Remembrance of Shadows- Help/Bug Topic

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 09 October 2021 - 08:55 AM

After about a year and a half of development, I've finally finished a new quest!

Please post any questions about what to do and where to go here along with reports of any bugs that are encountered.

It should be available on the database within a relatively short period of time.

Thanks and have fun!

Edit: Quest is now out!

Edited by ywkls, 12 October 2021 - 09:07 PM.

• jwex001 likes this

#2 slashi

slashi

Initiate

• Members

Posted 14 October 2021 - 04:27 PM

Nice quest so far!

I seem to be stuck after beating level 4 and a lot of wandering around, can't find the flippers... any hint?

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:11 PM

Nice quest so far!

I seem to be stuck after beating level 4 and a lot of wandering around, can't find the flippers... any hint?

To the southeast of Mabe Village is the area where the signpost maze would normally be.

Inside is an event involving a singing frog that leads to the Dream of Koholint.

Traverse that to get an item. Afterwards you can access a small area with a blue chest with the flippers inside.

Be sure to visit the WInd Fish once you get through with that event too!

• slashi likes this

#4 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 October 2021 - 05:17 PM

I am not sure if I just misread it wrong, or it is not working, but I cannot seem to switch songs.  I just learned the 2nd song, and was told how to switch them, but I cannot get it to work.

#5 BBTL

BBTL

• Members

Posted 15 October 2021 - 05:27 PM

I am not sure if I just misread it wrong, or it is not working, but I cannot seem to switch songs.  I just learned the 2nd song, and was told how to switch them, but I cannot get it to work.

Try clicking on the screen when the Ocarina is selected on the item wheel.

• jwex001 likes this

#6 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 October 2021 - 05:35 PM

NOW THAT.... is a nice feature.  I was sitting here clicking every key combo as I missed the exact process due to accidently clearing my screen thanks to my daughter.  All i got was to have the ocarina selected. 

#7 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 16 October 2021 - 09:28 AM

You're not the first person to mention having trouble remembering how to do this.

I mostly chose the mouse because I was running out of other buttons to utilize.

The method is mentioned once and then never alluded to again.

Also, did you discover the secret power of the second song?

Spoiler

• jwex001 likes this

#8 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 16 October 2021 - 01:06 PM

Some screen edge issues I've found early on.

Spoiler

#9 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 16 October 2021 - 06:56 PM

Some screen edge issues I've found early on.

Spoiler

How exactly did you return to those areas after getting the Power Bracelet?

Also, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for in the 3rd shot.

#10 csal321

csal321

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 16 October 2021 - 10:49 PM

Hey ywkls, great quest!

I am so excited to play a new one...though am a little stuck...looking for level one.... i know- i guess i am a little rusty!

Thanks in advance!

***Actually figured it out....I didn't realize that you had to press the button to use the key!!!

thanks anyway- am so loving this quest!

Edited by csal321, 16 October 2021 - 11:11 PM.

• WindRobe and ywkls like this

#11 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 17 October 2021 - 11:24 AM

Also enoying this quest by ywkls but stuck with getting to level 5 looks like i need an item that elctric for a looks like a crystal to hit it with to remove rockjs thats blocking ther entrace to level 5 i belive in something bay.

#12 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 17 October 2021 - 01:47 PM

Starting from scratch on ZC version 2.53.1 I have encountered the same problem lowering the blue barriers as I did with 2.50.2 in Level 9. I am assuming that I need only step on the switches after the statues are in place. It make a nice sound but nothing happens to the barriers.

What am I missing?

#13 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 17 October 2021 - 04:51 PM

Also enoying this quest by ywkls but stuck with getting to level 5 looks like i need an item that elctric for a looks like a crystal to hit it with to remove rockjs thats blocking ther entrace to level 5 i belive in something bay.

Did you get the 3rd Song upgrade from the frog's dream? While the rain is falling, you can summon a lightning bolt where the indicator shows.

This is what is needed to hit that orb.

Starting from scratch on ZC version 2.53.1 I have encountered the same problem lowering the blue barriers as I did with 2.50.2 in Level 9. I am assuming that I need only step on the switches after the statues are in place. It make a nice sound but nothing happens to the barriers.

What am I missing?

I'm not entirely certain, since no one else in testing reported this bug and I haven't been able to reproduce it myself.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance!

#14 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 17 October 2021 - 05:37 PM

Did you get the 3rd Song upgrade from the frog's dream? While the rain is falling, you can summon a lightning bolt where the indicator shows.

This is what is needed to hit that orb.

I'm not entirely certain, since no one else in testing reported this bug and I haven't been able to reproduce it myself.

Sorry I couldn't be of mya got that song cept no idea how to switch songs tried evvry button.

#15 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 17 October 2021 - 06:35 PM

Sorry I couldn't be of mya got that song cept no idea how to switch songs tried evvry button.

You must have the subscreen open for this to work.

You're not the first person to mention having trouble remembering how to do this.
I mostly chose the mouse because I was running out of other buttons to utilize.
The method is mentioned once and then never alluded to again.

Maybe I should add this to the quest description... :whistle:

Edited by ywkls, 17 October 2021 - 06:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users