• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#316 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

Thank you very much!

I think you have a some very valid feedback which I've thought about before. My primary mistake was making the travel to L2 so long, introducing many parts of the overworld before them actually being relevant, I thought it was a nice experiment nonetheless, I enjoyed making it. :)

#317 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

My primary mistake was making the travel to L2 so long, introducing many parts of the overworld before them actually being relevant,

I know a lot of people complain about this, but I quite enjoyed it. It made Secluded Bay really live up to its name; the journey there felt like a huge adventure. Some more space between the other dungeons might have been nice, but the journey to level 2 sticks out as one of the high points of the game for me.
  • bigboylink, Twilight Knight, grayswandir and 1 other like this

#318 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

Finally I have completed the quest that I was co-author of.

It was fantastic!

The overworld is monumental and perfectly made, the whole plot and background is exciting and keeps one playing. It was really worth both endings.

I know a lot of people complain about this, but I quite enjoyed it. It made Secluded Bay really live up to its name; the journey there felt like a huge adventure. Some more space between the other dungeons might have been nice, but the journey to level 2 sticks out as one of the high points of the game for me. 

I fully agree. While the road to L2 could have been at least a bit shorter, the road to the others could have done with some more length.

This is actually 100% typical with questmakers. As the questmaking goes on, they want to finish it more and more and have less and less space within dungeons. The first custom quest I finished had just 1-2 screens between the last 3 dungeons and the dungeons, themselves, were short, too. I kept seeing this in most every quests and I committed this with most of my horribly many solo quests, too. Almost all, save for the last.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#319 patgarret

patgarret

An old player

• Members

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:54 AM

A bug?
It happens when I continue after a death.

z04.jpg

I was coming from Water and Steam, after that every time I continue I get this bug.

Edited by patgarret, 22 August 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#320 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

Ah good catch Patgarret! Sorry that you ran into the bug, but I've fixed it. The download can be found here http://twccgaming.com/quests

About the travel to L2 in comparison to the other distance between dungeons, it was something I planned all along. Here a graphic of a very early phase of this quest's development:

Spoiler

This is the old map, before I decided to create a ridiculously detailed version which took many hours to sprite. Over it I've drawn some dots with paint. The colors represent a dungeon and in a text file I had the dungeons coupled to the color:

LVL 1 light blue.
LVL 2 dark blue
LVL 3 purple
LVL 4 grey
LVL 5 light brown
LVL 6 green
LVL 7 yellow
LVL 8 red

Rings: (in well hidden secret caves that are on the overworlds)
blue - before L3 (blue star)
red - before L7 (red star)
gold - before L9 (golden star)

I think I've stuck to this plan all along. Which teaches me that planning ahead has some pro's and con's in a situation like this. The obvious pro is that you know in what direction you're headed at all times and you can really prepare and knead the overworld to meet those needs. The main con I found out, is that plan's should be adjusted according to the results of tests and opinions, but it's hard to amend. But I thought this was interesting to share, though off-topic, kinda. 

Edit: And this also kinda reveals the dungeon locations. I've put at least the image in a spoiler to prevent ruining your fun.

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 22 August 2017 - 12:42 PM.

#321 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

fantastic quest, im lost in lvl 8 and have the 3rd gloves and the arows and 1 key. do i have to kill this enemy, to get to the thing to unlock this?? 

edit: nvmnd i found how to get there lol, glad i have the lense. :) such a great quest, i wish i was as good at designing overworlds as you and the dungeons are really fun.

Edited by Nightmeres, 12 September 2017 - 10:10 AM.

#322 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

Ah such kind words, thank you Nightmeres!

I'm glad you found out what to do. I hope it wouldn't be too obscure without the lens. Of course the quest should be playable without it. :)

Thank you for playing!

ps: be sure to check the long row with blocks in the very north of F1 or F2 (I forgot which floor, but check that place with the lens for something good!)

#323 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

oh yeah i got that thnks, just beet the quest, quite the fun adventure

#324 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

Congrats Nightmeres for beating the quest

#325 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Thank you Nightmeres! Glad you enjoyed it.

#326 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

Also finished the quest. The only thing I am missing is largest bomb bag (100). Any hints on finding it?

#327 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 03 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

Hi Alucard, great to hear you've beaten the quest!

The 50 bombs bag is the biggest in the game.

#328 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hi Alucard, great to hear you've beaten the quest!

The 50 bombs bag is the biggest in the game.

But what about two bottommost screens in Charles Ruins?

#329 jayjay

jayjay

• Members

Posted 13 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

Found help forum - Deleted

Edited by jayjay, 14 February 2018 - 05:02 PM.

#330 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:22 PM

Don't know if anyone still checks this forum but I just started playing this game.   I cannot for the life of me find the final regular key in the Stone and Chill level?   It appears I need it to get what I think is the boomerang.  If anyone can give me a hint that would be great.   I have the boss key and the other level item but I have looked everywhere for another regular key with no luck.   I think I have bombed all the arrow spots.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users