The Legend of Zelda Cartoon Series

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 10 July 2021 - 01:49 AM

I have a disdain for this Type A/Type B thing because it doesn't leave room for niche or quests difficult in other ways. You can make a quest reasonably difficult without requiring the player to remember things on a frame by frame basis.

• Valerie and Mani Kanina like this

#32 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2021 - 06:06 AM

I have a disdain for this Type A/Type B thing because it doesn't leave room for niche or quests difficult in other ways. You can make a quest reasonably difficult without requiring the player to remember things on a frame by frame basis.

The pretexts of the real subject matter have been played out and discussed to the death over the last 2 or so years of basically the same thread being made over and over again and going nowhere each time. Everyone posting in it now is pretty much just taking the piss and if you were hoping to find good-faith discussion on quantifying people's preferences for games on difficulty and presentation/storybook axis, it probably isn't gonna happen in here. D:

• Mani Kanina likes this

#33 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 10 July 2021 - 07:12 AM

The pretexts of the real subject matter have been played out and discussed to the death over the last 2 or so years of basically the same thread being made over and over again and going nowhere each time. Everyone posting in it now is pretty much just taking the piss and if you were hoping to find good-faith discussion on quantifying people's preferences for games on difficulty and presentation/storybook axis, it probably isn't gonna happen in here. D:

Huh? Watching Darth Vader wants money much more than Death Star is so funny.

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 10 July 2021 - 09:08 AM.

• Rambly and Evan20000 like this

#34 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 10 July 2021 - 09:50 AM

My theory about type A and type B is just talk and not worth anything.  Same with my three rules.  Its just talk and talk is just that - talk.  All talk is worth zero.  That includes ratings, criticisms, praises, suggestions and opinions of quests.  Talk doesn't put food on the table, fuel in your car or pay the rent.  So it is worthless.

It seems to me like you have no problem paying for Steam games, but when it comes to paying for ZC games indie quest makers you suddenly have a problem.  A curious double standard.  One group can get paid but the other can't.  May I ask why?

dude if you need money that bad just start a patreon or something, geez

• Shane likes this

#35 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 July 2021 - 10:49 AM

I want to debunk the notion that talk is worthless. While this applies more to actual games, talk is everything. Talk is exposure, and exposure means more people will play your creation, thus helping pay your bills... provided if you weren't making a fan game or freeware. The ZC scene is fortunate enough to be tight-knit but the indie game scene is ruthless. You can't just throw out a complete game and expect it to get the attention based on quality, effort and investment. No, the luck of word of mouth is key to what makes games explode. People praising it and recommending it encourages people to invest their time (and money) into playing it! This is semi true in the ZC scene as people ask for quest suggestions and maybe search via ratings or greatest hits. I believe this talk of things being worthless and this whole Type A/Type B thing is a defense mechanism for you James after the reception Liberation of Hyrule got almost 10 years ago. But no one is asking for a lite mode, no one is asking for you to change your perfectly fine vision here and if they are, ignore them. Make all the Type B quests you want, you have my blessing!

I'm really hoping this is a grand act and if it is I tip my hat to you because it's quite funny! Good thread.  :lol: Oh, and since this was originally about the Zelda cartoon, I actually watched this as a kid! I remembered being mystified by the choices the cartoon made, like Link being able to talk with really sassy lines no less and also seeing how they handled the "lore" compared to modern Zeldas. Its not awful, but this makes me crave a proper Zelda anime... but maybe it will end up being a Type A Zelda anime though, sorry James. :P

P.S. What type does DayDay fall under? Asking for a friend.

#36 Valerie

Valerie

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 10 July 2021 - 03:15 PM

Its just talk and talk is just that - talk. All talk is worth zero. That includes ratings, criticisms, praises, suggestions and opinions of quests.Talk doesn't put food on the table, fuel in your car or pay the rent. So it is worthless.

What about public speakers? What about the voice actors for the Zelda cartoon did they get no money for that, it makes me sad they all must have been homeless and starving.... :( Oh and all the poor talk show hosts, they must be miserable.... :(

Edited by Valerie, 10 July 2021 - 03:17 PM.

• The Satellite likes this

#37 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2021 - 08:01 PM

Have you taken the time today to thank our hero and knight, Lunk, master of type B quests?
Lunk.png

#38 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2021 - 11:01 PM

Easy enough to overcome the copyright problem.  You can pay heaps of money for the entire game under the table and never tell a soul about it.  That way the game never goes on sale to the public and so Nintendo never finds out and there's no copyright issue.  If that fails then all I need to do is delete the Nintendo characters and no more copyright issues.

You want to know something really interesting?  I know for a FACT - a FACT - that several really good quest makers on ZC have given up making their quests because they can't get paid for their work.  And I am 100% sure of this.  Don't ask me how I know.   Just look at the publicly available information - Zoria recently said he wouldn't make modular scripting unless he was paid a 5 digit fee, TheRock recently made his first game on steam for a small fee - something he couldn't do in ZC.  Evan has not made a quest since Umbral Cloud and cancelled Inverse Mirror.  Perhaps you should ask him the reason for that.  ZC is going to die because it has no mechanism to compensate those who are really good at making quests.

DarkFlameSheep - I know that you'd never pay for lite mode and to be honest I don't think you can afford it, but I asked because it might stop you from asking even indirectly as you did here.

#39 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 10 July 2021 - 11:17 PM

can we all figure out how to get a darth vader impersonator on like, cameo or something and get them to read all of james24's posts

• Shane, Jenny and Joelmacool like this

#40 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 11 July 2021 - 03:52 AM

Recently, Evan developed and added super bosses for Yuurand, he is still active.

I guess James are being manipulated by Palpatine.

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 11 July 2021 - 06:38 PM.

#41 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2021 - 05:56 AM

Venser_Stan_NeatPepe.png

• DarkFlameSheep, Mitchfork, Mani Kanina and 3 others like this

#42 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

• Members

Posted 11 July 2021 - 06:21 AM

I defeated the TE Tartaros with Eli. In near future, I want to defeat other super bosses in Yuurand. 

Edited by DarkFlameSheep, 11 July 2021 - 06:31 AM.

• Evan20000 likes this

#43 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2021 - 01:09 PM

I defeated the TE Tartaros with Eli. In near future, I want to defeat other super bosses in Yuurand. 

Good luck. 7.0 added some exceptionally nasty stuff!

• DarkFlameSheep likes this

#44 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 July 2021 - 02:03 PM

can we all figure out how to get a darth vader impersonator on like, cameo or something and get them to read all of james24's posts

can't be done because none of us have any money because we refuse to monetize our quests
  • Mitchfork, Haylee and Matthew like this

#45 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 11 July 2021 - 04:26 PM

can't be done because none of us have any money because we refuse to monetize our quests

ironic.gif

• Rambly likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users