What did you accomplish in ZC today?

• Please log in to reply
4950 replies to this topic

#4231 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:37 AM

This was a productive day. I officially started work on ZC 2.54 (Alpha), and I have quite a lot of work done on it. Almost all of the new ZScript is merged, but untested; and I managed to add all of the new pointers, and started on a few editor improvements. 

Alphas 1 and 2 seem good, thus far. We'll see if I run into any issues back-porting or side-porting features from master, and 2.future.

My goal, is to be able to release 2.54 a few months after 2.53.

2.53-> New more stable build.

2.54-> New features.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 21 October 2017 - 03:38 AM.

• Anthus, Twilight Knight and Jared like this

#4232 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:57 PM

Ripped more tiles. Well, kinda. I only really ripped one set so far, but I'm arranging tiles from four other wall sets into ZC-friendly images that I can rip from. Some editing will need to be done to separate the floors from the walls, and borders in some instances, and I will have to hack together some layerable borders, but that is not too bad. The biggest challenge will be getting all the dungeon objects across the sets to use one or two c-sets. This may or may not happen, and it may or may not result in me not finishing these for others to use as an official submission. That's not stopping anyone from using these as is, though, if you wanted to. This is what I got so far:

in ZC:

Ml20UtN.png

Tiles

EDIT: Got another set into ZC, and even made floor borders, but you'll have to wait till SotW 633 to see it. :blah:

• Sheik, Avaro and Jared like this

#4233 isolated726

isolated726

Initiate

• Members

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:55 PM

"Finalized" where my caves and what environments are going to be where, and built 3.5 screens of this NES-ish style quest.  Mostly non-functional and/or non-pretty, but that will be filled in after the design is done.

• Anthus and Eddy like this

#4234 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

W6UW6ZJ.png

Made my oil color for level 2.

• Anthus, Eddy, Matthew and 1 other like this

#4235 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

Made my oil color for level 2.

Plus 100 points if you are making a Beverly Hillbillies Quest. :D

Today, I messed around, and imported some more tiles. This time, from the overworld. I'm actually not nearly as happy with them though, as the dungeon wall sets. I'm currently considering not ripping the mountains I was going to use, since they are literally crappier LttP mountains, which I already have. That said, some of the overworld details are really nice like the grass, flowers, and dat water tho. The houses are nice, and I'm also really a fan of the design philosophy used for trees. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it. It adds some uniqueness instead of using GB, or LttP trees for the umpteenth time.

This is the game/ map I'm referring to, if you are wondering what the hell I'm talking about. :P

#4236 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:19 PM

Plus 100 points if you are making a Beverly Hillbillies Quest. :D

Sadly. I have to say no. This is just an idea I had cause I am handing out the candle in this level. Originally it was just a normal grave.

I give my dungeons a theme and then like to add an extra theme based on whatever item I hand out. My dungeons almost always use liquid in some form.

The first level is a swamp area for instance. It's also an underground barrack.

I like to use water a lot. Level 3 is underwater. Even my desert has a lake... just a poisonous one.

#4237 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

I completed TRIFORCE!

Congratulations Future NewJourneysFire!

• Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 2 others like this

#4238 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

I found out another palette problem that was the final step into the grave for my hope to enter something for the expo *sigh*

#4239 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:41 AM

Rewrote my X-Ray Visor script to actually use an arc rather than a circle.
zelda001.png

My goals of getting this done are starting to come into focus...

Edited by ywkls, 02 November 2017 - 02:26 AM.

#4240 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 04 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

Spoiler

Finished the lower floor of level 2.

Spoiler

Made some casket tiles.

• Shane and Eddy like this

#4241 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

I did quite a huge bit of Level 8 for AR3 today. In fact, I got almost the whole dungeon completed! All I have left is the boss and then I can begin the endgame of the quest. About time :P

• Shane, WindRobe, David and 3 others like this

#4242 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

I did quite a huge bit of Level 8 for AR3 today. In fact, I got almost the whole dungeon completed! All I have left is the boss and then I can begin the endgame of the quest. About time :P

No. It's supposed to be eternally cancelled.
  • Shane and Eddy like this

#4243 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

The entire time I’ve been in high school, AR3 has been in the works. I’m prepared for the greatest quest ever at this point.
  • Anthus, Shane, Eddy and 2 others like this

#4244 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 09 November 2017 - 07:05 AM

And this was the motivation needed to finish AR3. Of course only after putting at least the same amount of time once more into it, now that Eddy knew of Matthew's high expectations!

And so time flows by and as we all sit bored in our retirement homes it finally arrives: With not less wonder and excitement than at the view of Atlantis rising from the deapth of the sea: AR3 is released on pure, filling our lives once more with reason.

So please, don't let a future happen where Matthews grandchildren mock him as they don't believe in stuff like Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny or the release of AR3 anymore.
  • Anthus, Eddy, Jared and 2 others like this

#4245 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

What a majestic analysis that was. But yes, I hope I won't disappoint. I've definitely been thinking of brushing up a lot of the quest by the time I'm done with it. Nothing too major, just some extra scripts to make gameplay smoother and more scripted bosses to make things more interesting. Also gotta add in the post-game and then extra secret bonus stuff...

No. It's supposed to be eternally cancelled.

You thought wrong >=)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users