VERSION_UPDATE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 11 April 2022 - 11:17 AM

After a bit of a talk with some people including a dev, it was in the best interest to retcon and pull New Quest: Rebuilt from the database, and make 7N/"2022" the official version going forward now that the 1.77 framework still works with ZC (for now).

So, I'm unveiling, now no longer without the quotes, New Quest 2022, The Ultimate Version.. I'll start on the polish job after vacation

New features expected:

1. The Dawn of Sorrow party system makes its debut for Levels 10 and 11, and a Lv. 3 official cheat code will remain for those that want to play with it throughout the quest (though different than any beta) - CHECK
2. Bosses will get a cleanup and boss music now.
3. Custom guys will be a thing (and always should have been a part)  CHECK
4, Overworld Palettes removed from the mini-levels. CHECK
5. Whistle secrets revealed (at the request of DeeDee)
6. Other undecided bugfixes/upgrades. Will talk more after vacation. - In Progress
7. One difficulty. That's it. K.I.S.S. - CHECK
8. Three potions now. Not two. - CHECK

9.  Splitting Darknuts and Death Knights now have separate sprites - CHECK

The quest also might receive extended updates as people play it and if people want their characters to be added to the party system.

UPDATE 4/18/2022: First expansion idea for the party system. It's Artorias, from Dark Souls.  This one's for Majora, for helping me and giving me good ideas.  Stay tuned after release.

-James

#2 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 02 May 2022 - 10:03 AM

I will be posting an updated alpha on the dev server, but generally, going to start moving into the boss cleanup/whistle tells now.  Today is a 3rdEX day though.

-James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users