Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#796 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:51 PM

These warp arrival coordinates will be the death of me. :sweat: But thanks for your patience. Likely unnecessary bug-fix.

To find the L4 Tunic, you need the bulk of the Relics, the ladder, and either the L3 or L4 Boomerang or the Mirror Shield, all for the purposes of defeating Mirror-robes. On the bottom floor of Excavation, fully explore it and collect all of the keys so you can go straight north to the upper-most room of the bottom floor of Excavation. You'll have to walk through a lot of walls in really weird ways to get the keys to the locked doors.

Here's a map of the floor, as well as where the walkable walls are. The L4 boomerang is in the southwest corner, and there's a Heart Container in the southeast corner.

Spoiler

To find the L4 Sword, it's a bit of a hike.

Spoiler

Eventually I'll stop being lazy and turn that whole area into something far more impressive, but who has the time for that.

Also, there is a full list of Relics and where to find them in the first post of this thread. It's at the bottom of that thread, three spoiler-boxes from the bottom.

That's a beautiful photo, thanks

• ShadowTiger likes this

#797 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:00 AM

i could not get the L4 sword and Gold tunic without the mirror shield because i could not kill the yellow wizards, i found out that i have to beat the last crystal dungeon marathon to get that shield  :(  

oh well i have to change plans then

#798 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:01 AM

If you have the L3 or L4 boomerang, you can fire it at their magic and reflect it back at them.  It's a little-known trick that I implemented because I thought it would be cool.

The L4 Boomerang is also found on the bottom basement of the Excavation, FYI.  :P  Bottom-left corner.  You can totally get it whenever you reach the bottom floor.

#799 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:22 PM

I did got the l3 Bomerang and i did kill the wizzards but i could not activate the locks, do i need the mirror shield to reflect on those balls i marked?

2019-08-23-15h05-33.jpg

#800 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:24 PM

You can indeed, though it's obviously a bit awkward to do, as you'll have to somehow get two magic bolts lined up one after another so one passes through a mirror-robe during their stun-phase.

The L4 Boomerang is due straight west.  Just keep re-entering rooms until you can kill all of the enemies in the room and the door westward opens, then walk through one of the maroon-colored blocks.

#801 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

I managed to get the gold tunic, (It was not easy) i slowly managed to get the ball triggers to open the lock floor, then found all the missing relics(thanks to your guide) but i had a missing door key barely found that last key then got the tunic, and then went to L4 sword it was a lot easy than the tunic, and then i went straight to the dojo, and beat all challenges, the the final prices was sweet  :love:

another question, for what is this misterious cementery cave, it have a prize?  

zc-screen00001.png

#802 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:03 PM

I'm very happy for you! <3 Congratulations on your fantastic prizes! Use them well. You can also get the best wallet in the game if you go due west form Error's Mansion, just two screene east of that screenshot of the cave that you had to Super Bomb that I showed off a few posts up. You'll need the L2 Lamp, a super bomb, and the ladder.

That grave is a tribute to Dark Nation, one of the original programmers of ZC who sadly passed away over a decade ago.

#803 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:31 PM

wow another new mini dungeon nice,now i got the wallet,so  what can i buy if i get that money :confused:

Level 5 Sword :lol:

I'm very happy for you! <3 Congratulations on your fantastic prizes! Use them well. You can also get the best wallet in the game if you go due west form Error's Mansion, just two screene east of that screenshot of the cave that you had to Super Bomb that I showed off a few posts up. You'll need the L2 Lamp, a super bomb, and the ladder.

That grave is a tribute to Dark Nation, one of the original programmers of ZC who sadly passed away over a decade ago.

Edited by nandobyker, 24 August 2019 - 10:35 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#804 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:24 AM

To be honest, that wallet was mostly an ease to my own personal paranoia of not having a way to not waste getting those large rupee pickups from chests. Being maxed out on rupees and picking up a 200-rupee pickup, therefore wasting it, just gives me the creeps.

#805 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:22 AM

To be honest, that wallet was mostly an ease to my own personal paranoia of not having a way to not waste getting those large rupee pickups from chests. Being maxed out on rupees and picking up a 200-rupee pickup, therefore wasting it, just gives me the creeps.

ok i see, but why i see a post talking from the L5 sword , is that really exist?

#806 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:23 AM

It's not available in-game. I made it just for testing purposes. What post is that, anyway?

#807 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

This is why I'm using a new system in my quest. Instead of increasing your maximum wallet capacity to buy new more expensive gear, your wallet capacity will stay the same but you get Wealth Medals which make previously unpurchasable items available to purchase. This also has the double benefit of making items you didn't purchase yet cheaper to reward you. And not to mention consumable items cheaper like potions, bait, bombs, arrows...
  • ShadowTiger likes this

#808 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:34 PM

It's not available in-game. I made it just for testing purposes. What post is that, anyway?

2019-08-25-13h27-23.png

from there

#809 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

This is why I'm using a new system in my quest. Instead of increasing your maximum wallet capacity to buy new more expensive gear, your wallet capacity will stay the same but you get Wealth Medals which make previously unpurchasable items available to purchase. This also has the double benefit of making items you didn't purchase yet cheaper to reward you. And not to mention consumable items cheaper like potions, bait, bombs, arrows...

Interesting! Something I had always wanted to do was to provide an ethereal rupee and life "bank" where for each rupee or heart you picked up when you were already at maximum, it would store that number somewhere. Then there would be an NPC somewhere that would let you withdraw those stored rupees, but with interest. There would also be an item similar to the Reserve Tanks in Super Metroid that would store health picked up, but perhaps also with interest, or maybe for another rupee cost too. But that's just a pipe dream, and not for DoY.

That image contains text mentioned by someone other than myself, and six years ago. :P Though if we're being technical, I had an idea for the L3 sword where its sword beams could be fired at the cost of magic, but that would be silly. That would've used multiple levels of sword-like items to implement, but wouldn't be actual "levels" of swords as an increase in strength.

#810 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

Very productive night.   Beat the Volcano, had the red tunic for about five minutes before I upgraded to gold, and got the best wallet.  Bugs are getting harder and harder to find.   Did find one weird thing where after you beat the Volcano boss if you go up to the top of the screen before grabbing the crystal you can see an earlier phase.  You can see me at the bottom.  Nothing big but it did really confuse me for a second.  

rHlYoGj.png

• ShadowTiger and nandobyker like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users