Link Walking Past Interior Guys

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:19 AM

haha I'm pretty embarrassed to ask what seems like a stupid question at this point. I have searched the forum and couldn't find an answer.

Anyway, in all of my shops, special items and even in dungeon guy rooms, Link is not blocked by the invisible wall that should keep the player from walk past the guy. I thought it would be automatic but no. Is there something I am supposed to do?

Edited by Lynel Richie, 21 July 2020 - 09:09 AM.

• Lightwulf and Bagu like this

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:26 AM

Oh, don't worry, this has caught a lot of people off-guard.

That's because it's related to a quest rule that doesn't actually specify that kind of behavior modification in its name.

I don't recall exactly which rule that is, but I think it's under Quest Rules -> Other, and then either "Messages Freeze All Action" or "Messages Disappear" (or possibly a combination of both). Try messing with those and see what happens.

• Lightwulf and Lynel Richie like this

#3 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:43 AM

It'd be "Messages Disappear". I believe the wall is linked to the message string being on screen.

• Lightwulf and Lynel Richie like this

#4 Lynel Richie

Lynel Richie

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 20 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

Oh, don't worry, this has caught a lot of people off-guard.

That's because it's related to a quest rule that doesn't actually specify that kind of behavior modification in its name.

I don't recall exactly which rule that is, but I think it's under Quest Rules -> Other, and then either "Messages Freeze All Action" or "Messages Disappear" (or possibly a combination of both). Try messing with those and see what happens.

Yep, that was it. Messages disappear needed to unchecked. Thank you.

• Lightwulf and Lüt like this

#5 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:55 PM

Either that or, if you use the traditional black background for NPC rooms, you can also use the solid black combo to fill the upper part of the room.

• Lightwulf likes this

#6 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 20 July 2020 - 03:22 PM

Either that or, if you use the traditional black background for NPC rooms, you can also use the solid black combo to fill the upper part of the room.

I mean, at that point, you could make a transparent solid combo and place it on layer 1 for any background type.

• Lightwulf likes this

#7 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:29 PM

It'd be "Messages Disappear". I believe the wall is linked to the message string being on screen.

While true for dungeons, the invisible walls in the NES Zelda never disappeared in overworld Guy rooms. Are those solid combos or what?

• Lightwulf, Bagu and Lynel Richie like this

#8 Quiona

Quiona

• Members

Posted 02 June 2022 - 04:59 AM

In version 2.55, this is under Quest->Options->Misc->Messages Disappear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users