Photo

Tirua

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Viktorhark

Viktorhark

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:27 AM

The newly posted "Tirua" quest is in the process of updating on the site. I accidentally uploaded an old version of it. So expect to see a more complete quest here soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#2 Nashvillan

Nashvillan

Senior

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:55 AM

Well, that explains why Level 7 was definitely "work in progress"
I made it as far as the entrance to Level 7 before I ran into a fatal error.
Never did find a blue ring, but I felt like I wasn't left hopeless without it... like I still had a fighting chance even with just the green clothes.

I am slightly miffed that the map was behind a locked door and nothing else. It would be an absolute no no if it was just the compass behind a locked door. Having just the map behind a door is slightly less annoying.
Also, the waterfall with the stepladder spots, there is a spot where Link can get stuck because Link can squeeze behind the rocks and the lake and use the stepladder to go out in the middle of the lake, but can't get back to shore because that same stepladder keeps Link from getting back to shore due to the rocks in the way.
As far as I played it. It's pretty good.

#3 Viktorhark

Viktorhark

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:14 AM

Agreed, all these errors have been fixed in my much newer version, it'll be a completely new experience. The stepladder thing has also been fixed since I ran into this myself. There are hints to Magical Sword, Blue ring and magic shield locations in this newer version, we'll just see when PureZC posts the updated file.

#4 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE(Viktorhark @ May 14 2011, 07:14 AM) View Post

Agreed, all these errors have been fixed in my much newer version, it'll be a completely new experience. The stepladder thing has also been fixed since I ran into this myself. There are hints to Magical Sword, Blue ring and magic shield locations in this newer version, we'll just see when PureZC posts the updated file.

If it's a serious accidental error on your part, you could always PM the staff moderators about it so can put in the finished version right away, it's best not to wait (so that way people aren't downgrading it because of it being unfinished). It's a pretty good quest so far!

Edited by RockinRollFan64, 14 May 2011 - 07:03 AM.

#5 Viktorhark

Viktorhark

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:04 AM

Thank you RockinRoll, I'll go ahead and PM the staff right away =)

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

This forum will do quite nicely for that. icon_smile.gif

#7 Viktorhark

Viktorhark

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

Hey ShadowTiger icon_smile.gif

As I said, I hope the update to my quest file can be implemented. Mind doing that?

Really appreciate the help.

#8 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:58 PM

I normally don't post in these things, but, I have update the quest in the database, so it should be playable now according to Viktorhark's specifications. Enjoy, guys. icon_smile.gif

#9 Viktorhark

Viktorhark

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:21 PM

Thanks a lot Satellite! icon_biggrin.gif

Indeed, enjoy the quest guys.

#10 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:54 PM

I've found and finished level 1. So far I've gotten bombs, blue candle, letter, arrows and the blue ring. I've found a couple of guys that took my money too. icon_cry.gif I did find 1 more heart so I'm looking for the white sword and a shop that sells a shield.
I've found the clues about the eye in the desert but I don't have a bow. Did I miss it on level 1? BTW It would have been really nice if the overworld map was on.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

#11 Viktorhark

Viktorhark

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(ms_zelda_lady @ May 15 2011, 06:54 AM) View Post

I've found and finished level 1. So far I've gotten bombs, blue candle, letter, arrows and the blue ring. I've found a couple of guys that took my money too. icon_cry.gif I did find 1 more heart so I'm looking for the white sword and a shop that sells a shield.
I've found the clues about the eye in the desert but I don't have a bow. Did I miss it on level 1? BTW It would have been really nice if the overworld map was on.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

You didn't miss the bow, and I didn't include an overworld map because I wanted most of it LoZ 1 style. As far as the white sword and magic shield goes, they can be found with a little searching, there's also a hint cave for the magic shield.

#12 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:11 PM

I do enjoy a nice classic quest, and this got my interest. I have finished Level 1 and gotten bombs, candle, and the arrows, as well as an extra heart container. Beyond that, I've found Levels 3 and 8 (though denied access of course), a few "Secrets to Everybody", and a couple of guys who took MAH MONEYZ.

Other than that, I'm completely lost where to go. I understand you wanted to keep it more to LoZ 1 style, and I totally respect that, but a few more directions would help out a good amount. I've searched around quite a bit and not found sign of Level 2 or anything else that's worth merit...

#13 Viktorhark

Viktorhark

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(Twilight-Prince @ May 15 2011, 10:11 PM) View Post

I do enjoy a nice classic quest, and this got my interest. I have finished Level 1 and gotten bombs, candle, and the arrows, as well as an extra heart container. Beyond that, I've found Levels 3 and 8 (though denied access of course), a few "Secrets to Everybody", and a couple of guys who took MAH MONEYZ.

Other than that, I'm completely lost where to go. I understand you wanted to keep it more to LoZ 1 style, and I totally respect that, but a few more directions would help out a good amount. I've searched around quite a bit and not found sign of Level 2 or anything else that's worth merit...

Near a big forest there's a cave with a moblin telling you about level 2. From what he says you'll be able to figure out what to do. Hope this helps.

#14 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:54 PM

I found and did level 2. I still haven't found any clues about the white sword. I'm about ready to dump your quest Viktorhark after trying to do a few rooms in level 3. Darknuts and flying things without the white sword or a bow is hard enough. thank God I finally got a shield. Please can someone clue me in where to find the white sword cause it's just too hard without it.

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 15 May 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#15 Nashvillan

Nashvillan

Senior

• Members

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

I have completed this quest.
4:47.17 8 deaths

Ms. Zelda Lady the white sword is in an area with blue sand and leevers. Bring bombs.
Also, if you use your candle enough in an area with lots of bushes in geometric shapes, someone will tell you the blue ring is nearby. Again... bring bombs.
You also need to visit a secret shop in the desert before you can continue in level 3... yeap... you guessed it... bring bombs.
You will not get the bow until a little bit later so don't worry about it. If you have not bought the arrow yet... don't. Use your candle aggressively around Level 2... heck... use that candle on anything with leaves! You'll eventually find something. lol

Despite me finishing the quest, there was a couple of things I may have missed.
I never did find the red ring. And I missed one of the five extra heart containers.

Your whistle is still buggy!

There's no reason to dump a bunch of money in Level 9 if there's nothing to spend it on. I was expecting a "Leave your Life or Money" screen but it never happened.

Hmm? An extra key in Level 7?

Overall, not a bad quest. I like the localized storyline in some spots. Made the levels more realistic in their location.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users