travel Japan Germany World Foreign Exchange

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Parsnip

Parsnip

Parsnip

• Members

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:35 PM

If you could travel anywhere on earth and if money wasn't an object where would you go? Personally I would want to go to Japan and Germany. The main reason being those are the two languages I am learning. I also really like the Japanese and German culture as well as the food.  

#2 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:58 PM

1. Grozny, Chechnya: Personal reasons I want to visit

2. New York City, USA: I absolutely love skyscrapers.

3. Kabul, Afghanistan: Personal reasons I want to visit

4. Makkah, Saudi Arabia: Personal reasons I want to visit

5. Denver, USA: I live in Colorado Springs, a city 70 miles or so south of Denver, Colorado. Denver boasts decent skyscrapers and commerce attractions.

6. Anywhere in, Japan: Return to the motherland of all things that are unholy in the greatest manner.

• Jared and Parsnip like this

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

At the risk of sounding unoriginal... Japan. It's actually my girlfriend's dream vacation spot, so I'm planning on going with her once we've both graduated college. I've even been learning Japanese in my spare time this year so I'm not that idiot who visits a foreign country without being able to communicate.

Past that, I love Hawaii and would love to be able to keep going back to it. I haven't been to Kaua'i yet, and I'd love to visit sometime.
  • Parsnip likes this

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:43 PM

Japan and Europe. I was going to go to Japan a few years ago after doing a full year of Japanese class sessions, but sickness picked its worst time and I missed a fantastic opportunity of a life time. I would honestly also like to visit the US to meet a few PureZC members or something too. I haven't even fully explored Australia and I want to go outside Australia, but hey, one can dream. :(

• Jared and Parsnip like this

#5 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:06 PM

Ghana, since that is where my wife is from.  Traveling abroad is drastically safer if you can take someone with you who is from the place that you travel.  Though half of the trouble with Ghana can be avoided by just staying out of Kejetia.

I'd also like to see Russia some day, though I'm not a fan of their cousine.

• Parsnip likes this

#6 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:34 AM

Talking inside the US, I'd go back to Kentucky in a heartbeat, as least for a vacation. Go do some hiking or whatever. Other than that, I'd love to visit Ireland or Italy. Ireland, at least I've heard, is gorgeous in the country. Italy is Italy. Nuff said.

• Parsnip likes this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:23 AM

There are quite a few places in mind I would like to go to. For one, I would love to do a road trip all around the United Kingdom, go to all the main cities and learn as many routes as I can so that I can easily travel between one city to the next (not like I could do this already though lol).

Outside of the UK, I would really like to visit the USA one day. Despite things I've heard about the country, I still think it's a pretty cool place. I got no state in particular though, I'll just go wherever I can. I wouldn't mind visiting Japan though that isn't really on my top priority list of places I would love to visit, but it would still be cool to go there.

And finally, while I do go to the country plenty of times, I would love to go to Portugal again, but more specifically in the far south of the Algarve region. The last time I went there was a very long time ago and the memories of that place is incredibly faded, so I wouldn't mind going there again to remember some of my childhood.

• Parsnip likes this

#8 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 24 September 2015 - 04:14 AM

Paris.

I did a study abroad trip there during summer break last March. It was my first international travel. Even as busy as we were, the place was way too huge to cover in 10 days. Plus, my camera died while touring the opera house. I have to go back. There's still so much to do there. Not to mention, I finally cracked their public transit. America could only be so lucky to have anything remotely close to France. (I still don't know how to get around in Chicago.)

Other than that, I suppose I could go for Germany as well. It's also the main language I learned throughout high school. If nothing else, I could sing some Herbert Grönemeyer songs to people. Maybe that would get me in with the in crowd.

• Eddy and Parsnip like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: travel, Japan, Germany, World, Foreign Exchange

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users