Photo

Screenshot of the Week 428

Demonlink Orithan Hoff123 Marco Shane

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 428 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

I don't understand your entire argument, in your original comment you did notice flaws in demonlink's picture, but to keep this argument up about the subscreen, in the many instances where you said "only the subscreen" tells your complete lack of faith in the picture itself.

I'm certain people made their vote based on the whole image, not just the subscreen. How far are you going to go to try and tell people you don't like the image? Like Seriously!!!!! I propose a drum war. Winner claims all. (I know it's usually thumb war, so silence! *shifty eyes*)

What. I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

I'm going to say this again because I'm a nice misunderstood man: I think there's a lot of people who vote and just say "I voted for the subscreen". I commented on Demonlink's screen, I don't see how that counterarguments anything. If I were to make a nice subscreen for my quest and entered three contests in a row with different environments, I'd personally think it'd be unfair for other contestants to not get voted just because of my subscreen which has been more around than one week. Especially if I win.

I'm not sidekick and assume the community/majority are doing this. I'm not saying Demonlink should lose. I'm not attacking him. I'm not doing this to constantly say I don't like his image. I'm talking about the general voters in all contests that usually just say "I voted because of the subscreen." or "I didn't vote for this because it lacks a subscreen." and sometimes "this guy has a default/same subscreen as this tileset/guy."

I'm not saying you shouldn't be voting because of it. I'm not saying you should stop mentioning them, hence why I commented on Orithan's subscreen. I'm also not saying there shouldn't be subscreens neither. But I do think there should be a better reason -- like the screen just below the subscreen.

EDIT: I hope I don't need to state this again. I stated this a unhealthy amount of times. If you have a problem with this opinion then that's okay. Let's agree to disagree.

Edited by Shane, 16 October 2013 - 08:53 PM.

• Jared likes this

#32 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Actually, that was a fairly reasonable argument. You're now less misunderstood. Jk

To be honest, if you were around sotw longer than I have (which is not hard since I just dropped in) than I can tell you are speaking from other experiences. It felt at first you were singling out this image as a target for unfair criticism but I know now that is not the case.

#33 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

I didn't read all the comments yet, but Orithan's shot appealed to me most.  I like the theme, the graphics, ... even the subscreen someone was complaining about! (The only issue I have with it is the use of mostly gray; especially on the map area {maybe that changes when you get a map?}. Other than that, it looks great to me!) So, my vote's for Orithan.

Hoff's Classic shot was quite nice! :)  It's a nice fairy cave.  For some reason, it seems reminiscent of the Ocarina of Time Great Fairy caves; not sure why.  Anyway, I love the changes in sand tone/color!

Nice humor too!  ;)  Sometimes I just trigger the fairy when I have full life to see what happens, but it is annoying that you can't move and have to wait a few seconds.  Yeah, it don't make much sense for a fairy to heal you when your life's already full; I guess the fairy just wants to make sure it's not 1/8th empty or something; I don't know.  :lol:

About Demonlink's shot, quite nice! :)  ... Not sure if I've seen this tileset too much, though, because it seems like I've seen a lot of this kind of screenwork.  Except for the floating barrel, transparent water, and objects both on the surface and at the bottom of the water; those are the most unique things I see.  Also, I just noticed the few scattered leaves here and there; that's a nice touch! Quite a nice screen indeed! :)

... Ooh! I just noticed the GB-style bushes with color enhancement! Verrrry nice! :D  Me like!

Marco's shot seems to be a mix of Zelda 1 and Zelda 2, with the Zelda 2-style sidescroller action and tiles mixed in with Zelda 1 enemies and Link sprites.  Pretty spiffy! :) If those spikes are really damaging, I don't know if I'd be able to beat this boss!

I'd have to ask Shane if this is an erroneous screen he got when playtesting his level 2? I'd definitely give it Glitch-of-the-Week status if that's so!  If not, I'd definitely crown it as Joke Shot of the Week!  :XD:

But seriously, I'm just curious to know about the "keys" that are not aligned with the floor tiles, if you had them set as enemies or projectiles (or just plain FFC's)? I know FFC's can do that, but I also know you can play with sprites/tiles for enemies/projectiles, too.  If there were shadows, I'd have guessed that you set the key tile to some Keese/Bats in the room.  Quite intriguing! :)

That being said, the door's kinda' inexcusable. Unless you intended for it to use drastically different colors than the walls, there's no reason to leave it at CSet 0; it's an easy fix.

• Orithan likes this

#34 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Everything is intended to be like this, given the name, every thing that is off alignment are FFCs which fly around constantly. I have a whole dungeon demo (two demos, actually) in the swag.qst thread. :lol:

Edited by Shane, 17 October 2013 - 06:29 AM.

• Demonlink and David like this

#35 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Everything is intended to be like this, given the name, every thing that is off alignment are FFCs which fly around constantly. I have a whole dungeon demo (two demos, actually) in the swag.qst thread. :lol:

swag.qst... sounds promising! (Me want to try demo!) *Goes and downloads demo* :lol: 

#36 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

This had almost become Sot2W there now. :P
  • Demonlink likes this

#37 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

Orithan - 9 votes [18.75%]
Hoff123 - 2 votes [4.17%]
Demonlink - 21 votes [43.75%]
Marco - 10 votes [20.83%]
Shane - 6 votes [12.50%]

53 members have cast votes!

Demonlink
Demonlink.png
Beautiful preview of my Hylian Tale "Reawakened".

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demonlink, Orithan, Hoff123, Marco, Shane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users