2.55 for mac

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kmack08

kmack08

• Members

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:54 PM

Is there one

Also, dropped my laptop and now my shift key is not working so hence no question mark. lol.

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:00 PM

No. For LINUX, we are attempting to make one; but as Mac is dropping support for 32bit applications, ZC will not be available for Mac for the foreseeable future; as they aren't allowing us there.

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:56 AM

Is there one

Also, dropped my laptop and now my shift key is not working so hence no question mark. lol.

What version of OSX do you run? If it is 10.13 or earlier, then you can run the old 2.50.x builds, which will remain the latest for OSX until we are bored, and lose our minds; or have people devote themselves to making a build of ZC for legacy OSX versions. 10.14 might run them, 10.15 and later never will:

https://www.zeldacla...adly-at-an-end/

Please read the article, to find out why. This time, it wasn't up to us.

The latest OSX that I run is 10.6. I stopped updating as soon as Apple decided they should manage what software I was permitted to run--they started doing that in 10.6 TBH, but it was far worse in 10.7 and beyond. My newest Apple HW is from 2008.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#4 tonym

tonym

Initiate

• Members

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:55 PM

What version of OSX do you run? If it is 10.13 or earlier, then you can run the old 2.50.x builds, which will remain the latest for OSX until we are bored, and lose our minds; or have people devote themselves to making a build of ZC for legacy OSX versions. 10.14 might run them, 10.15 and later never will:

I completely agree and feel the pain. The fact that Apple wants to dictate what we can run on our machines and their refusal to support anything 32-bit is preposterous. That said, I'm sure there are a number of people (like myself) who will never update past 10.14 (which runs 2.50.2 just fine) due to this so would you consider releasing 2.53 and future versions for those who are still running supported systems?

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:50 PM

I completely agree and feel the pain. The fact that Apple wants to dictate what we can run on our machines and their refusal to support anything 32-bit is preposterous. That said, I'm sure there are a number of people (like myself) who will never update past 10.14 (which runs 2.50.2 just fine) due to this so would you consider releasing 2.53 and future versions for those who are still running supported systems?

Perhaps, but it surely won't be a priority. .I have a Mac Pro running 10.6, an XServe running 10.5, and a Dual G5 running 10.4. We don't have compliant makefiles for OSX, so it is convoluted, and of course, building Allegro 4.4.4 on OSX is its own issue. This type of build would also have extremely limited support and would only be guaranteed to work properly on 10.4->10.6. 

We were investigating an OSX build right up until Apple announced discontinuation of support for 32b software. Even without that issue, ZC requires Quartz and QT

I have considered making a PPC build of 2.53.1, at some point for legacy OSX users. Then again, I have considered making builds for Haiku and AROS, too, because I like alt OSes. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users