Great bridge of Hylia Sprite

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:15 AM

I'm now starting to work on the "Great bridge of Hylia" from Twilight Princess for Migokalle, updates on the sprite will be here and it will be for DoR.
Here is what I have thus far.
-taken down-
The width of the door gate where Link walks through is 46 pixels long in width, that's just to give an estimation on how big this whole thing will turn out being.

-taken down-

Don't go all perfecionist on the sprite yet, its not even beta yet.
I'm just starting the thread so you all can see that I'm working on it and see the updates up until its finished! ^_~

Unfortunatly, this is my only source. ;(
http://jp.youtube.co...h?v=aAGQqDqSuBw

Edited by Zemious, 18 June 2008 - 01:09 PM.

#2 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:50 AM

Looks WAY too awesome so far! Thanks!

#3 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

The perspective is so flat, it almost looks like it could pass off for sidescroller graphics. But then again, since it probably isn't MC style, and is a really big object, you probably can get away with the perspective. If you scooted the columns forth a bit, it probably would look a bit better.

#4 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:26 AM

Yeah, the perspective isn't a big deal. The column bases remind me of the PTUX tree bases, perspective-wise, and that's fine by me.

One thing though: if you're adding slanted shadow graphics for the whole structure, that could be a pain. But it'd be worth it, so go for it if you're up for it. Your graphics are badass, man. icon_biggrin.gif

#5 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

Thanks for the comments guys but keep in mind that this isn't finished yet. There will be a lot of changes to the perspective, colors, etc.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

Well, it looks flat, like everybody says. But, it looks very good right now, and looks like it will be a perfect match with the original.

#7 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:56 PM

Its coming a long surely, but slowly. I can't really get a good angle with a good amout of detail because its YouTube.
Heres an update, I'll be fixing the perspectives shortly.
IPB Image

#8 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

Again, looks great! I can't wait til you start adding colors icon_biggrin.gif

#9 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

Here's an update, compare the two if you want.
IPB ImageIPB Image
Lowered the windows a little, trying to fix the perspective.
I wrote the guy a PM on YouTube to see if he'd send me that video he made. If I can get my hands on it, I can really start steamrolling through this sprite with detail and accuracy.

[EDIT]
I decided to go out and buy the game for the Gamecube and play up until that part where the bridge is. icon_razz.gif
Here is what I have thus far:
IPB Image

Here is the final product until I'm finished with the shading:
IPB Image

Here's some shading and detail.
-taken down-

Edited by Zemious, 18 June 2008 - 01:07 PM.

#10 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:32 AM

Holy crab-apples! That looks amazingly awesome! icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

...and that's all I have to say.... about that. icon_razz.gif

#11 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:40 AM

HOLY CRAP! ****... Zemious, you went ahead of yourself this time... This will be so amazing!

#12 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:52 AM

Bull's eye, man!!
When I looked on the older example, I thought this would be one of the best overworld object submissions, ever and all that comes with it, thank you all... But when I look at your newest example, I'm sure that there wasn't any such good work in ZC, ever! This far beats my past favourites... Shape, pattern, variety, detail, size proportions... All 100% perfect! As it starts with the base pattern, then gets more compilcated patterns right above it, then how the low base and the column base associate in each other with an image quality texture, then immediately changing to brick texture... And I just mentioned the sides! If it's not a problem, from now I consider you as best graphics maker.

Will it be public, or just for Migokalle and you show it only to improve by feedback? Just because if it ever gets public, I guess the Screenshot Thread, the QPFs and SotW gets spammed by screens that have this wonder...

#13 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:00 AM

I've asked him to keep it exclusive... since it's a very important part of my quest... mind you, a VERY important one... a key area, actually.
And it would kinda destroy the feeling of being a real game, when one of the most important areas of my quest is turning up in like... 456753 other quests too.
But I doubt he'll refrain from submitting this though...
All in all, it IS his sprite icon_biggrin.gif
But I do hope he can view this from my side too.... Heh... but then again, I'm still happy that he's even making this thing for me!

#14 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

Wow, awesome dude! icon_thumbsup.gif
How many screens will this thing be. icon_eek.gif

#15 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:13 AM

Is this going to be rippabel into pure? Man I really want to use this. icon_drool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users