Photo

Screenshot of the Week 94

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (82 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:25 PM

I voted for gashin, a very nicely arranged shot, with a cool door thingy.

#17 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:25 PM

Gashin and I are kickin a** icon_blink.gif
um, I may be wrong here, and correct me if I am, but I don't think those tiles are his

and if they aren't your's, Jonathan, where did you get them?
i like variety so i play lots of games and as such i dont really know what all is ripped from where but here are some games i KNOW i ripped from
Estopolis Densetsu,Castlevania AoS,Lufia 2,Minish Cap(thanks Gashin),LoZ Lttp,and Mario Golf Advance Tour icon_razz.gif

well now to SoTW...lotsa shots
Comix-Really empty
Freedom-the house roof is a wee bit bright
Gashin-thanks for submitting,great as ever icon_thumbsup.gif
Me-i think im getting better icon_smile.gif
khazmodius-nice golem
Linkus Mastii-nice but a bit bright
PolygonX8-nice snowy area
Shoelace-nuthing catchs my eye
Tobias Daboi-what the heck is that thing?

icon_drool.gif great shots this time

Edited by Jonathan, 10 July 2005 - 08:26 PM.

#18 lasersquirrel

lasersquirrel

Sparkly Glimpse of Hope

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 08:46 PM

Well, I figured that that shot wouldn't do incredibly well, because I have nothing else to put in that dungeon right now... but, several of those shots OWNED mine. icon_eek.gif
Jonathan's looks at least as good as something from a Super Nintendo RPG, and I really like the overall colors I've seen in several of Gashin's shots. The others were pretty good, as well. icon_thumbsup.gif

Hergiswi, when you say "those", are you referring to all of my tiles, in general? If so, then the answer is, mostly yes. I created everything on that screen, except for the fireballs that the Golem (a.k.a. aquamentus) is shooting (though you can't see them very well since they happend to be right behind that suspension cable when I took the shot icon_sweat.gif) . I plan to replace them eventually, with something custom.

Thanks for the compliment on my golem, Jonathan. icon_smile.gif That was the one thing, in this shot, that I wanted to show off the most.

#19 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:45 PM

Voted for Gashni. The overall layout kicks ass icon_smile.gif

#20 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:37 AM

Well for this SotW. I took a side scrolling pic of "The Hero of Dreams". I never knew that you could do a lot of cool puzzles for side scrolling levels. Always, this is just a tip of the ice berg of the things I have in the side scrolling areas. Also, the "Thomp" thing, isn't a trap, it is just a lot of combo cycles and triggers.

Anyways, this was a great week for screenshots! Gashin, Freedom, and Jonathan are going to fight to the end for this one. icon_razz.gif

#21 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:49 AM

It was between PolygonX8 and Gashin for me. I :heart: snow shots, but in the end, Gashin's just won out.

I would have voted for PolygonX8 had I seen his greyish shot... damn.

Other comments:

Linkus Matii had a nice shot.
Freedom's has clashes, particularly in the lack of black borders for lots of things.
Jonathon's gives me a horrible headache.

Nothing else was worth mentioning.

#22 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:49 AM

COMIX I don't like the graphics... though, i'ts funny! 2/5

FREEDOM NICE! but making a quest with a story of robin hood... is a great idea! 4/5

GASHIN Can't wait till the full game comes out, the game is AWSOME to the XTREME!!! 5/5

JONATHON Great shadings... though... a little boring from the picture. It's great having those graphics on. I give it a.... 4/5

KHAZMODIUS I CAN'T WAIT FOR A MEGAMAN ZERO QUEST!!! looks great! I definatly cannot throw this one away. 3/5

LINKUS MASTII GREAT at your work... I like the designs... 3/5

POLYGONX8 CAN'T WAIT TILL A LINK TO DARKNESS DX COMES OUT!! IT'S GANNA BE GREAT!!! the pictures nice... I want the tiles!!! I will give this piece a... three n' a half outta four!3-/4

SHOELACE Whoa! you can make a block fall! AMAZING!! nice details and nice dark backround. 4/5

Mr. Z sry to say... pretty boring picture. but I can't wait what game your ganna make! I bet that guy is ganna be a nice custom boss! 3/5

#23 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:17 AM

Wow this was a hard one. It was between Gashin and Jonathan for me.
Comix: Sorry, just didn't do it for me. :\ Not enough detail at all. 3/10
Freedom: Wow this seems intersting. But shouldn't he have a Bow and Arrow? icon_razz.gif 8/10
Gashin: Damn this looks great. Nice use of the set. icon_drool.gif 10/10
Jonathan: Damn this just looks amazing. icon_drool.gif icon_drool.gif icon_drool.gif 10/10 + vote
khazmodius: This looks pretty good. icon_smile.gif Nice custom tiles. 7/10
Linkus Mastii: This is pretty decent, I still see some blank spots but you can put some stuff there. icon_wink.gif
PolygonX8: BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I am cold just looking at it. icon_smile.gif 9/10
Shoelace: Sweet 2D Screen. icon_smile.gif 8/10
Tobias Daboi: Lol, no good could come of that. icon_razz.gif 7/10
Great job everyone. icon_smile.gif

#24 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:52 AM

Wow...this was a really tough decision. I'm going to have to go with Jonathan's shot. icon_thumbsup.gif

#25 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE(XdragonSB @ Jul 11 2005, 06:49 AM)
Mr. Z sry to say... pretty boring picture. but I can't wait what game your ganna make! I bet that guy is ganna be a nice custom boss! 3/5

That's not mine, it's from Tobias Daboi! o_O

Man, I can't choose between all those screenshots... *null'd*

#26 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:52 AM

lol
icon_razz.gif Mr. Z got a shot rated and he wasnt even in this SoTW icon_lol.gif

#27 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:07 AM

Woah... So many submissions. Looks like SotW just keeps getting more popular. Anyways, I love both Jonathan's and Polygon's screenies. I love winter shots and Poly's shot is a very good one, but I had to vote Jonathan because of those tiles and the screen design... the colors, the... everything! icon_wink.gif

#28 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(Jonathan @ Jul 10 2005, 06:25 PM)
Gashin and I are kickin a** icon_blink.gif
um, I may be wrong here, and correct me if I am, but I don't think those tiles are his

and if they aren't your's, Jonathan, where did you get them?
i like variety so i play lots of games and as such i dont really know what all is ripped from where but here are some games i KNOW i ripped from
Estopolis Densetsu,Castlevania AoS,Lufia 2,Minish Cap(thanks Gashin),LoZ Lttp,and Mario Golf Advance Tour icon_razz.gif

well now to SoTW...lotsa shots
Comix-Really empty
Freedom-the house roof is a wee bit bright
Gashin-thanks for submitting,great as ever icon_thumbsup.gif
Me-i think im getting better icon_smile.gif
khazmodius-nice golem
Linkus Mastii-nice but a bit bright
PolygonX8-nice snowy area
Shoelace-nuthing catchs my eye
Tobias Daboi-what the heck is that thing?

icon_drool.gif great shots this time

too light for the screen it's used on you mean?
It and the palette are direct rips from Minish cap, I changed the walls and chimney a bit but the yellow roof is an exact rip.
I think the door is the worst aspect, never did get it right.

I've ripped quite a bit from MC, I'll share the tiles after I release "The Adventures of Robinhood" some time around Christmas.
Right now I'm working on "Castle Haunt II" for release around Halloween, and taking a little break from Robinhood.

A lot of submissions this week, all are looking pretty nice icon_smile.gif

#29 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 06:56 PM

(Null Vote)
screenie#6:
This is just to tell me if you like the tileset that's being worked on, it'll change as time passes. Or maybe it'll be forgotten.
Next shot I'll be turning in will use the Pure set; You'll be blown away by the trees and the statues! icon_biggrin.gif

#30 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:26 PM

Freedom, Gashin and Jonathan...
Who to pick?
I will go with...

*Drum roll*

JONATHAN!!! Nice shot good colors, shading, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users