Photo

Screenshot of the Week 246

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 246 (47 member(s) have cast votes)

8 shots! Awesome!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

I really do apologize everyone. I have been run down by work a bit since I have started a new schedule at work. 6AM-4:30PM, Monday-Friday. I'm getting used to it, so don't worry everyone. Plus soon, I'll be getting something together as far as getting a new SotW Sla... Manager. icon_heh.gif So, thing'll get back to normal here soon. Thanks for being patient everyone. It's truly very appreciated. icon_smile.gif Here are the shots for this week.

LostinHyru1e
IPB Image

blue_knight
IPB Image
Parapa Palace Entrance for Zelda 2 in ZC.

noleafxclover
IPB Image
Removed! Simple mistake.

Blaman
IPB Image
Has it not been quite some time since I presented a shot here?

Migokalle
IPB Image
Once the birds come flying in, hit them with the boomerang I just gave you!

Joe123
IPB Image
A shot from The Hylian Phenoix by Joe123?
What is this madness?!

Molten Onyx
IPB Image
RANDOM FACT: Whenever you can't see the sub-screen in one of my screenies, you know it was taken it ZQ.

Bowser Blanchette
IPB Image
Link wonders if it is too late to fire his therapist.

Once again, thanks everyone. Enjoy voting! icon_biggrin.gif

#2 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

Joe gets my vote. Has the most appealing design of them all, though they're all pretty nice. Joe's just stands out for me, for some reason. Might be the unusual location (Not too many areas on the back side of a hill), or the colors, or both

LiH's would be my second vote. Very nice use of the classic set with some enhancements, and aside from a couple minor indescressions (Tree on the bottom left is too close to the screen, dock cutting off the river), it's very well designed

#3 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

Voted for LostinHyrule, awesome classic shot. icon_smile.gif

blue_knight is also really well done too. Can't wait for the completed Zelda 2 quest. icon_smile.gif

#4 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

So many good shots this week! It was hard to choose. icon_razz.gif But I went with BB...lol

MO, yours is a bit to plain. If you had something to spice it up a bit more, you would have gotten my vote on the spot. There's just to much..green.

All the shots this week are good though. Good haul, guys! icon_wink.gif

Edited by Link R us, 10 February 2009 - 08:35 PM.

#5 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:35 PM

Blaman Gets my vote.

LIH- JPEG!
blue_knight- No. I seen that place before.
noleafxclover- Meh
Migo- Nicely done.
Joe de 123- Not too sure what to say.
Molten Onyx- It looks great, but now that I have seen it numerous times, it lost its spark.
Bowser- Just dosent seem to fit right.

GO BLAMAN!

#6 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

Okay so something I've been noticing lately is that the screenshots that have been shown off lately in the last few weeks / months are getting cooler and cooler looking and even so - harder to choose!!

But I chose Joe's ... that house is just very appealing. I loved the classic shot, and some of the others. Good job everybody! This week should be a week of celebration, for you guys are doing awesome jobs!!!

#7 Espilan

Espilan

Peahat.

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

It was between Joe and MO for me.
So I flipped a coin.

And can we stop having people having heart attacks over JPEGs? It's annoying, seeing any given shot being put down simply because of the freaking format it's in.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:28 PM

LostInHyru1e: One of the best classic shots I've ever seen. The elevation's a bit hard to fidure out, but that's just how classic works. Still awesome. *votes*

blue_knight: It's awesome that you got Zelda II into ZC, but it's just an okay shot. But it's a great concept behind it.

noleafxclover: It's a good shot, but not SotW worthy.

Blaman: No complaints. Nice shot.

Migokalle: Similar to blue_knight, it's a good concept, but due to it being a minigame, it's a little too boxy for SotW.

Joe123: No complaints.

Molten Onyx: So you made Link a combo and put him on a layer? I'm not the only one! icon_razz.gif Nice screen.

Bowser Blanchette: So evil. I like it.

I'm voting for LiH, just because I love classic, and he uses it so well.

#9 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:50 PM

I voted for Molten Onyx. I just love that tileset!

#10 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

I couldn't help but notice that noleafxclover's shot is from DarkFlameWolf's quest, Hidden Duality.

#11 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(Bowser Blanchette @ Feb 10 2009, 09:03 PM) View Post

I couldn't help but notice that noleafxclover's shot is from DarkFlameWolf's quest, Hidden Duality.

That's uh...
Does it say it has to be your own shot? I suppose he can get by with a loophole.

Anyways comments.

Lost
That's pretty damn good actually. No complaints.

blue knight
Nice concept and everything, I've seen your videos and was pretty amazed, but that shot isn't sotw-worthy.

noleafxclover
I'm trusting what BB said, it does look like Hidden Duality. Why would you do that?

Blaman
It's a nice shot, but that water at the top really gets me. Add more of those bubbles or something, it's so bland.

Robin
You fixed it! icon_biggrin.gif
It looks fine, etc.

Joe
It's pretty nice. I don't like it too much for some reason, not bad though.

Molten Onyx
Those are some nice tiles yeah, but the design is decent at best. Try ripping in some different trees to make it less repetitive.

BB
Decent dungeon shot, no complaints. But it's not so grand or unique that it can win sotw, ya'know?

Voted for whoever. Lostinhyrule I guess.

#12 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

LostinHyru1e - 7/10
Pretty good for a classic shot. Nice detail. Link goes whitewater rafting!

blue_knight - 4/10
While I love the effort you are making toward this wonderful remake, the screen in itself is only taking something already produced and fitting it into another program. So for that reason I can't give you too much, as I consider SotW to be about creativity and artistic talent with at least some originality in the mix. Good job on successfully putting it together, though.

noleafxclover - 0/10
Deathevn = Level 6 of the Hidden Duality, by DarkFlameWolf. I even remember that room: right before the boss. I notice nothing different about it, and if there is any change, it is too insignificant for me to catch and make it worthy enough to call creative or original. No offense, but putting this screen in here and claiming it as your own (which is assumed, since there is no proper credit given along with details on what you did) is simply unconscionable. Shame on you. Where rules lack coverage, judgment and knowledge does justice.

Blaman - 6/10
Not bad, but I can't help that I get the feeling that something is missing from it.

Migokalle - 7/10
For what it is, it is pretty good.

Joe123 - 9/10
A nice solid screenshot. Everything fits well together. No doubt for me that this is the best screenshot of this week.

Molten Onyx - 8/10
While I am not a fan of those larger trees, I love everything else about the screenshot. The water and cliff choices are fantastic, and you work well with elevations.

Bowser Blanchette - 6/10
I think that particular floor tile is being overused. I like it, but not to an excess. Outside of that, not too shabby.

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

I voted for Joe123, whether it's his own or whoever's screen, it's the best screenshot of the week nonetheless.

#14 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Twilight_Knight @ Feb 11 2009, 04:41 PM) View Post

I voted for Joe123, whether it's his own or whoever's screen, it's the best screenshot of the week nonetheless.

It's his own... I guess you COULD say that it's a remake of one of mine, but it looks a lot different.

The one I sent in, was edited by Joe... it looks a lot better now :3

#15 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

I voted for Joe123. Looks awesome! icon_thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users