I wish enemies like

Peahat 2

Lynel 3

Fire Dodonngo

Aquamentus 2

Acheman Wizzrobe

Ice Wizzrobe

Whistle Pols Voice

were added from the scrapped enemies because even if you use Enemy Editor or Zscript these enemies may not always act the same. So if the enemies were added as-is they could be used in "vanilla" Zelda Classic quests without confusion as to what they did since they would be standard like Splitting Darknut or Flame Breath Gohma (Gohma 4). Like how in Ballad of a Bloodline you knew what to do when you saw a Digdogger. Well this is just like that kind of vanilla behavior.

Especially for Aquamentus as he is just a putz after the first ten minutes of any quest. So imagine a stronger, fire-breathing version like Gohma 4!

Should I post this on the AG forums or is it an already rejected idea?

#32 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

I think it could be very useful if your Rupee Counter could go into the negative.

That way you could have money subtraction events with a guaranteed Rupee loss, and if that took you into the negative you'd have to go collect Rupees to pay off the rest of the debt until you got back up to 1 or more Rupees and could finally purchase stuff in shops again. I can see several interesting uses for this, including Item Pickup Costs not being negated if you have 0 Rupees.

#33 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:02 AM

I think it could be very useful if your Rupee Counter could go into the negative.

That way you could have money subtraction events with a guaranteed Rupee loss, and if that took you into the negative you'd have to go collect Rupees to pay off the rest of the debt until you got back up to 1 or more Rupees and could finally purchase stuff in shops again. I can see several interesting uses for this, including Item Pickup Costs not being negated if you have 0 Rupees.

Signed counters are something that I have considered adding, but they would need to be something new, that is toggled with a rule of some kind.

They would be locked to the same caps as ZScript floats, to ensure that they can never have a value that scripts cannot read, set, or modify.

#34 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:33 AM

I'll reply to some of these things.... I have been reading them, but I haven't indicated that of late.

You can already make the  minimap marker disappear via a screen flag.

And yes it's the dot on the passive subcreen, not the compass marker.

This is looking to be far more trouble than it is worth, and probably won't happen.

I'd love to see a "Secrets-> Item" screen flag. It might seem trivial at first, but there is no easy way to make triggering secrets make an item appear, unless you use a chest.

Seems a valid idea. The screen flags system is an awful mess, though.

You can duplicate and modify default weapons. It'd be cool if those were available on the enemy editor weapon list to choose.

You never clarified if you meant the weapon sprites, but if you did, then this is already in 2.54.

Can we have knockback for and against to be a toggable option in the enemy editor?

I would love to have a checkbox so that, in addition to the enemy dealing 0 damage, they also would not knock me back.

It's on the 'would be nice' list, along with solid npcs.

Probably someone's mentioned this before, but more specific keys.

Say you have a building on DMap 2 with 10 blue lockblocks in it, but the player has to collect the blue lockblock keys across DMaps 0-6. And maybe you don't want regular keys found on DMap 2 to work in the blue lockblocks.

Dunno if I'm proposing Keys and/or Lockblocks with inherent Levels, or someone has a more streamlined idea.

Features this specific, for esoteric expansion belong in scripts.  In fact, I released a script that does exactly this.

I wish enemies like

Peahat 2

Lynel 3

Fire Dodonngo

Aquamentus 2

Acheman Wizzrobe

Ice Wizzrobe

Whistle Pols Voice

were added from the scrapped enemies because even if you use Enemy Editor or Zscript these enemies may not always act the same. So if the enemies were added as-is they could be used in "vanilla" Zelda Classic quests without confusion as to what they did since they would be standard like Splitting Darknut or Flame Breath Gohma (Gohma 4). Like how in Ballad of a Bloodline you knew what to do when you saw a Digdogger. Well this is just like that kind of vanilla behavior.

Especially for Aquamentus as he is just a putz after the first ten minutes of any quest. So imagine a stronger, fire-breathing version like Gohma 4!

Should I post this on the AG forums or is it an already rejected idea?

Absolutely no. More hardcoded enemies makes no sense. Maybe, and I stress maybe, hardcoded bosses, but ideally we will migrate further away from internal hardcoded enemies in the future, not add more of them. Most of these make no sense anyway.

Being able to set specific eweapon types to npcs in the editor, makes sense. Adding new attack patterns, and movement patterns, that can be applied to any enemy using the editors, makes sense. Heck, adding a defence type for the whistle not only makes sense, but it is on the agenda.

The present enemy code is a gigantic, awful mess, composed of line after line of compatibility and behavioural hacks. It'll be preserved for quest compatibility one way or another, but I will never be willing to compound it by adding a handful of hardcoded normal enemies, that the editor features allow you to create anyway.

Stuff like Peahat 2 and Lynel 3 were planned for 2.10, and dropped because the enemy editor made them defunct.

No-one wants to work on enemy code anyway. The main focus in the future will be on true npc scripts, and trying to make enemy editor features more robust. (The 2.54 enemy editor already allows making huge custom bosses, or just larger enemies.)

• Local_Droog and P-Tux7 like this

#35 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:40 AM

Some things like step secrets don't trigger the secret SFX. That would be nice.

#36 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

My ideas (I haven't made a quest yet so I don't need these but these could be useful):

New Rule: Side View Wizzrobes Only Appear on Floors

Also maybe some sort of tile that is marked for them to be able to appear on in side view but if that's not available they pick the closest one that puts them in Link's fire.

New Rule: Zoras Count As Enemies To Be Beaten

New Rule: LttP Cane of Byrna

New Item: L2 Whistle (Same as L2 Bracelet, which means it's the same just works on some things that the original doesn't)

New Item: Roc's Cape (Allows a little more mobility like L2 Ladder)

New Item: Stopwatch (Like Nayru's Love, but pauses enemies too. L1 pauses enemies but not invincible, L2 works like Nayru's Love and the original clock with the invincibility and also stopped enemies)

New Enemy Pickup: Temporary Clock (Green Temp. Clock pauses enemies, Blue Temp. Clock pauses enemies and makes LInk incivnicble. But it only lasts for a few seconds)

New Item: Inventory Clock and Temporary Clocks (the same way as the enemy pickups, but in your inventory to be used like potions so you can buy them at shops)

New Item: Bomb and Arrow Potions (yeah)

New Item: Pegasus Boots (L1: only once per room, L2: like normal)

New Tile: Too-Fast-To-Walk Conveyor (so must use Pegasus Boots)

New tile: Quicksand (for Pegasus Boots)

New Combo Setting: Broken by Pegasus Charge

New Combo Setting: Pushed by Pegasus Charge (like a block)

New Rule: Pegasus Boots Use Magic

New Rule: Roc's Feather Uses Magic

New Rule: Roc's Cape Uses Magic

Edited by P-Tux7, 22 January 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#37 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

It'd be nice if the CSet was specified in text on the combo list where you choose the combo for your FFC.

EDIT: The raft would look better if it didn't rotate when you went sideways, that breaks the perspective.

Edited by Cukeman, 22 January 2018 - 02:06 PM.

#38 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

It'd be nice if the CSet was specified in text on the combo list where you choose the combo for your FFC.

Yeah.

EDIT: The raft would look better if it didn't rotate when you went sideways, that breaks the perspective.

I think there was a rule for this? Maybe not.

Edited by Avataro, 22 January 2018 - 12:47 PM.

• Cukeman likes this

#39 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

I think there was a rule for this? Maybe not.

Oh, you're right. Thanks!

#40 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

Some things like step secrets don't trigger the secret SFX. That would be nice.

I know this is a bit of a cop-out, but does it work if you change the screen's secret SFX to a blank sound?  That way it wouldn't play. :shrug:   Obviously this isn't helpful if there's something else on the screen that you do want to play the secret sound.  Though I'll bet that could be done with scripting, but I guess that's not why we're here.  Heh.

#41 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:23 PM

I meant I wanted the SFX to play and they don't. Yeah, it can be scripted, but hey I'm just listing wishes (and this lack of SFX seemed like a bug).

Edited by Cukeman, 22 January 2018 - 04:39 PM.

#42 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

More options on the enemy editor weakness drop down list.

Maybe things like...

2x Damage
3x Damage
4x Damage
Stun or Damage
Block or Damage
Ignore or Damage

And if the OR options maybe something can pop up so you can define when that occurence occurs.

For example

Wand: Block or Damage

Damage Amount: 2x
Occurence: DMG >/= 10

Block Occurence: DMG < 10

#43 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

I'll reply to some of these things.... I have been reading them, but I haven't indicated that of late.

This is looking to be far more trouble than it is worth, and probably won't happen.

Seems a valid idea. The screen flags system is an awful mess, though.

You never clarified if you meant the weapon sprites, but if you did, then this is already in 2.54.

It's on the 'would be nice' list, along with solid npcs.

Features this specific, for esoteric expansion belong in scripts.  In fact, I released a script that does exactly this.

Absolutely no. More hardcoded enemies makes no sense. Maybe, and I stress maybe, hardcoded bosses, but ideally we will migrate further away from internal hardcoded enemies in the future, not add more of them. Most of these make no sense anyway.

Being able to set specific eweapon types to npcs in the editor, makes sense. Adding new attack patterns, and movement patterns, that can be applied to any enemy using the editors, makes sense. Heck, adding a defence type for the whistle not only makes sense, but it is on the agenda.

The present enemy code is a gigantic, awful mess, composed of line after line of compatibility and behavioural hacks. It'll be preserved for quest compatibility one way or another, but I will never be willing to compound it by adding a handful of hardcoded normal enemies, that the editor features allow you to create anyway.

Stuff like Peahat 2 and Lynel 3 were planned for 2.10, and dropped because the enemy editor made them defunct.

No-one wants to work on enemy code anyway. The main focus in the future will be on true npc scripts, and trying to make enemy editor features more robust. (The 2.54 enemy editor already allows making huge custom bosses, or just larger enemies.)

That sounds great! Another thing for the enemy editor would be to fix some of the settings not working on certain enemy types, by either fixing the settings not working or having a "Danger! This setting does not work on this enemy type unless repurposed by a script!" message at the bottom (definitely NO pop up window) for the pertinent enemies if you select the pertinent option.

#44 Cukeman

Cukeman

• Banned

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

Option to automatically pause the game timer when you're in the Active Subscreen.

Edited by Cukeman, 23 January 2018 - 02:50 AM.

#45 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

Here's some more ideas, especially for items and the new Weapon Editor.

Equip and Dequip Rings, BoM, Shields, etc.: This comes in for...

Wearing It Drains Money/Magic: You know the Magic Armor? Well, imagine that, but expanded to other inventory objects.

Can Have High and Low Items at the Same Time: This could be useful for certain ring flavors having different effects in scripts. also, imagine being able to use your normal boomerang, but you can spend magic to use the fire boomerang.

Change Money/Magic Cost For Firing: Self-explanatory

Different Magic/Ammo Meters: Make an item or family of items use its own ammo stock.

Item/Weapon Uses More Than One Ammo Source: So for instance, you could have arrows use rupees, but also have them use arrow ammo as well.

Inventory Fairies and Magic Refill Bottles: Useful for small rewards or shop wares that are less than potions. Also like BotW food.

Is it possible to change Link's tile size through sripts? That would be pretty funny for a Giant's Ring. I may also suggest a 8x8 Link size which acts like the Mini Mushroom. This could be an item to temporarily make Link smaller (acting similar to Nayru's Love), but that could be done in the Item or Weapon Editor if some stuff is added so it doesn't need its own slot.

World Pauses While Using: You know how Nayru's Love does this? That's the quality now for all items with this item setting.

Also is there a rule so that saves don't count as deaths? Also it maybe could be changed to a Deaths/Continues/Saves triple counter on the file select.

New Ideas:

Enemy/Player Shots that Heal: These shots can be set to heal Link, enemies, or both. They can heal a certain amount, or just do a full heal.

New Combo Types

Glue: If you (and Peahats and Tektites) jump on here, you're stuck! You'll have to jump off. This acts as solid unless you're on top, so you can't walk into it on accident.

Changed Conveyor: Now the conveyor belt can have its speed (and corresponding animation) changed. Also good for "air currents" and Pegasus Boots blockades.

Quicksand: Going with my Pegasus Boots suggestion, this is the same as LttP. Run across or perish! May be set to "harmful unless running" or "if not running, acts as a pit/warp" or "if not running, drowns"

Ice: Yep, Link slowly slides to a stop.

L2 Ice: Now Link cannot stop! He just keeps walking, so you'll have to stay frosty.

Oil: This is uncontrollably slick, so it makes Link keep moving in the direction he entered it from until he hits something. May it be a block, or will it slide him into a pit?

Rushing Water/Sticky Conveyor: Get onto here and you're being moved where it leads like it or not. This activates when the game would consider Link to be on the conveyor enough for it to push him like a normal one, then he gets trapped.

Item Quality: Makes Link Trip on Ice/Oil: Did you forget that it's not safe to jump or charge when the ground is slick? Link will slide forward once he lands (whether that is temporary or until he hits a wall is determined by it being ice or oil).

Edited by P-Tux7, 23 January 2018 - 12:28 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zquest, Ideas, Concepts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users