Generation Tileset

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#31 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:02 PM

All I have is Build 887, and the site says the next build for windows isn't released yet. I'll check it out when I am able to. icon_frown.gif

#32 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:08 PM

Thats where your wrong! icon_razz.gif There is a new build for Windows out.

Well, Ive thought about when my tileset is finished, and thought, " Upgrade? Update Extreme?" No.....

When I finish, Yes, I will be expanding thi with extras. How? Somethign ZC has never had before....

Expansion Pack!!!

How? I will export the graphics pack, which will and should include a New section after the old section of combos. It will have tiles I regreted leaving out, such as lava and glacial ice. Or even some palettes. So, instead of using a new quest, it will keep adding on.

#33 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

Ah yes, it is there... My browser must not have cleared the cache of that page when I refreshed it earlier. So, now I can download, and enjoy! Thanks man! icon_wink.gif The expansion pack idea sounds like a good one. That way, if people just want standard, they can have standard, but can upgrade if they want too. icon_biggrin.gif Good thinking. icon_wink.gif

#34 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE(Lord Ike @ Dec 2 2008, 09:08 PM) View Post

Thats where your wrong! icon_razz.gif There is a new build for Windows out.

Well, Ive thought about when my tileset is finished, and thought, " Upgrade? Update Extreme?" No.....

When I finish, Yes, I will be expanding thi with extras. How? Somethign ZC has never had before....

Expansion Pack!!!

How? I will export the graphics pack, which will and should include a New section after the old section of combos. It will have tiles I regreted leaving out, such as lava and glacial ice. Or even some palettes. So, instead of using a new quest, it will keep adding on.

...But then there's the problem of having overworld, dungeon, interior etc. tiles in a ton of different places. icon_shrug.gif What you could do is like what Radien did: have an "upgrade" that has all of the new tiles & stuff, changing combos as needed to make everything organized, but also have an "expansion pack" that adds in the new tiles after the old ones, for the guys that are making quests and need the new tiles.

A few other things:
-How many different dungeon sets are you gonna have? Which ones?
-How much empty space are you putting in between sections of tiles? You never know how much room someone'll need for their own stuff.
-There a lot of detail tiles in there? The last thing you want is to make a new tileset and have people only be able to make boring looking screens with it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Edited by Zenith, 02 December 2008 - 11:20 PM.

#35 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:43 AM

Why don't you just take your time and finish the tileset and put valuable time into it? That way, for when its released, hopefully and gracefully if we are lucky, 2.5 is released and you can feature it as the first 2.5 tileset? I would do that if I were you lord ike.

#36 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:09 AM

Zenith- Look in my demo. You will get your awnsers here.

drzchulo973- I do spend lots of time into it. You would be suprised if you saw the amounts of effort put into this.

#37 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:28 AM

Well I hope this really becomes the first 2.5 tileset =p

#38 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:16 AM

Well, long as I continue ( Which I will ) this will be the Second 2.5 Tileset, other than Origin III and Captain Magenta's Tileset.

#39 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE(drzchulo973 @ Dec 3 2008, 01:28 PM) View Post

Well I hope this really becomes the first 2.5 tileset =p

You obviously haven't been around here long... It is, that we are waiting for 2.5 since 3 years or such...

The new stuff looks good L. Ike! A modern and fancy looking tileset.

#40 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

Very close to be done with items ( Projesctiles, currency, and other )
Actually, I am starting to doubt my due date.......heck, I might even be done by the end of Feburary!

Also, Well my file is almost 2MB? or so...This may be under 5MB, therefore I could ask staff to have it up like Origin III. Well will have to wait and see.

Edited by Lord Ike, 04 December 2008 - 07:23 AM.

#41 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 06:08 PM

I like it. It has a good feel to it. Nice soft set, that doesn't kill the eyes like some others do. The palette is good. Nice tiles. Good work Lord Ike. icon_smile.gif

#42 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:51 PM

I love it. It's a lot different than the overused tilesets. icon_smile.gif

Keep it up. icon_smile.gif

#43 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:17 AM

Thank you all for your support.

Bout' done with subscreens, items VERY close to bieng completed.

#44 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:32 AM

I think this tileset will be very nice and very easy to use..angeal is correct, it does have a nice feel to it..keep up the god work lord ike..I support this tileset.

#45 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

Overworld tiles complete.
Postponing house tiles until enimies and the rest of items/misc graphics are complete? Either way....progress has been plentiful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users