Looking for filespace or image hosting?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Look no further! Feel free to respond to this thread with your own additions. The more information we can gather in this thread, the better.

File uploading:
  • Dropbox -- Account required.  Overall limit of 2GB to start, but there are free ways to increase that limit.  Allows direct linking, so you can use it for image hosting as well!  One cool thing is that you can use their program and your personal space becomes a special folder on your computer.  This means you can just edit the files inside that folder, and they're updated on the web automatically.
  • Google Drive -- If you have a Google account (you do), you can use this.  Uses your Google account's space, so your overall limit is probably over 10GB.  If you use their Docs feature, it also allows collaborative editing.
  • Box -- Another cloud storage site, similar to Dropbox and Google Drive.  Has an initial limit of 10GB.
  • MediaFire -- Has a filesize limit of 200MB, but otherwise allows unlimited uploads. Automatically deletes your files after a certain period of time unless you register for an account. Doesn't support direct linking.
  • 2shared -- Filesize limit of 200MB. Files expire after 50 days without downloads unless you register an account.
Image hosting:
  • imgur -- If you get an account, you can keep track of your image uploads, but an account is not required.  Very popular and easy as cake to use.  Highly recommended.
Screen capturing:
  • Puush -- This site is great! Not only does it have automatic screen capturing, but it also lets you upload small files of several types, can automatically make files based on what's in your clipboard, and allows direct linking! Unfortunately, files aren't kept forever, so while it's great for anything you need to temporarily upload to show to people, it's not so great for permanent storage. (I recommend Dropbox for anything you'd like to be permanent.)
  • Lightshot -- This is a screen sharing program similar to Gyazo and Puush.  It seems pretty solid, and people in this thread have recommended it, but I haven't used it myself.  I dunno what advantages it has, and if anyone wants to fill me in, that'd be cool.
  • Gyazo -- Another screen capturing program. It doesn't let you upload your own images and it doesn't create direct links, but it does seem to keep captures forever... so... that's something... I guess?
Free website hosting/creation:
  • DropPages -- This lets you make a little website with a short URL out of your Dropbox space.  I haven't used this, yet, but it seems like a cool solution for anyone who needs to make a small/simple website.
  • Google Sites -- A free site builder straight from Google. (Who else?) Gives you a limited amount of web space, too -- I think it's 100MB of space total, unless that's changed.

Edited by Rambly, 01 December 2018 - 11:19 PM.

#2 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hate to be a stickler for details but, With 2shared the file size limit is 200MB, not 100MB. and I believe if you have an account with the files will not expire. IIRC though.

And a Imagehosting place I used a couple of times is
http://www.postimage.org/
Its a pretty decent image hosting website, as far as I seen and used.

#3 Jubbz

Jubbz

Balls Deep

• Members

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Mmmm... is there a limit to how much you can have on Dropbox? Like, a total limit of how many gigs of stuff Dropbox can have?

#4 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Well, On dropbox you get 2 gigabytes of free storage. But you can increase it by 250MB by referring people to it.
And I think for every person you refer they get an extra 250MB and you get an extra 250MB.

Works out pretty good I guess?.

#5 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

............how is this supposed to let me upload a quest?

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(coolgamer012345 @ Jan 31 2013, 07:43 PM) View Post

............how is this supposed to let me upload a quest?

MediaFire, 2shared, and Dropbox can all host quests. And maybe imgur. No wait...not imgur.

#7 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

I use www.box.com/ for quest files and midis, then tumblr for images

#8 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

http://app.prntscr.com/

Thanks to Tingle for sending me this link, and I've been using that as my image hoster ever since.

#9 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

For those using dropbox. They have hidden dirrect linking somewhat. To make it happen change the www. part of the link to dl.

#10 tox_von

tox_von

Zelda Addict

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

Fileden has direct download which is good for uploading to the other site.

#11 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

I added a bunch of stuff to the OP (DropPages, Puush, Lightshot, Google Drive) and rearranged some links so that more modern/popular stuff is listed first.  I'm thinking about removing links to MediaFire, 2shared, Photobucket, TinyPic, and ImageShack, because they probably suck now.  What do y'all think?

#12 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

You need a premium account to upload anything on Imageshack now, so you can definitely remove that.

• Rambly likes this

#13 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

I think MediaFire is still worth mentioning. I see a lot of people use it still, including myself.

• Rambly likes this

#14 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

I use mediafire, too. It gets the job done.
  • Rambly likes this

#15 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

Box.com is worth mentioning.  I think you get 10 GB of free space at first.  I've been using it as my cloud backup for years.

• Rambly likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users