Photo

Screenshot of the Week 48

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE(Ben @ Feb 10 2004, 07:40 PM)
But I do agree. It's not fair that C-Dawg gets to call everything crap. He should at least give a REASON of why the shot sucks.

Okay, okay, fine. That shot is crap because it sucks the flesh pole all the way to brown town.

-C

#32 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:50 AM

Okay, okay, fine. That shot is crap because it sucks the flesh pole all the way to brown town.

Ouch. That's not really what we all meant, C. You have to say like I don't like the shot because... the tiles are crappy because... the colors look bad because... etc. Your last response sounds just about the same as your last. Give an actual reason.

#33 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:59 AM

Watch out what you wish for, Poly. C already gave a reason.

Ian, what tileset will you be using? I'm curious to see your SS making skills. icon_smile.gif
Hmm... The next SOTW sounds promising: BH4/link3505, PrettyBoy, maybe Ian... I have to submit something too!

#34 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:24 AM

Watch out what you wish for, Poly. C already gave a reason.

Ah, I guess. I'll keep off other's own things now in SoTW.

#35 Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Legend

• Site Creator

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:22 PM

I wasn't going to comment, but I guess I will, for the sake of being an example.

Happyman
I like it. Works well. Some might argue that it is nothing new or special... an argument that would probably be true, but it is still an effective screen in my opinion.

Nick
Looks fine to me. I'd try varying the pattern of the trees at the top a little more... take one out along one of the edges, maybe a couple in the middle of the clump.

Whhthe2
I like the way the forest foliage effect is applied. This shot gets my vote.

skateboarder11
C-Dawg calls it crap; I will tell you what I don't like about it and why I think it has been labeled as crap: The way the screen is layed out seems to defy the laws of gravity and three dimensions. It seems that Mario is standing on a high platform... Down the ladder from the platform is a door that is angled improperly to be branching from that vertical mountain ledge.

Also, that waterfall is coming from a hole in a mountain that is seemingly lower than the platform... yet it runs down along the side of the platform?

Try to build a picture that fits together.

#36 Dustminion

Dustminion

Shouri da nasu!

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:09 PM

I like Whhthe2's shot. The tiles look good, and the CoLoRz!! I vote for his.

#37 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(Mr.Descer @ Feb 11 2004, 08:55 AM)
get your facts right before making a comment like that!

Didn't you SEE the comments that Petoe made on spade03's quests, calling them ALL sucky?

You know what? I'm tired of you following me and looking for a chance to call me an idiot everywhere I go. icon_glare.gif

Edited by Ben, 11 February 2004 - 04:04 PM.

#38 Mr.Descer

Mr.Descer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:19 PM

Ben, for God's sake! This is a screenshot thread! You just keep talking about quests and bring up issues about Petoe. He hasn't done anything bad to you you know. If you wanna complain, do it with private messages! What's wrong with you? icon_thumbsdown.gif

#39 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:22 PM

I can't believe my eyes... Cut the crap, guys! You're being ridiculous! You're way off the topic.

Ben, if you have problems, please PM me. And Descer, I'll have a talk with you...

#40 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:49 PM

*Looks up at the last few posts*...

It appears this isn't going to end anytime soon... so this week's SoTW is now officially poll only for the rest of the week.

Thanks can go to people not reading the rules, people ranting about specific quest makers, ect.

Praethus may override this if he likes, though.

As to whether next week will be poll only... that is also up to him.

As a final note... I recommend people read the rules of this forum before the next one (SoTM). Continuing to argue out things that are not even slightly related to this week's contest didn't really help anyone (and the rent-a-mods saying to get back ontopic didn't help either). I found the comments about asking why certain ratings occured were ok, but this arguing over a quest and quest makers was not.

To those who actually know the rules of this forum and made some decent commentary, I am sorry. Hopefully, these issues will not take place next week.

#41 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 15 February 2004 - 11:57 AM

Happyman wins. I will start SOTM tomorrow.

#42 Aegis Runestone

Aegis Runestone

Cecil Harvey - Paladin

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 03:31 PM

I voted for skates since it was the most original. The others just looked kinda bland to me. <.<, though skate, you really do need to work on the Physics there. ^_~

Edit: Ah, Crap! Sorry Praethus. I voted and posted before I noticed it was over! T.T

Edited by Aegis Runestone, 21 February 2004 - 03:31 PM.

#43 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 22 February 2004 - 06:34 AM

I voted for Whhthe2, just because it's the most 'natural' looking graphics wise (you know how I am with graphics *looks at freedom* icon_biggrin.gif)

#44 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE(link3505 @ Feb 22 2004, 06:34 AM)
I voted for Whhthe2, just because it's the most 'natural' looking graphics wise (you know how I am with graphics *looks at freedom* icon_biggrin.gif)

Er... I hate to break it to you, but SSotW 48 ended quite some time ago. icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Errr, wait. You may only be commenting because I (and a few others, but I feel it's my fault alot) had the thread closed for a long time. :\

Edited by Ben, 22 February 2004 - 07:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users