Photo

Screenshot of the Week 80

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Who gets your vote? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Who gets your vote?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:42 PM

DragonBoy
user posted image

Dorian
user posted image

Mr. Z
user posted image
If you think this is too dark, your monitor isn't set to be bright enough for Zc

NoeL
user posted image
See people, this is what happens when you don't weed your garden...

Shoelace
user posted image
I wonder how you solve this puzzle?

Skateboarder
user posted image

Just a reminder, Screenshot of the Month 20 is next week.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#2 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:49 PM

DragonBoy: That's a really nice shot. I have no complaints.

Dorian: Nice shot, but it seems a little average.

Mr. Z: I can barely see the shot, as it is quite dark. Looks good from what I can see, though.

NoeL: HOLY ****. This one has my vote. Nice green evil thing (Botha).

Shoelace: This is a nice shot. I also like how you didn't just make it a boxed room. I like rooms where you can go to the next screen without using a door.

skateboarder11: I still like this shot. I just didn't vote for it. Don't hurt me. >_<

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:49 PM

DragonBoy: I know that -most- of the submenu there came from me, ... Thanks. icon_razz.gif I wasn't expecting those frames to be used though, as they.. well.. weren't frames. icon_razz.gif icon_lol.gif Nice trees though. icon_wink.gif Very much. I like the pagoda.

Dorian: ... BS Tileset. Okay.

Mr. Z: Dark, prisony, but not much else. I hope to play it soon to see what else there is in store for us in that screenie.

NoeL's Shots do not need commentary. The own on their own.

Shoelace: .. Is .. Is it just me, or did I already see this shot last week? icon_odd.gif

skate: It's always a pleasure seeing this set. icon_wink.gif And this screen is laid out very, very well. I just may have to vote for this little gem. icon_razz.gif

Excellent job all participants this week! icon_biggrin.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#4 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:04 PM

DragonBoy: Pretty good. My only complaint is that the big trees don't fit in really. The rest of the shot is great though, with a lot of detail and all of the different colors come together well.
Dorian: While the center is great with a lot of detail, the edges seem somewhat empty in contrast, and that really lowers the shot's value. :\
Z: The shot is darkish. I can see details, but all of the darkness kindof blurs them, making them hard to see, so I can't go much for this shot. icon_shrug.gif
NoeL: Nice custom boss. The walls are nice too. The only thing I think is bad about this shot is that there are several things in the shot that I have absolutely no clue what in the world they are. icon_shrug.gif
Shoelace: The detail is fantastic, and it makes we want to know what is you have to do. Great job. icon_thumbsup.gif
Skateboarder: Very nice. It's just like Z's. It's so dark that the little details can't be seen well. But, it's still nice. icon_wink.gif

My vote goes with NoeL.

#5 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:39 PM

DragonBoy: Great tile selection... I can't wait to play this. icon_smile.gif
Dorian: Basic BS-Zelda screen. Not winning material, but it's not horrible.
Mr. Z: TOO DARK. >_<
NoeL: The one week I have a good shot, you enter. Stop dammit! icon_razz.gif
The screen looks nice... can't wait to fight this boss icon_razz.gif
Shoelace: Not bad, your dungeon designs seem impressive for a first quest. icon_biggrin.gif
skateboarder11: The screen isn't too dark in ZC. It's distorted, which has happened to numerous other screens here. icon_sigh.gif

#6 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:43 PM

There is no competition here. NoeL's wins easily.

If youi see this NoeL, PM me. I want to know when you can resend me teh quest so I can fight the boss. icon_smile.gif

#7 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:02 PM

NoeL easily gets my vote. That is one awesome looking boss!

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:07 PM

Holy freakin'...! icon_eek.gif

Okay, there are just too many good shots this week. Many of you think NoeL's is best hands-down, but personally I think it's a close call between 3 entries.

Dragonboy:

I see you've toned down your colors, and your layout is even better. This shot looks great. icon_smile.gif Where did those trees come from?... I don't think I've seen them before, but they look very nice. The mountains don't look quite as good as the rest of the shot, but overall it's a very well-done shot

Dorian:

A standard BS shot... Not bad, but not terribly exciting. Hey, is that my tileset you're using? icon_smile.gif

Mr. Z:

You may think our monitors are not set bright enough for ZC, but you have to take into account that ZC is set against a black background when you have it on fullscreen, and SOTW is set against a very light green background. Also, my brightness is at max. icon_razz.gif Yeah, my monitor sucks, but y'know there's no shame in touching up your shot by raising the brightness before submitting it... As it stands I see almost nothing. icon_confused.gif

NoeL:

All I can say is, I hope this custom boss is as cool to fight as it is to look at. Don't skimp on the custom boss work, because dang, does that raise expectations. icon_wink.gif The boss is perfect, and so are the walls... I never have been fond of the floors from this dungeon set, but I guess in the end it deserves my vote.

Shoelace:

This is Pure used well enough to look as good as even Link's Birthday. Keep it up. icon_thumbsup.gif This temple looks really appealing. Not quite a SOTW winner against this stiff competition, though. But great job nonetheless.

Skateboarder:

Very cool use of SD3; it's looking just great. Your use of cave tiles is perfect, but there's not much else going on in this screen. Not saying it'll look bad in quest, but as plith tells me so often, so shots are great in their own right but not good SOTW competitors. icon_shrug.gif I guess it's true sometimes.

As stated, my vote goes to NoeL. I usually don't like being a sheep, but I have to go with the majority here. icon_smile.gif My second choice would be Dragonboy's, and my third would be Shoelace's.

#9 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:08 PM

Those trees are from Gashin. They are very good. icon_razz.gif

And those frames are yours BH4. icon_razz.gif I got them from Blade Of Ages.

Also, this is the LTTP set I was talking about. I currently agian remaking it. So if it's good, I'll keep it.

Edited by DragonBoy, 13 February 2005 - 08:02 PM.

#10 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:07 PM

Dragonboy: those big trees are...out of place.

Dorian: Lemme quote here, "Welcome to...bland land."

Mr. Z: (hums Forsaken Fortress theme for a few seconds)

NoeL: Holy custom boss! This gets my vote.

Shoelace: Cool layout.

Skateboarder: looks different than the other ones you've been submitting. Nice.

Edited by zmaster, 18 February 2005 - 10:26 PM.

#11 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:01 AM

We have some good shots here this week. Very cool. Time to get to commenting.

DragonBoy- Awesome shot there DragonBoy. Very good use of tiles and colors. Super work. icon_wink.gif

Dorian- This shot isn't too bad. Very classical.

Mr. Z- Good looking shot Mr. Z. I like the evil dungeony look you have going on in this shot. Cool.

NoeL- Now, if this is not just super awesome work. The is a great looking shot NoeL. I love the boss, and very good colors and tiles. This is excellent. *votes*

Shoelace- Great looking shot Shoelace. I like ice dungeon/temples. This one looks very cool. I love the use of the water and floating ice. Maybe you could make some ice to match the tiny burgs to replace the squarish ice tiles you have there for walking. Just an idea. icon_wink.gif

skateboarder11- Nice looking shot there skate. Good screen setup, and this just looks nice all around.

Awesome work guys. Again, I missed it due to laziness.... Maybe next SotW.

#12 Waluigi

Waluigi

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:20 AM

If there was any competition, I'd say they were as half as good as Noel's.
Awesome looking boss, although I dont think the map matches to well with it. icon_wink.gif

*Votes for NoeL*

Edited by Waluigi, 15 February 2005 - 09:21 AM.

#13 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 11:25 AM

This is a first. I couldn't decided, so I null voted. Only to found out NoeL is winning. Oh well.

DB: Overall, a nice shot. Everything's well balanced. Gee, maybe I should participate someday?

Dorian: A bland shot. You should spread the action out more.

Mr. Z: A nice shot. However, the dark colors spoil it. Darkness nulls the eyes, making a poorer shot, unfortunately. icon_confused.gif

NoeL: Extremely interesting custom boss! It's hard to see such good work.

Shoelace: Interesting puzzle. Too bad it doesn't grab the eye. Still, it's a good puzzle, but an average shot.

Skateboarder: Awesome shot! Too bad it's from Seiken Densetsu set, so you lose points in originality. But it was very well done.

I couldn't decided between Skate's and NoeL's. Argh!

#14 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:37 PM

NoeL wins SotW 80. Congratulations! Now on to a very tough SotM.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#15 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:39 AM

Congrats NoeL. Your shot was very good. icon_clap.gif Next SoTW will be very hard, I wonder if NoeL will win agian? icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users