Photo

Screenshot of the Week 428

Demonlink Orithan Hoff123 Marco Shane

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 428 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

But there's still the fact that it looks rather odd. :P

Meh, works with me! :D Or I'll change it, because it DOES look kinda odd...

Voted for Shane, it had the most swag.

Warning: Slightly Gross Image(Though still SFW, because I'm nice like that. :3)

Spoiler

Your argument is invalid. *runs*

Thank you for sharing my heart :lol:

#17 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

I find this complaint to be a bit on the contradictory side, especially when one of your complaints about my screen is centered on the subscreen. I also feel that it is not fair to complain about the number of votes people are getting, as it may unfairly sway votes. How can you be sure that Demonlink is getting all these votes because of his subscreen?

Also, what makes my screen feel "generic", especially in comparison to Demonlink's (who has a type of screen that is seen far more often in SotW than mine)? When you criticize somebody's screen; you want to not only tell them what problems you have with it, but also tell them how to fix these complaints. Just telling someone that their screen is "generic" accomplishes neither.

The criticism wasn't going to affect whether I was going to vote for you or not. You wouldn't known that. Your shot was pretty generic to begin with for me because the palette and envoriment is just been there, done that. Again, I'm not going to write the next Twilight.  :shrug: I also never complained about the number of votes. But the number of people vote in general is because of the subscreen.

Hey, subscreens are part of the pictures we're seeing, so they affect the voting too. Sometimes I even vote for a screen because of the subscreen and sometimes I refuse voting for a screen because it has no subscreen or no Link and enemies.

I vote Marco this week for his well-designed sideview screen!

Just voting for a subscreen is like liking a cake only because there's a cherry on top. There's still the taste of the cake, but you're going to be seen as kind of picky if you only care about the tiniest of things to some honestly. I mean, I'm okay with people voting and liking subscreens. But just because of the subscreen... well screenshot of the week loses its point.  :shrug:

Edited by Shane, 08 October 2013 - 07:51 PM.

• Jared likes this

#18 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Just voting for a subscreen is like liking a cake only because there's a cherry on top. There's still the taste of the cake, but you're going to be seen as kind of picky to some honestly. :shrug:

The subscreen could have taken the same amount of work as the screen itself, if not more perhaps. I remember myself making a whole new subscreen JUST for a sotw screenshot back in the day. xD

• Demonlink likes this

#19 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

But it's like saying "the lack of mountains is bad". The screen never states it needs it because maybe it's a forest or desert? And maybe there's no subscreen because there's a cutscene going on? You never know, so that's why I just vote what I see. Not what I want to see. :P

• Jared likes this

#20 alek

alek

posting on internet

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

However funny/awesome Shane's was, I went for Demonlink's due to great use of the tileset.

• Jenny and Demonlink like this

#21 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

The criticism wasn't going to affect whether I was going to vote for you or not. You wouldn't known that. Your shot was pretty generic to begin with for me because the palette and envoriment is just been there, done that. Again, I'm not going to write the next Twilight.  :shrug: I also never complained about the number of votes. But the number of people vote in general is because of the subscreen.

Just voting for a subscreen is like liking a cake only because there's a cherry on top. There's still the taste of the cake, but you're going to be seen as kind of picky if you only care about the tiniest of things to some honestly. I mean, I'm okay with people voting and liking subscreens. But just because of the subscreen... well screenshot of the week loses its point.  :shrug:

Just making a quick point here, it's called screenshot of the week, and so far I know, there are no "specific" rules that say "people, vote for the shot, not for the subscreen" :lol: What I mean is people are free to vote for the content of the shot, be it subscreen or whatever they like about it... so technically, it doesn't lose it's point. (Note: Just sayin my point of view, respecting yours and everyone's else, so yeah, trying to avoid a debate here :P )

The subscreen could have taken the same amount of work as the screen itself, if not more perhaps. I remember myself making a whole new subscreen JUST for a sotw screenshot back in the day. xD

:lol: I usually take around 2 - 3 hours to make a new sub from scratch... 

#22 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Fair enough. Personally, I think it's best if you comment on the overall screen. Because the questmaker is going to keep showing the subscreen, and by that logic, it's an instant vote and no point is seen making everything good. :shrug:

Edited by Shane, 09 October 2013 - 04:20 AM.

• Jenny, strike and Jared like this

#23 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

I never said that subscreens are required, but the entry looks nicer to me if there is one and you should never underestimate the work that goes into making custom subscreens. Yes demonlink, I agree with you! But just saying: your subscreen would look a lot nicer if you had used red hearts instead :P I think blue can be used for magic, or mana.

• Demonlink likes this

#24 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

I never said that subscreens are required, but the entry looks nicer to me if there is one and you should never underestimate the work that goes into making custom subscreens. Yes demonlink, I agree with you! But just saying: your subscreen would look a lot nicer if you had used red hearts instead  :P I think blue can be used for magic, or mana.

Yeah, they do look weird... *goes back and changes heart color* 

#25 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

As of writing, I'm the only person to vote for Hoff123. His screen melded best. Demonlink's had too much distracting junk in the water, Marco's wall details confused me, and Shane's... it was funny, but not SotW material. The closest competitor was Orithan's. I don't have any concrete critiques; it just didn't have the same aesthetic impact as Hoff123's.
  • Haylee and Hoff123 like this

#26 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

I voted for Shane, Not because the screen was good but because "Go home Level 2, you're drunk." .

• Shane and TheLegend_njf like this

#27 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

As of writing, I'm the only person to vote for Hoff123. His screen melded best. Demonlink's had too much distracting junk in the water, Marco's wall details confused me, and Shane's... it was funny, but not SotW material. The closest competitor was Orithan's. I don't have any concrete critiques; it just didn't have the same aesthetic impact as Hoff123's.

Hehe, thank you Nicklegends :).

#28 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

I voted for Shane, Not because the screen was good but because "Go home Level 2, you're drunk." .

#swag #yolo

#thankyou

#29 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

I dunno why I was just "#" tagged but thanks?

#30 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Fair enough. Personally, I think it's best if you comment on the overall screen. Because the questmaker is going to keep showing the subscreen, and by that logic, it's an instant vote and no point is seen making everything good. :shrug:

I don't understand your entire argument, in your original comment you did notice flaws in demonlink's picture, but to keep this argument up about the subscreen, in the many instances where you said "only the subscreen" tells your complete lack of faith in the picture itself.

I'm certain people made their vote based on the whole image, not just the subscreen. How far are you going to go to try and tell people you don't like the image? Like Seriously!!!!! I propose a drum war. Winner claims all. (I know it's usually thumb war, so silence! *shifty eyes*)

• Demonlink likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demonlink, Orithan, Hoff123, Marco, Shane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users