My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

• Please log in to reply
3580 replies to this topic

#31 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:03 PM

When I saw that picture, I immediately put it on my hard drive. That's a keeper.

Also, just started reading "Princess Luna vs. The Microwave", a fanfic I found on Equestria Daily about Nightmare/Luna adjusting to modern society. It's pretty hilarious.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 16 May 2011 - 07:10 PM.

#32 I_Am_Skum

I_Am_Skum

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ May 16 2011, 06:46 PM) View Post

As for that Michael Bay fake trailer...that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Not sure what you mean by that. That video was taking a lighthearted take on MLP. I just posted it because it was a mildly amusing (the only part that made me really LOL was when the guy grabbed the little girl and asked who's side she was on).

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ May 16 2011, 06:46 PM) View Post

I MEAN, WHEN THERE ARE HIGH SCHOOL GUYS WHO WANT FLUTTERSHY AND RAINBOW DASH FIGURES-! ...okay, that's STILL pretty weird, but you get the point. It's not about being normal anymore. It's about watching what you want to watch and not giving a damn if other people look down on you for it.

Nobody is judging you for watching this show, nor do you need to justify yourself. Go enjoy what you want to enjoy. There is NOTHING weird about it at all. Being passionate about who you are and what you like is a positive quality, as long as it's not something horribly deviant, which your penchant for watching MLP is most certainly not. And I bet there are girls who would totally be into you for that.

And obviously it's not just kids who watch it as somebody did this:
Pinkie Pie Get it Done

#33 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

This is just awful :/ They took My Little Pony and made imitation Robot Chicken garbage with it. Robot Chicken isn't something ANYBODY should imitate (because it's so bad, obviously)... this somehow manages to be worse... damn you PowerGauntlets for bringing this to my attention -_-

#34 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ May 17 2011, 11:30 AM) View Post

This is just awful :/ They took My Little Pony and made imitation Robot Chicken garbage with it. Robot Chicken isn't something ANYBODY should imitate (because it's so bad, obviously)... this somehow manages to be worse... damn you PowerGauntlets for bringing this to my attention -_-

I'd like to point out that those videos AREN'T what this thread is about. And anyway, there are some people who actually find robot chicken funny, just sayin'.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 18 May 2011 - 07:51 AM.

#35 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ May 18 2011, 06:51 AM) View Post
I'd like to point out that those videos AREN'T what this thread is about.
That's a relief.

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ May 18 2011, 06:51 AM) View Post
And anyway, there are some people who actually find robot chicken funny, just sayin'.
That's a lie.

#36 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

NoeL, I was a little confused for a moment. You have NOT seen any of MLP: Friendship is Magic, right?

That's not a problem, because I haven't either. But the Robot Chicken post was confusing.

For the record, I sometimes find Robot Chicken funny, but at least half the time it's either too braindead/ADD (the clips are too short and unconnected), or it simply goes overboard.

Besides, when it comes to MLP parody, Woot did it better:
http://sale.images.w...sekfvDetail.png

#37 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

this is probably the greatest show in the universe

i am cashing in my obligatory annual purezc post to say this

#38 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE(JoshSim @ May 19 2011, 05:45 PM) View Post
i am cashing in my obligatory annual purezc post to say this

I vote to increase your allotment. Please accept this roll of government-issued PZC stamps to pay for future posts.

#39 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ May 20 2011, 04:04 AM) View Post
I vote to increase your allotment. Please accept this roll of government-issued PZC stamps to pay for future posts.
NOW I CAN TALK ABOUT PONIES HERE, FOREVER!

Yaaay!
IPB Image

Alternate response:
Spoiler

#40 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:47 AM

Oh, hell naw.

I've seen this show infect other forums. It starts with a thread. Then the avatars come. Soon, Pony fever consumes all the members til the entire forum reads like a bunch of pretty ponies talking over tea.

Can't tell if it's a good thing.

On the otherhand, JoshSim is posting again, so the answer to that is yes. Welcome back JoshSim.

#41 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

You've seen this show INFECT, but have you seen the show in general?

If the answer is no, then that's really quite a shame.

#42 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 21 May 2011 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE(Timothy McCorgi @ May 21 2011, 02:47 AM) View Post
I've seen this show infect other forums. It starts with a thread. Then the avatars come. Soon, Pony fever consumes all the members til the entire forum reads like a bunch of pretty ponies talking over tea.
and so all the internet will be ponified, and i will rule it all

and you will all look up at me, high upon my throne of rainbows and candy, and say

joshsim

you...

are the prettiest pony

also let's have tea
QUOTE(Timothy McCorgi @ May 21 2011, 02:47 AM) View Post
On the otherhand, JoshSim is posting again, so the answer to that is yes. Welcome back JoshSim.
Why thank you. I don't try to leave for months/years at a time, particularly after making a big deal out of returning, but I completely forget this place exists at the close of my browser tab. However this time the awesomeness of Ponies may compel me to stick around for slightly longer than it takes to make a couple posts.

QUOTE(PowerGauntlets @ May 21 2011, 08:52 PM) View Post
You've seen this show INFECT, but have you seen the show in general?

If the answer is no, then that's really quite a shame.
Everyone should see it. The main character is a talking purple Unicorn named Twilight Sparkle who has been tasked by a Princess Pony to learn about the value of friendship, which is also magic. What about that is not intrinsically appealing to absolutely everyone? Aside from losers, I mean.

#43 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

Was that sarcasm at the end? It's all text, so I can't tell from your tone of voice. icon_deformed.gif

(NOT PROVIDING A VERY GOOD CASE, YO! TRY TO AVOID THE CLICHE ELEMENTS OF IT!)

< Now THIS AVATAR is a very strong argument as to why you should watch. And this is the SHY character. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 21 May 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#44 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

My love for the show is totally genuine, something to which my little papercraft Rainbow Dash sitting on the desk in front of me can attest.

I would be lying if I said the pink fluffy magical friendship part of the show wasn't integral to my enjoyment of it, and I suspect that's true for more people than would care to admit it to themselves.

Seriously. Talking magical Ponies. There is nothing better.

#45 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(JoshSim @ May 21 2011, 11:22 PM) View Post
I would be lying if I said the pink fluffy magical friendship part of the show wasn't integral to my enjoyment of it, and I suspect that's true for more people than would care to admit it to themselves.

But that's insulting to Lauren Faust. She tries so hard to make it NOT like that. Although on the other hand, I can't help but agree with you. To me, the pink fluffy magical friendship thing is like something that was completely missing from my childhood. Even though I'm a guy, watching this just feels so RIGHT. It's like coming to terms with one's need for something innocent and cute.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT! THE POINT IS THAT THIS SHOW ACTUALLY HAD QUITE A BIT OF EFFORT PUT INTO IT, ACTUALLY HAS PLOT, HAS REALLY GOOD ANIMATION AND VOICE ACTORS (DESPITE THE FACT THAT TWO VOICE ACTORS COVER FOUR OF THE PROTAGONISTS), AND ULTIMATELY, IT'S FREAKING FUNNY.

I'm so happy right now, I could sing. In fact, I think I will.

When I was just a filly, and the sun was going down,
The darkness and the shadows, they would always make me frown...
I'd hide under my pillow from what I thought I saw,
But grandma said that wasn't the way to deal with fears at all...

She said 'Pinkie, you've gotta stand up tall! Learn to face your fears!
They can't hurt you just laugh and watch them disappear!'

HA! HA! HA!

ahhh...all better...

EDIT: YOU SIR HAVE JUST CAUSED ME TO FALL INTO THE BOTTOMLESS PIT WHICH IS MY LITTLE PAPERCRAFT! WORKING ON A FLUTTERSHY PAPERCRAFT AS WE SPEAK! (SAVING RAINBOW DASH FOR TOMORROW SINCE I LIKE FLUTTERSHY BETTER (AS YOU SAY, "NO, REALLY?"))

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 22 May 2011 - 12:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users