Pokemon Go

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:55 PM

I don't like how news articles which have nothing to do with this app keep throwing it in their headline for attention, "Such and such happened!!! and-they-were-playing-Pokemon-Go-that-same-day, stuff like that happens to other people doing other things, but pokemon go is a new app so read my article." lame

#32 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:16 PM

It's the newscast/blogger equivalent of doing fanart to ride on a bandwagon, lol.

Edited by Koh, 15 July 2016 - 04:16 PM.

• Cukeman and Naru like this

#33 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:19 AM

I went to an event in the city last night (read about it here), about 600 people I think all going around playing Pokemon. Cool to be a part of. Also funny when you're near a gym you often see cars pull up for a few minutes before driving off. The whole world is playing this game. :P

#34 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:13 AM

Well, I might not be able to play it, but I can still make cover's of it.  Who wants to know what the battle theme of this game would sound like if it were one of the old school battle themes?  

• David likes this

#35 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:39 AM

Sounds pretty decent.

There's all sorts of shit happening surrounding GO right now, lol.  What the hell is wrong with these people, it's really not that hard to glance up and look around yourself while playing the game.  And trespassing on private property (or closed public property like that zoo) just for the sake of a game?  Really, is it that serious?  Also, I love how just last year, despite the original version of this game, Ingress, having already been a thing for 2 years, and other AR games emerging, the public was like "You gamers need to get outside!"  And now that they are outside, and stupid people are getting themselves into serious trouble, they're like "You gamers need to go back inside!"  Like, pick a side, jesus, lol.

Edited by Koh, 16 July 2016 - 10:40 AM.

• thepsynergist likes this

#36 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

You can't win, honestly.  There are some people I know that should never have gotten a cell phone, and this game only makes it 100x worse.  I should be glad I don't live in a major city, but hell, we've already had 3 car accidents due to this game alone and my city I commute to has only 150,000 people...

#37 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

Sadly there's not much you can do to stop idiots that think it's a good idea to use their phones while driving. If not this they'd be texting, looking at Facebook, Instagramming or something else.

• The Satellite likes this

#38 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:41 PM

Sadly there's not much you can do to stop idiots that think it's a good idea to use their phones while driving. If not this they'd be texting, looking at Facebook, Instagramming or something else.

We have systems that can tell when your drowzy/tired while driving, just have a system that detects when you're looking where you shouldn't be and have the car taser you if you do. While you're being tasered the cars auto-pilot/automatic driving system can guide the car safely to the curb/side of the road.

• Anthus likes this

#39 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

We have systems that can tell when your drowzy/tired while driving, just have a system that detects when you're looking where you shouldn't be and have the car taser you if you do. While you're being tasered the cars auto-pilot/automatic driving system can guide the car safely to the curb/side of the road.

Couldn't that be terribly dangerous if the vehicle somehow got hacked? I mean, I suppose if the vehicle got hacked, you might be fucked anyway (depends on how much could be controlled externally), but it seems like an extra hazard.

#40 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:20 AM

Couldn't that be terribly dangerous if the vehicle somehow got hacked? I mean, I suppose if the vehicle got hacked, you might be fucked anyway (depends on how much could be controlled externally), but it seems like an extra hazard.

Of course, but their already developing and demonstrating self driving cars...

#41 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

Self driving cars might be safer for Pokemon Go, but it's gonna create some bad habits of its own. My city is a test market for self driving cars (implemented over the next two years) so we'll see if the heard thins.

#42 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:51 AM

So I'm able to play this on my Moto E after all. I had to download it from a second hand site, but it runs, sans the AR features. Living in the middle of a large city helps. There are probably 20 poke stops and three gyms near me. I'm about to hit level five, and already have 10 different Pokemon. It's pretty fun, in spite of being very simple. My friend and I met up at the park, and played it. We were both wishing it had PvP though lol.

#43 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 20 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

So I'm able to play this on my Moto E after all. I had to download it from a second hand site, but it runs, sans the AR features. Living in the middle of a large city helps. There are probably 20 poke stops and three gyms near me. I'm about to hit level five, and already have 10 different Pokemon. It's pretty fun, in spite of being very simple. My friend and I met up at the park, and played it. We were both wishing it had PvP though lol.

Where exactly did you get it from? A malware version has been running around

#44 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:46 PM

Where exactly did you get it from? A malware version has been running around

I got mine from a site called apkmirror. I made pretty sure it won't get all up in my shit, it scanned twice with Lookout and checked out, and other than the game's "normal" crashes, it seems legit.

EDIT: This game just launched in Japan today. Now, I can't log in. Come on, you guys made like 30 quintillion dollars in a minute, can't you build some more servers? srsly.

#45 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

So I've become quite addicted it seems :P. Got to level 15, and have 52 unique Pokemon. Downtown where I live is stacked with gyms and stops too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users