Photo

Screenshot of the Week 337

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

Poll: ! (47 member(s) have cast votes)

!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:39 AM

linktopower - C+
For classic, I think it's okay. Good concept, but I think the coastline could still have a more interesting shape to it.

Isdrakthül - C+
Some elements of the screen seem to work, and some could certainly look better. You do a good job with the grass, the road, and the trees, but the cliffs still feel a bit on the man-made side.

Moo2wo - B+
Pretty good for the most part. Ground details look good, and so does the visible vegetation on the edges. Somehow though, I get the feeling that the shadowing needs to be either more or less, depending on if the center indicates a more open field, or there are many large trees overheard that don't appear in the shot. I almost voted for this one.

Ornlu - B+
Very good on design. I love how that entrance just creeps into the cliffs like that, and the cliff design itself makes a lot of sense. I like screens that can look good while still only using one type of tree. Thus, nothing here is overdone. While it's slightly less interesting than Moo2wo's screen, I think it is without a doubt the most superior of the screens when it comes to the more backbone elements of design.

#17 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:17 PM

linktopower: Looks like just another classic shot to me icon_shrug.gif

Isdrakthül: I like the shot, but the tops of that mountain bother me. I'd suggest changing that grass border to the SD3 style tops. That black outline just looks wrong next to the SD3 grass on the ground.

Moo2wo: Good shot, good design. The colors are just too vibrant for my taste.

Ornlu: This shot got my vote. Its simple, but beautiful at the same time. Colors look great, though it seems that there's no way out of that screen other than going into the cave icon_razz.gif

#18 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:26 AM

linktopower - 1 vote = [2.50%]
Isdrakthül -6 votes = [15.00%]
Moo2wo - 24 votes = [60.00%]
Ornlu - 9 votes = [22.50%]
Total Votes: 40

Moo2wo
IPB Image