Tricks of The Trade
Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:06 PM
How to set it up:
- Set up the combos, cycle them with 2 to 4 diffrent tilewarp combos, cycle how fast you want and make sure to use ones with diffrent letters. to make it fair, Set all of them to the same amin. frames and (or) speed.
- Set up the destination markers, they don't need to cycle. Make them be on sync with that warp.
- Place the cycling tile warp down on layer 0 and put the destination markers on layer 1.
- Set up the warp return points, they should be on where the destination tiles are.
- Set up the tile warps, they may go to the same room, BUT they must use thier warp return points (ie. warp B must use return point B). Or they go to diffrent rooms to form a short cutscene then warp back to your previous room, again MUST make the later warp go to that respective point (ie. if the previous warp was C, set the warp return to C).
- Test it out and see if it works.
Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:00 PM
You can set the Screen Flag "Statues Shoot Fire", with no statue combos on your screen, and then you can cause some statue combos to appear via Combo Cycling, Secret Combos, etc... and the result makes these newly placed statues to shoot fireballs. Using this, you can create... for example, statues that start out "deactivated" and then activate when you step on a trap-switch, suddenly bombarding you from all sides.
Likewise, you can make active Fire Statues turn off, too, with the same effect! Using Secret Combos or Cycling to turn Statue combos to (None) (or perhaps something else) will cause the fireballs to stop firing. Using this, you can potentially mimic the rooms in the GB Zelda games, and cause the statues or some torches or whatever to stop firing once you've killed all the enemies.
Warping Link from one room to another ala "Full-Screen Warp" will NOT enable either of the effects just described. Sorry, old-style custom bossers, you're going to need to be more creative.
Edited by Schwa, 16 November 2010 - 11:00 PM.
Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:35 PM
Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:56 PM
hmm... I know you can't turn them off with the opposite in 1.90, but I wonder if the activation described above would work. I hope I remember to test that. good stuff.
Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:11 AM
Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:40 AM
Needs 2.5. Choose the "Step next All" combotype for the trigger and for the solid block that will open.
That's how you can have a step trigger AND another trigger that opens another block (boomerang trigger for example) in the same screen.
Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:55 AM
Edited by Midnight_King, 07 March 2011 - 05:56 AM.
Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:15 PM
1. Have an invincible summoner that deals no touch damage that summons a bombchu enemy
2. Give the bombchu enemy 0 HP
Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:48 AM
Edited by HylianGlaceon, 01 October 2011 - 10:45 AM.
Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:53 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users