4-way Link movement (No Half Tile)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 19 May 2019 - 01:26 AM

This request is basically what it sounds like, 4-way movement without the game forcing you to the nearest half tile when you turn. I feel this would have made quests with a lot of pit warps more tolerable back in the day.

#2 Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:10 PM

I support this I think we should get a proper 8 way with no snapping.

this might be related to this bug.. https://www.armagedd...ng-out-of-water

#3 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 October 2019 - 04:26 PM

I support this I think we should get a proper 8 way with no snapping.

this might be related to this bug.. https://www.armagedd...ng-out-of-water

That report has nothing to do with half-tile snap, and everything to do with the Hopping action.

If I could completely remove hopping I would. In fact, I tried. It almost drove me insane. It would likely require completely rewriting water in its entirety. Also would make solid water not work at all, so, only even possible for walkable water. 

TL;DR this isn't related to this thread, and also is likely never getting changed.

#4 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:01 PM

If this ever gets implemented they'd also need to add... god, I don't know how to succinctly describe it... "glancing off obstacles", like LttP. Simulating rounded hitboxes. Trying to walk through a 1-tile wide gap without being locked to a grid would be a pain in the ass unless the walls automatically "push" Link away as he skims past them.

#5 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 27 October 2019 - 06:04 PM

If this ever gets implemented they'd also need to add... god, I don't know how to succinctly describe it... "glancing off obstacles", like LttP. Simulating rounded hitboxes. Trying to walk through a 1-tile wide gap without being locked to a grid would be a pain in the ass unless the walls automatically "push" Link away as he skims past them.

Err, they already do. Up to about 4px from the edge of a solid. At least as far back as 2.50.2; I never used prior versions to know about earlier.

#6 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:00 AM

Well there you go. I never use 8-directional movement so had no idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users