128 replies to this topic

#1 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 08 September 2021 - 06:26 AM

210819020212319169.jpg

This topic is about [this game].

• if you find a bug or an error, please let me know here or in private!
  • If you have an improvement to suggest, don't hesitate!
  • If you have reached an end, I would be happy to know which one and what you thought about it here or privately.

In this game you have to make choices based on your personality and there are many different paths. One path for those who are sensitive, one for those who are pragmatic, one for those who are curious or troll (testing the game), and many other paths, tolerance, distrust, antipathy, contempt... Be careful with your answers and choices.

If you want the "main" ending, here is the solution (but I prefer that you make your own choices OR after one run):

Spoiler

the "main ending" does not necessarily represent the "right choices" according to the general opinion, but rather the choices the character you control would have made if you were not there.
In any case, this game will possibly titillate your principles, your morals, whether it is in the way it speaks or in what it says. It is up to you to fight the game to impose your point of view, in the end. Good luck!

Detailled credit: here!
Give a rate to each of my dungeon here!

Edited by Aroten, 01 January 2022 - 12:54 PM.

• Magi_Hero, Rambly, DarkFlameSheep and 3 others like this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 08 September 2021 - 01:17 PM

Started this one up and oh boy, we're digging right into the controversial questions straight from the start huh? It may have been better to stick the content warning at the top of the quest page rather than at the end of the credits section. Either way I'm not turned away by games with some darker themes, so let's see where this is going...

• Magi_Hero, Solynutt and Epsalon ZX like this

#3 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 September 2021 - 01:30 PM

I'll say one of my big gripes, especially with decisions being so important, is that some questions are a bit hard to grasp. IDK if "yes" or "no" means I'm approving or disapproving bad ideas due to the way things are worded. Otherwise I think this is quite a interesting - and controversial - experience. I also agree to put the content warning up top, especially since this quest tackles a lot of sensitive matters even beyond the two that were listed.

• Magi_Hero, Solynutt, dr_henke and 1 other like this

#4 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 08 September 2021 - 01:47 PM

I edited the presentation (I guess you have to wait for it to be validated).

Just to clarify (in case): I'm not necessarily trying to trigger people, I'm not trying to shock them. If I expose this anecdote and tell this story, it is not for nothing. 
I think you suspected it, but I specify for the possible other players who would come here.

Thanks for the feedback, it will help me more than you can think.

• Shane, Jenny, Joelmacool and 3 others like this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 September 2021 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, I honestly believe you have good intentions. I like the quest too much to feel bothered by it. I am wanting to try out other routes since I got one of the worse ones.

• Solynutt and Epsalon ZX like this

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 September 2021 - 08:34 PM

Cool, this is finished? It looked so unique. Gonna give it a try! :)

• Solynutt likes this

#7 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 September 2021 - 12:48 AM

Think I stumbled onto my first major bug. 

Spoiler

I hit F6 on this screen and ended up on the wrong side of the key block.

I've been enjoying my time with this game so far. The character writing doesn't always hit home with me and at times comes off a bit cynical and judgy, but oh man these dream worlds are a treat to explore. This quest is truly beautiful and unique. It really feels like a high quality indie game, just made in ZC for some reason.

• Solynutt and Epsalon ZX like this

#8 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 09 September 2021 - 02:45 AM

Spoiler

#9 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 09 September 2021 - 06:44 AM

Think I stumbled onto my first major bug. 

Spoiler

I hit F6 on this screen and ended up on the wrong side of the key block.

I've been enjoying my time with this game so far. The character writing doesn't always hit home with me and at times comes off a bit cynical and judgy, but oh man these dream worlds are a treat to explore. This quest is truly beautiful and unique. It really feels like a high quality indie game, just made in ZC for some reason.

Thank you! Are you blocked here? You can push the door!
I'll change the respawn point!

Spoiler

What end please? What is your last dungeon?

Spoiler

Edited by Aroten, 09 September 2021 - 07:04 AM.

#10 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 09 September 2021 - 01:12 PM

You have to know that this game does not represent my state of mind. I thought it would be obvious, but this game is the dream of a character who will become the antagonist of my next game.
This game allows me to build the "villain" of the next game in a way.

I need to know the reaction of the people here to make my next game because it's from their reaction that I'll be inspired to create the other characters that will be facing the one you control in this game.

Edited by Aroten, 10 September 2021 - 01:12 PM.

• Jenny, dr_henke and Epsalon ZX like this

#11 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members

Posted 09 September 2021 - 02:56 PM

What end please? What is your last dungeon?

Spoiler

#12 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members

Posted 09 September 2021 - 03:00 PM

If I could put my hat into this discourse, I wanna get my opinions out there. I'm not rating or reviewing the quest because I haven't played it, but I have watched two of my friends do full playthroughs and so I think I've seen enough of the quest to gather my thoughts on it, and why I think some of the negativity surrounding this quest is warranted. Let me make something very clear, I have no problem with storytelling that handles heavy subject matter, or even storytelling that comes to the wrong conclusion due to the point being that it's the view of the character, and not the author.

As a side note, I think you shouldn't feel discouraged that people are trying to interpret what you write. You wrote a game that's supposed to have a shitton of subtext, and so, naturally, people are going to interpret that subtext how it's presented to them, because the point of subtext is to be interpretive. If they miss the mark, you shouldn't scramble as hard as you seem to in order to correct them, because subtext isn't supposed to have a defined answer most of the time.

I think the issues here arrive at how muddled things get between what's meant to be representative of you, the creator, and the protagonist of the story. I'm not going to directly refer to your own personal trauma and how you've chosen to include it in your story either, but you have my sympathy for sure. The rest of this will be unfiltered in discussing spoilers for the game though, so the remainder of this post will be spoilered.

Spoiler

Edited by Einsiety, 09 September 2021 - 03:01 PM.

• Joelmacool and Matthew like this

#13 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 09 September 2021 - 03:04 PM

Spoiler

It's the way for the main end, and if you reboot the game, you can "continue" the game if you have special items but... wow, I'm... surprising, you are strong
If one day you have time, you can express here how the game can be improved or how you agree/disagree with the philosophy of this game
Thank you so much

• Jenny and Epsalon ZX like this

#14 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 09 September 2021 - 03:11 PM

Anyway I'm not going to share with you the state I'm in, but the feeling of having been completely evaluated without consensus, because of a misunderstanding of the intention, without being able to answer because I'm not known, with a note and a review that will probably push people away from playing this game, that is, almost 8 years of work... believe me the value of your words have destroyed me, but you won't be there to see it, so, "it doesn't matter", I guess.

god, sorry. i regret expressing any sincere sentiment or taking away my own conclusions about the quest. i'll try to refrain from having an emotional reaction to transgressive literature in an artform that's a fucking minefield full of violent statements from now on. i'll try, as a transgender woman, to not read vague statements that seem to imply that being transgender is a result of mental illness as being such, when the overwhelming majority of art and literature of the past 30 years has literally told everyone otherwise.

i'm sorry for not being psychic and not being able to tell that you're the grey wolf character and that the unfortunate situation you were in wasn't hypothetical. sorry for not being able to just know who the voicing of the weird talking box characters is supposed to be. sorry for taking the wrong conclusions away from a very abstract piece of art, especially one that advertises itself as a dialog but is apparently actually an extremely personal work

i will retract my review and rating. happy?

#15 Solynutt

Solynutt

Solynutt

• Members

Posted 09 September 2021 - 03:14 PM

If I could put my hat into this discourse, I wanna get my opinions out there. I'm not rating or reviewing the quest because I haven't played it, but I have watched two of my friends do full playthroughs and so I think I've seen enough of the quest to gather my thoughts on it, and why I think some of the negativity surrounding this quest is warranted. Let me make something very clear, I have no problem with storytelling that handles heavy subject matter, or even storytelling that comes to the wrong conclusion due to the point being that it's the view of the character, and not the author.

As a side note, I think you shouldn't feel discouraged that people are trying to interpret what you write. You wrote a game that's supposed to have a shitton of subtext, and so, naturally, people are going to interpret that subtext how it's presented to them, because the point of subtext is to be interpretive. If they miss the mark, you shouldn't scramble as hard as you seem to in order to correct them, because subtext isn't supposed to have a defined answer most of the time.

I think the issues here arrive at how muddled things get between what's meant to be representative of you, the creator, and the protagonist of the story. I'm not going to directly refer to your own personal trauma and how you've chosen to include it in your story either, but you have my sympathy for sure. The rest of this will be unfiltered in discussing spoilers for the game though, so the remainder of this post will be spoilered.

Spoiler

Your comment, your critique, that's all I want. This is what I wanted to see. 
I think I can accept criticism, but the first review must not discourage people from downloading and providing me with other reviews, that was my fear.

This game was started a long time ago and I realized way too late that the whole thing could look confusing. You are right. Now I have realized and have the experience to avoid the worries of this game.

Just in case, for the anecdote (because I can understand that it is difficult to understand:
Spoiler

Thank you again, I put all the help comments in a text file and you can be sure that I will take them into account.

Edited by Aroten, 09 September 2021 - 03:56 PM.

• dr_henke and Epsalon ZX like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: action, adventure, story, puzzle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users