Complete Overhaul is Done!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 09 July 2024 - 08:54 AM

I have now finally finished overhauling my quest. The 5000+ strings have all been properly looked over. I want to make sure the writing is as polished as possible. It was kind of painful, but I'm glad I was able to rework my game from the ground up. Some changes you can expect:
- Renaming certain characters (Including one major character)
- Implemented 2.55 features like bottles and updated subscreens
- Better font for strings which allows me to save space.
- More efficient scripting to allow for enhanced cutscenes.

I said before that I plan to have eleven main dungeons in the game including the final one. I have seven done already. I'm ready to move on to new material and areas now.

Here are some minor characters that will appear in the story:

DNdIDCo.png

Malo: The baby-faced 50 year old man is a very wealthy CEO in Hyrule. He controls everything there and has major ties to the throne. He may cause trouble for Link in his adventures.

Linebeck MMMMMXXV: The head chef at a very popular restaurant in Hyrule. He can come off as blunt, but he is helpful in giving Link tips and directions.

Dennis Abriel Dragmire: A male Gerudo who is quite nice. The reincarnation of the Dark Lord from a male Gerudo has long been gone, but Hyrule still wants to hunt him down. He is currently in hiding and may be able to help teach new skills if Link gives him seashells.

Edited by Tabletpillow, 09 July 2024 - 08:56 AM.

• DarkFlameSheep, Twilight Knight, Russ and 7 others like this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 July 2024 - 05:33 PM

Important lore question. Does Linebeck MMMMMXXV come from a family line of chefs over 5000 generations long? What does this mean for the nature of this world and its traditions if so? Not only for there to be 5000 generations of people, but for there to be 5000 generations with the same name. Alternatively is he just taking the piss, claiming a family legacy that he doesn't actually have? He's the first Linebeck but stuck the numerals on because he thought it'd make him look more prestigious. Or perhaps a third option, is MMMMMXXV just a name? If so, how would it be pronounced?

• Tabletpillow likes this

#3 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 09 July 2024 - 06:53 PM

Important lore question. Does Linebeck MMMMMXXV come from a family line of chefs over 5000 generations long? What does this mean for the nature of this world and its traditions if so? Not only for there to be 5000 generations of people, but for there to be 5000 generations with the same name. Alternatively is he just taking the piss, claiming a family legacy that he doesn't actually have? He's the first Linebeck but stuck the numerals on because he thought it'd make him look more prestigious. Or perhaps a third option, is MMMMMXXV just a name? If so, how would it be pronounced?

I recall the history of Zelda games being over 100,000 years apart from the Hero of Winds to the Hero of the Wilds (Or was it 10,000 years, crazy amount of years tbh, but ROSEMASTER takes places many years after that too)? If it's the former, 5000 generations would make sense sort of. In case I did my lore wrong, he could be self-proclaimed or the title can be lowered. I'm still working on the lore.

Also I just find it amusing that the bloodline would continue on from Linebeck III from Spirit Tracks.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 10 July 2024 - 06:29 AM

Looks and sounds amazing, very excited for this quest!

I really like those 3 characters you shared as well, especially the male Gerudo idea. And of course Linebeck the oh-so-many-eth.

• Tabletpillow likes this

#5 Zeldagamer2020

Zeldagamer2020

Zeldagamer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2024 - 03:07 PM

Cannot wait to play it

• coolgamer012345 and Tabletpillow like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users