Photo

Screenshot of the Week 48

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(Praethus @ Feb 10 2004, 01:50 PM)
So as it stands right now, I will consider that shot an entry into the next SOTW, unless Prince says otherwise.

I appreciate that. But it is my fault that I didn't send it to you on time. So I'll just put it in my SIG with what I said. Hopefully that will make Petoe feel better. But I will be sending you a new one soon for next weeks.

~PB~

#17 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 03:19 PM

Not a problem. Actually next week is SotM now that I think about it. So you have a couple of weeks.

#18 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 03:51 PM

I'm winning? I made that screen for no other reason than to keep SoTW alive...

EDIT: In response to those who liked the water and the bridge, those are from the BS/R2 tileset.

#19 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(jman2050 @ Feb 10 2004, 07:42 AM)
2nd - Also boring tiles

Yes. I will be sure to put seizure inducing tiles into next week's submission.

Actually... I know this shot sucked. Like the others I've submitted lately, it was mainly for the sake of getting things going.

Quite frankly, I've given up on trying to put my full effort into this contest. Whenever I do, it is "bland". Noone ever explains why. It just is.

I also know this is what I ranted about last week, but I'm tired of this type of crap since noone freaking respects the damn rule that says to explain stuff.

"Boring tiles" isn't enough. You could say "Nick! You should shove a friggin ZQuest help manual up your ass since you didn't put any dirt patches whatsoever into that screenshot! You also didn't have much of any color or tile variety!".

#20 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 05:13 PM

Nick, the tiles are boring because I;ve seen them before in much better layouts than this one. The caption is funny, but I pretty much ignore that part when voting on a pic. I'm not saying it's awful, about 95% of my overworld screens look very similar to that one... but then again when have I ever put overworld shots into this contest? I do concur though that my tiles were seizure-inducing, though I figured people might actually find that appealing. I guess I was wrong :/

Oh yeah: "Nick! You should shove a friggin ZQuest help manual up your ass since you didn't put any dirt patches whatsoever into that screenshot! You also didn't have much of any color or tile variety!". there, I said it icon_razz.gif

#21 Whhthe2

Whhthe2

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 05:59 PM

I think that its a lot easier to explain why you voted for a peice than explain why you didnt vote for a peice. If you can't give constructive criticism, just dont say anything. If you want to post who you voted for and why, do so. You don't need to say something about every shot. Trying to force a peice of criticism merely leads to comments like "bland". If you cant say something helpful, dont say anything at all.
Maybe this doesnt need to be said. I would hope so.
Sorry if I'm stepping on your shoes, Praethus.

#22 plith

plith

I've been thinking.

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 07:22 PM

Egad! Three-fourths of these screenshots are all coming from the same quest! We must warn the general public! Really now, there's no discernable variation among the first three screenshots upon first glance. Don't tell me I have to look closer to appreciate all the work you put into it. Make me appreciate it.

As for the fourth... it makes me take C-Dawg's meaning of the word "crap" a bit differently. icon_thumbsup.gif

#23 Arathorn21st

Arathorn21st

Junior

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:05 PM

Happyman: Nice shot. I love the creek/grass border tiles. The only thing that irks me is the checkerboard of grass in the upper left...
Nick: Too symmetrical, and too few colors.
Whhthe2: Just to warn everyone, this puzzle is hard. I can't figure it out...Anyway, this gets my vote. Much more going on than in the other three.
skateboarder: Not bad, but there's some weird geography in that cavern. (A door coming out of a cliff? icon_freak.gif )

I think I'll submit after the SSOTM...and I shall own you all. icon_razz.gif

#24 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:22 PM

Bland shots this week. I was considering entering, and, to the competition, I might have won this week. icon_razz.gif
I'm not going to fool with doing the whole "grading" thing. Winner is Happy. Nick's is just, how to put this, very even. There is no real veriation between sides.

#25 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(Petoe @ Feb 10 2004, 12:37 PM)
PrettyBoy, you chose to build yourself up at the expense of others... yet again. You're always in a hurry to remind everyone that you're the greatest on earth... I mean, this week's SOTW has just started.
icon_sigh.gif

No offense, but you did, too. (in fact, more so than Prince) You slammed every other Mega Man quest- no, wait, quest in general- in favour of your MMDWR.

But I do agree. It's not fair that C-Dawg gets to call everything crap. He should at least give a REASON of why the shot sucks.

Edited by Ben, 10 February 2004 - 08:41 PM.

#26 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 10:04 PM

Hmmm, nothing really stands out to me as like "WOAH!". Even though Skate is using my poor mario tileset (I agree with C, I say my mario tiles are crap. I just never seemed to like the tileset.) that may be the reason why I won't pick (I told him to use VEL's tileset!). Null vote this time.

#27 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 February 2004 - 11:03 PM

I like that screenshot in Prince's signature. Can I vote for that? icon_lol.gif

#28 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(Whhthe2 @ Feb 10 2004, 04:59 PM)
I think that its a lot easier to explain why you voted for a peice than explain why you didnt vote for a peice.  If you can't give constructive criticism, just dont say anything.  If you want to post who you voted for and why, do so.  You don't need to say something about every shot.  Trying to force a peice of criticism merely leads to comments like "bland".  If you cant say something helpful, dont say anything at all.
Maybe this doesnt need to be said.  I would hope so.
Sorry if I'm stepping on your shoes, Praethus.

I choose to state when a shot is crap. Whether my comments are helpful or not is irrelevent. I hope that the shots I submit get constructive criticism, but if the best people can say is that it's crap (and that's really the best I can say about all of these without wasting 45 minutes of my life) than really what can I do. After all, it's all opinion in the end. No need to get worked up whenever somebody shoots down the efforts of another...

#29 Mr.Descer

Mr.Descer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 08:55 AM

Saying a shot is crap isn't a nice thing to do. maybe you do not give a **** but somone else might get hurt if his screenshots are regarded as crap. icon_frown.gif

QUOTE (Ben @ Feb 10 2004, 07:40 PM)
No offense, but you did, too. (in fact, more so than Prince) You blah blah blah...in favour of your MMDWR.

get your facts right before making a comment like that!
And shouldn't we talk about screenshots here, not quests! If you have some personal quarrels with Petoe why dont you Pm him instead of posting here?

And I almost fotgot to say who I voted - whhthe2 icon_lol.gif
Ohhoh! It's a tie!

Edited by Mr.Descer, 11 February 2004 - 09:53 AM.

#30 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:27 AM

Nope, Happyman's in the lead, no need to thank me icon_wink.gif I liked the bridge and the tiles where the grass connects to the water.

The second one was too full of trees. The third was nice, but th eonly new thing was th ehero, which was very good, but the rest was a bit plain. I dunno, just seems the the Pure set is being overused, or at least, in it's original form. *I* think that people should try to add stuff to it, if they aren't good at drawing, then maybe rip stuff, or just add more in from other sets.

The 4th one? I'll have to go with C on this one. Too many random tiles that don't fit together.

/me thinks about submitting a screenie of his own

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users