Adding Combos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

Hey guys. This is, like, super embarrassing question for a ZQuest vet, but it's been over 10 years since I was a serious ZQuester and I didn't remember how much pain in the arse it was to add those hundreds and hundreds of combos to the combo table one by one. So, is there any super secret way of adding/editing/deleting more than one combo at a time? I'd guess no, but have to ask.

#2 Hari

Hari

Snivy Gang

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:19 PM

Mass adding combos isn't too difficult:

1. Open the tile page window.

2. Find the block of tiles you want to add.

3. Select the first tile of that block.

4. Shift left click last tile of the block.

5. Press M. This will open up the combo page window.

6. Find the spot where you want the new combos to be added and select the first combo of that spot. Click Done to confirm.

7. The combo editor window will appear on the screen. This allows you to set the base properties of each of the combos (all of them will have these properties after being created) Click Ok to confirm, and the combos will be created.

This works best with blocks of tiles that are 4 columns wide or less, that way it appears in the combo list as it appears in the tile pages. (If it is less than 4 columns, the editor will ask you if you want to constrain it to that number of columns. If it is more than 4 columns, it will ask you if you want it to be fit to 4 columns)

As for mass deleting combos:

1. Open the combo page window.

2. Find the block of combos that you want to delete.

3. Select the first combo of the block.

4. Shift left click the last combo of the block.

5. Press the Delete key and confirm by clicking Yes.

I don't think there's a way to mass edit already existing combos. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Hopefully that helps. :)

• ShadowTiger, Peteo and Bagu like this

#3 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:11 PM

There are a few things you can do in the combo page editor to speed things up.

Shift + click or Shift + arrows: Select multiple tiles

C: Copy

V:Paste

Ctrl + Shift + V: Advanced paste (select properties to paste; applied to all selected tiles)

Ctrl + +/-: Adjust tile +/- 1

Ctrl + Shift + +/-: Adjust tile +/- 20 (one row)

I: Insert new combos (as many as are selected)

Shift + I: Delete selected combos

ZQuest should adjust everything it can automatically after inserting or deleting combos, but any combo numbers used by scripts will need updated manually.

• ShadowTiger, Peteo and Jared like this

#4 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:36 AM

Mass adding combos isn't too difficult:

1. Open the tile page window.

2. Find the block of tiles you want to add.

3. Select the first tile of that block.

4. Shift left click last tile of the block.

5. Press M. This will open up the combo page window.

6. Find the spot where you want the new combos to be added and select the first combo of that spot. Click Done to confirm.

7. The combo editor window will appear on the screen. This allows you to set the base properties of each of the combos (all of them will have these properties after being created) Click Ok to confirm, and the combos will be created.

This works best with blocks of tiles that are 4 columns wide or less, that way it appears in the combo list as it appears in the tile pages. (If it is less than 4 columns, the editor will ask you if you want to constrain it to that number of columns. If it is more than 4 columns, it will ask you if you want it to be fit to 4 columns)

As for mass deleting combos:

1. Open the combo page window.

2. Find the block of combos that you want to delete.

3. Select the first combo of the block.

4. Shift left click the last combo of the block.

5. Press the Delete key and confirm by clicking Yes.

I don't think there's a way to mass edit already existing combos. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Hopefully that helps. :)

This info was very helpful for me...
I can't count the list of combos I added, one by one...

I made it extra difficult for myself, it seems

#5 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:00 AM

Holy crap, thanks guys! My life just became so much easier.

This info was very helpful for me...
I can't count the list of combos I added, one by one...

I made it extra difficult for myself, it seems

Yup, been there done that. :D

• Bagu likes this

#6 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:41 AM

Hey guys. This is, like, super embarrassing question for a ZQuest vet, but it's been over 10 years since I was a serious ZQuester and I didn't remember how much pain in the arse it was to add those hundreds and hundreds of combos to the combo table one by one. So, is there any super secret way of adding/editing/deleting more than one combo at a time? I'd guess no, but have to ask.

A bit offtopic, but I mad import/export combos easier. You can now export combos as a file, setting a start point and count. Importing allows 1:1 replacement from that file, insertion to a random point, and a 'do not replace' flag, sol you can merge assets w/o overwriting.

If you need 'live' help, the official ZC Discord is also available here:

Welcome back. Please consider testing out 2.55, and otherwise, be sure to update to at least 2.53.0, if not the latest 2.53.. These are all available at the ZC.com Downloads section.

• ShadowTiger and Peteo like this

#7 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 15 January 2020 - 03:19 PM

Nice! ZoriaRPG, seems like the development of ZC is in good hands.

I started this new quest project in ZC 2.53 (Release 2) but would you say it is safe to move the quest's development to the latest ZC 2.55 Alphas? The new Combo editor with all those attributes and stuff really makes me drool.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#8 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:52 PM

2.55 is extremely safe, though there is a standard disclaimer:
Every time you are about to update your ZC version, make a backup. You can always upgrade, but once saved in a new version, you can NEVER downgrade.

Generally speaking, the 2.55 alphas are very stable. And, if a major issue (esp. Crash, etc) is found and reported, it's generally fixed very quickly.
  • ShadowTiger and Peteo like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users