Photo

Screenshot of the Week 317

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (51 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

I want to vote for Sheik, but the way the top part seems to be recessed from the bottom part and the water seems to come forward as it falls (more than it should, based on the seemingly no pressure behind its more level flow) just ruins it. so close, but so far. great tileset, though.

aside from the inconsistent outlines, Sepulcher's is nice. it almost gets my vote.

I don't like the other ones. nulled.

#17 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

I voted for Sheik91. It brings back memories of screenshots that users such as NoeL and Revfan9 used to show.

#18 Aaron The Great

Aaron The Great

• Members

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:36 PM

Shiek wins.

That's all I can say.

Shiek wins.

#19 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

I voted for Sheik91. I think its a great use of SD3 tiles.

#20 Ice Cream Link

Ice Cream Link

Ascendant

• Members

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

Plain icon_awesome.gif , Shiek. Great stuff. icon_kawaii.gif

#21 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

This is why I don't enter SotW or SR when we have a new, uber detailed, tileset in the making. Shiek91, with the new tileset, is the runaway winner here.

I voted for Sepulcher's shot because it felt stronger than Shiek's here.

#22 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

Orin, while you have every right to have any opinion on any tileset and on any contest, I'd like to ask you something. Do you notice, that it might be kind of discouraging for tileset makers to read this kind of critque of you every time they enter their work in these contests (namely to support them)? Other tilesets makers and me too put a lot of effort into their work. While it's fine for you to don't like that or the results, I don't think it very ploite to "call us out" for "breaking" the contets or something.
Also, your "you only win because you use a new tileset"-comments kind of discredit our screen design skills. I'm not that full of myself to say that I have uber-skills and make uber-tilesets, but I know that it is very possible to make crappy screens with pretty tilesets.

I'd like to bring up my Mona-Lisa-argument here again:
The Mona Lisa (or any other oil painting) is more popular than pencil drawings for a reason. You can make pencil drawings that look better than oil paintings (i.e. awesome Classic shots that beat MC shots) and you can make oil paintings that look like crap (you can also make pencil drawings that look like crap, too). But if you have equally good skills with both mediums (i.e. both tilesets, Classic and MC), odds are the oil painting (i.e. MC shot) will be more awesome. I can't see how there's a question of fairness here.

That said, I hope we can all move on and maybe think twice before we go and hate stuff for ominous reasons.

#23 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:26 AM

Please excuse me, I did not discredit any new tileset for the sake of it. I do have a bad habit of saying the wrong things at the wrong time. I simply was explaining that I don't enter SotW when such tilesets are being made, because of my bad luck with SotW itself (and I don't think it's bad luck, I think something more sinister...). I entered what was supposed to be my best shot in 310 and I came last in the results, which really crushed my morale :sad:.

I just didn't like your shot as much as Sepulcher's, and I vote more on playability than screendesign personally. A few enemies onscreen would have made me vote for you instead.

#24 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:31 AM

I see, I guess. I highly suggest entering in SotW, though, because that's where you get the best critiques to improove on your screendesign. To say it with the words of the scatman: As a matter of fact don't let nothing ever hold you back!

Also, I'm totally cool with you voting for Sepulcher. I wasn't talking about you not voting for me, but rather about the discouraging comments on the new tilesets.

#25 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

I think it's pretty obvious who won icon_razz.gif
Results, and the next SotW please? icon_smile.gif

#26 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

I'm not really sure why Ebola hasn't posted it yet; he's been online several times since you entered your shot. Nonetheless, patience is a virtue, and I'm sure we can wait. After all, this really is just a hobby. icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by William, 18 April 2011 - 06:59 PM.

#27 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:53 PM

Beta Link - 1 votes = [2.33%]
Sepulcher - 9 votes = [20.93%]
Moo2wo - 1 vote = [2.33%]
Lynker - 1 vote = [2.33%]
Sheik91 - 31 votes = [72.09%]
Total Votes: 43

Sheik91
IPB Image
Zelda Densetsu 3.

Great job Sheik! You've proven your mettle and will move on to higher competition!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users