Screen State

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:45 PM

Is it possible to unlock shutters or trigger secrets by using flags in another room.
It tried so much, with screen state carryover/no reset doors/secrets (permanent).
But it doesent work.

BtW, Is it normal that step (to secret) triggers don't use secret chime?
They're completly silent, no matter what I do

• SparksTheUnicorn likes this

#2 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:07 PM

Yep it sure is! First the screen that is triggering the secret cannot be a NES dungeon type. To use push blocks to trigger it all you need to do is flag 16 all around the ground so that Link would have to walk over it. The flag 16 secret combo needs to be a combo that is the type Step->Secrets (Sensitive, Perm.) Than just have a screen state carry over to the screen that you want it to trigger!

• Bagu and SparksTheUnicorn like this

#3 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:48 PM

Thanks!

Gonna try

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 December 2019 - 08:59 AM

Added: Sound attribute for Step->Next.
  • ShadowTiger and Bagu like this

#5 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:33 AM

Do I have to download 2.55 alpha again, to use the added function?

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:24 PM

I doubt that the version that includes those changes has been released yet.  There's usually an announcement over it on Discord and it shows up in the "New Threads" list in the upper right corner of the forum index.

I'll bet the new sound effect ability would be really useful for that "crunching" sound your boots make when it walks on wet snow.  Step->Next combos are awesome for snow like that. 

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 13 December 2019 - 11:19 AM

I doubt that the version that includes those changes has been released yet.  There's usually an announcement over it on Discord and it shows up in the "New Threads" list in the upper right corner of the forum index.

I'll bet the new sound effect ability would be really useful for that "crunching" sound your boots make when it walks on wet snow.  Step->Next combos are awesome for snow like that.

It's available, as of today.
  • ShadowTiger and Bagu like this

#8 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:05 PM

It's available, as of today.

Where can I get it? Do you have a Link for me, to download this version?

...btw... Is it possible to use other kind of triggers (light a burn trigger (torch) for example)) to open the shutters in current screen

#9 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:31 AM

www.zeldaclassic.com/downloads/ always has the latest official updates. 2.55 alphas are the 3rd entry down.
  • Bagu likes this

#10 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 16 December 2019 - 06:56 AM

...btw... Is it possible to use other kind of triggers (light a burn trigger (torch) for example)) to open the shutters in current screen

Not a bad idea for generic combo expansion.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

Heh.  In the past, I would've had to go so far as to make a new enemy "Burn Trigger" and give them 1 HP, a "fire lit" death noise, make them vulnerable only to a candle, have no graphics, the ability to spawn and rest on unwalkable combos, and MAYBE always return (If that's even possible; I don't remember) and set Enemies -> Shutters  and put that enemy on all the torches.  What if there's more than ten torches to light though?

So now this is more feasible for non-scripters.  Neat idea.  :thumbsup:

• Bagu likes this

#12 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 24 December 2019 - 09:25 PM

This is fun 

...I already used this trick for crystal switches.

(Cane of Byrna Triggers)

I made a pseudo Cane of Byrna.

...A fairy, with some funny effects (turning Darknuts into coccous etc.)

Only this fairy can trigger theese "switches" 

I'm learning by doing.

I began creating this Game in zquest 2.50, in October I got 2.55 and continued working with this new version.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#13 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2019 - 11:25 PM

Yep it sure is! First the screen that is triggering the secret cannot be a NES dungeon type. To use push blocks to trigger it all you need to do is flag 16 all around the ground so that Link would have to walk over it. The flag 16 secret combo needs to be a combo that is the type Step->Secrets (Sensitive, Perm.) Than just have a screen state carry over to the screen that you want it to trigger!

I've done exactly what you told me, but it doesn't work.
I don't no why.

I set the screen data to "treat as interior screen", so the triggering screen is not NES Dungeontype any longer.
I placed flag 16 all around and use identical looking ground tile (step to secrets, sensitive perm.) a secret combo.

Could it be, that I also have to change the screen type of the room, which supposed to be triggered?
...so, that it's also an interior screen (and use pseudo shutters, replaced by open door secret Combos)?

Or could it be, because of the difference of screen numbers, between Interior/Dungeon DMaps an overworld DMaps,?
(in this case Always "2" less)

Maybe theres no correct carry over btween the screen.
But my warps are connected correctly, so I'm pretty sure that I didn't make any mistakes in the screen carry over.

#14 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 28 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

I would make the screen that in carries it over to a interior too. That should fix it. If your still having trouble I could set it up for you.

• Bagu likes this

#15 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2019 - 11:49 PM

That would be great

It's just two screens in my DMap 3 (used for level 11 (pseudo level two, to use a triforce not between 1-9)
It's screen 43 triggering 44. (but when I'm connecting warps for this map, they numbers are 2 down, means this would be 41 + 42)
I also don't know if that's normaly, but I guess (because the different sum of screens/minimap)

I try it with a psuedo shutter screen.

But if it won't work, I would be very glad if you would really set this up for me.

My tileset an some of maps may still look a bit messy, I'm a beginner.
I spend a lot time with backward changes, everytime that I'm learning one more thing.

But I now very well what I want to work out, so excuse my confuse style of building please.

Gonna try to get some sleep now (at 5:44 a.m :tard: ), tomorrow I'll try my best with a pseudo shutter, interior Version of my screen.
I'll send you a Feedback.

Thanks for your help

Bagu

Edited by Bagu, 28 December 2019 - 11:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screen State

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users