Custom flying enemy help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

average everyday normal guy

• Members

Posted 17 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

Alright so ive been toiling away at making a flying enemy that resembles a flying eyeball that shoots magic however ive run into a few issues.

To start off with when i try to load my enemy ingame it only has the keese skin that pops in and out every now and then with sometimes having a single frame of the set ive made.
Then theres the issue of it not actually shooting beams. I know enemys shoot when they hault but with the keese attribute (which im assuming is the problem) its not really haulting rather just flying around aimlessly. Ive tried experimenting with the different enemy types but the others just seem to sit in one spot.

My zquest version is 2.53

I appreciate any input and advice.

Guess i should also mention the width and height is 16 and 2 same as other keese type enemies
And the e anim is 4 frame flying 4 direct + firing

Edited by ChrisHunter64, 17 August 2019 - 03:43 PM.

#2 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 17 August 2019 - 05:02 PM

Well i been experimenting with the settings and by changing the height to 1 and the e animation to 4 frame 8 direction it seems to work as a normal keese however when i change it to firing it seems to want to pull sprites from unfilled tiles so thats why its blank. Dunno which tiles though and still dont know how to make it actually fire beams without changing it to a walking enemy. Perhaps i gotta do that with a script?

So yeah i think i fixed the animation just need to figure out how to add a firing mechanic to it.

Edited by ChrisHunter64, 17 August 2019 - 10:01 PM.

#3 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:02 PM

If someone could just tell me yes or no if its possible to make a shooting enemy. Was hoping i could for further customization of enemys but if not ill give up on that aspect

#4 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:06 AM

You can make shooter enemies, but only certain types of enemies can shoot projectiles in the editor.

The following types of enemies can shoot weapons:

Walking Enemy

Zora

Wizzrobe

Aquamentus*

Manhandala

Gleeok

Patra

Ghoma**

Projectile Shooter

*Aquamentus only really works with Fireball (Rising) - other weapon types don't work properly with it

**Ghoma behaves weirdly with some weapon types

For Walker enemies, they fire when they halt (unless you set the Rapid Fire shot type)

Any enemies outside the listed ones don't fire EWeapons. This includes Keese type enemies

Edited by Orithan, 11 September 2019 - 02:12 AM.

• ChrisHunter64 likes this

#5 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

• Members

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:20 AM

Much abliged my dude i shal take this information and make use of it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users