good screen, but it's getting somewhat monotonous.

JimmyB- Cool looking screen. I like the design and the way you used the mountains- very good work! Vote cast here.

Majora- Almost voted here, the graphics look very cool. However, the design of the screen didn't grab me much. To the people who say that the graphics are "Just Ripped"- it takes work to rip graphics, more than it does to just build with regular sets, that's for sure.

TheMasterSwordsman- If you're going to use mountains like that you really need to give them a depth of at least two. The depth of just one looks a bit unprofessional and left-off, and it doesn't make much sense to the eyes. The design of the screen itself isn't bad, but I disagree with using the mountains like that.

To reiterate, I voted for JimmyB.

#19 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Aug 26 2008, 12:23 PM) View Post

Gray0x- Same old screen we keep seeing from you. icon_shrug.gif It's a very good screen, but it's getting somewhat monotonous.

I'm sorry if seeing a screen twice is so monotonous to you. It's a bad shot, yes, but still. <.<

#20 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:24 AM

Gray0x, reason? Good use of Gameboy graphics. Not going to vote for something recreated from ripped graphics that were screaming to be made into that very screen.

#21 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:28 PM

I voted for gray0x/Lithium. Always enjoy GB shots, especially this one. The others are great!

#22 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

I voted for Majora. It's nice to see something new. I like the feel. The moon is messed up, though.

gray0x: I think it's a decent Gameboy shot. Nothing spectacular, but nothing wrong with it.
jimmyb: Decent, but blocky screen design. Average DoR shot.
TheMasterSwordsman: I don't like the narrow mountains. They make the screen all... weird. There also seems to be too much contrast between the mountains at the top of the screen and the rest. Throws off the composition.

Edited by Siguy, 27 August 2008 - 12:57 PM.

#23 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

gray0x - 6 votes = [16.67%]
jimmyb - 11 votes = [30.56%]
Majora - 13 votes = [36.11%]
TheMasterSwordsman - 6 votes = [16.67%]
Total Votes: 36

Majora
IPB Image
Gazing at the moonlit starry sky on the way to the top of the Twilight Tower... I am SO getting sued.

Congrats to you Majora! icon_wink.gif Nice shot! icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users